Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Shadow of a Tear is awesome, but due to it being a straight to video action flick it's under the radar for most. If you like 80s/90s action stories about white American dudes kicking rear end all over town, then here's a 2010s action movie about an 'American' dude kicking even more rear end all over town.

To keep things as 90s as possible, the main character is named Casey and there's not much in the way of plot. I haven't seen the first Ninja movie and don't see any reason why you would need to in order to love this. Casey has an Asian wife, of course, who is killed by a bunch of bad guys, of course, and so he has to take revenge by murdering everyone in his path, of course.

Despite being the good guy, Casey kills an entire bar full of people because someone knocks into him so this scene is a good introduction as to whether you would like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye5g6BCJqU4

If there's a bingo card for 90s action tropes, Ninja II probably ticks them all off and then some.

Scott Adkins kicks rear end and I would've bothered watching that new Kickboxer movie if he didn't bail out of the project. I might still watch it, imagining Scott Adkins murdering everyone with ease the whole time.

It's on YouTube in a bunch of languages except English, so enjoy it in Polish for some reason I guess, but You're probably better off watching it on Netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSNAQnTXHg4&t=1685s

Feel free to talk about any other straight to video, modern murder-by-fist fests as well as agreeing how good Ninja II is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Jackie Chan did all that already, but I admit this looks a little funnier.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's essentially a love letter to the American kung fu movies that wanted to be Jackie Chan films.

• Locked thread