Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

But the ending doesn't make any sense! How did the French soldiers capture a German woman? They weren't advancing into Germany, they were kicking the Germans out of France, so any civilians they found would be French civilians!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
That and (the original) Dawn Patrol are my go to WW1 films.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I'd like to establish a Remarque safe space in this thread.

And also introduce "Breaker Morant" and "Gallipoli" as great WWI (era) anti-War films.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Shbobdb posted:

I'd like to establish a Remarque safe space in this thread.

Does this mean I can't complain about the acting in All Quiet on the Western Front

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

VostokProgram posted:

Does this mean I can't complain about the acting in All Quiet on the Western Front

i was gonna defend all quiet but i was thinking about the big parade which is great

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
This and Dr Strangelove are my favorite Kubricks but I never cared for him much tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

VostokProgram posted:

But the ending doesn't make any sense! How did the French soldiers capture a German woman? They weren't advancing into Germany, they were kicking the Germans out of France, so any civilians they found would be French civilians!

That German girl became Kubrick's wife and decades later a goonette would nude model for her at their house and she once saw Stanley walk into the kitchen.

• Locked thread