Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Intruder posted:

I understand what you're getting at but 5 picks vs 2

At least 3 of the picks were flukey as hell so actually that comp checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The loss of ET3 is analogous to the Pats losing Gronk, and no one fears them at all right now

Tom Brady is a scrub system qb propped up by Belichicks dark witchcraft story checks out

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Russell Wilson is almost as good as a 3rd round rookie? Glad to hear he's developing well!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bad Moon posted:

Tom Brady is a scrub system qb propped up by Belichicks dark witchcraft story checks out

Tahwm is also a known cheater, as well as a known fuckboy.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

all of a sudden the bucs are america's team

https://twitter.com/TBBuccaneers/status/808387036243697664

that's christmas eve saturday

:toot:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I haven't watched much MNF this season, but Sean McDonough is... not great.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

lol like Jed is ever at Levi's except for Tay Tay

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Intruder posted:

Bisping came within inches of getting BRHed by Hendo AGAIN, only this time Hendo is 46

Bisping is no good

Counterpoint: Bisping heemed Luke Rockhold and it made me laugh really hard

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

big money big clit posted:

Russell Wilson is almost as good as a 3rd round rookie? Glad to hear he's developing well!

Back to back Super Bowl Champion (non-cheating division) Russell Wilson to you

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Please tell me someone got a screen cap of that little kid with Tom Brady's 12 etched into his skull.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Intruder posted:

I understand what you're getting at but 5 picks vs 2

I know I was just jestering to all the doom and gloom Cowboys fans

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

My broadcast switched off the Packers/Seahawks game over to the Saints/Bucs game because of the rear end whooping, and it tuned in just in time to see the Bucs punt the ball down to the one, where the Bucs ST did some circus-style three-man tiptoe ball tossing while falling down on their faces to keep it from being a touchback.

It was some good poo poo.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Abugadu posted:

My broadcast switched off the Packers/Seahawks game over to the Saints/Bucs game because of the rear end whooping, and it tuned in just in time to see the Bucs punt the ball down to the one, where the Bucs ST did some circus-style three-man tiptoe ball tossing while falling down on their faces to keep it from being a touchback.

It was some good poo poo.

That was the play of the week imho

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

At least 3 of the picks were flukey as hell so actually that comp checks out

I tried to find a "flukey picks" stat when I was looking at the box score for Wilson but I couldn't find it

Maybe because it's a made-up loser stat for whiny babies

I did find plenty of stats to show that the Giants have a better defense than the Packers, though

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
From the Jeff Fisher is fired thread:. https://twitter.com/tmckernan/status/808465858175627264/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Kawalimus posted:

To me you put in who gives you the best chance. Play for the Superbowl like there is no tomorrow. It's like how everyone was sure Dan Marino would go back to the Superbowl but never did.

Sure, but that's not how they (and many teams) think about things. Teams have to think about long-term success as well as short-term. Now that it's clear Dak is going to be the QB for the next few years, Romo's cap hit--$24.7M in 2017--has become a much bigger liability. He'd also count $25M against the cap in 2018 and $23M against the cap in 2019. And while they can afford to keep him since they are paying Dak relatively nothing, that's a lot of money that could otherwise be spent building a sorely-needed defense and retaining the remaining pieces of the offensive line. One of the biggest reasons for Seattle's success early on was that they lucked into Wilson and had high-level QB play locked down for rookie wages, which frees up resources to spend on everything but an offensive line, apparently. In a league where every team is going to spend most of its available salary cap space on personnel, the only way to get an advantage is to have players who outplay their contracts, either because they dramatically outperformed a low contract (high risk players) or they've been locked into a low contract (rookies).

I don't necessarily agree with the decision, because I like Romo, think he's a better passer, and would like to see him win a ring in Dallas and this is by far his best chance to do so, but I also see the logic behind it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
There's no real way to prove that Dak is the guy for the future. He might not wind up even being any good. He's started out great but he's inherited an insanely good offense with all the support you could ask for. Most rookies don't get that kind of luxury and are starting on teams that were putrid the year before. I know how they're thinking and I think the way they're thinking needs to be rethought! :D

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Kawalimus posted:

There's no real way to prove that Dak is the guy for the future. He might not wind up even being any good. He's started out great but he's inherited an insanely good offense with all the support you could ask for. Most rookies don't get that kind of luxury and are starting on teams that were putrid the year before. I know how they're thinking and I think the way they're thinking needs to be rethought! :D

I mean I guess "there's no way to prove it" in the absolute sense but Dak's had an excellent season so far and can tell you with 100% certainty that a 37 year-old recently-injured Romo is *not* the QB of the future. There's nothing wrong with how they're thinking--they've got a QB who has played well this season, taken the team to an 11-2 record, excelled in a variety of situations, and only really struggled against some of the league's best defenses bringing pressure. There aren't really any other signals a rookie QB can give you that he's going to be "the guy" going forward. Remember that three other veteran quarterbacks started for this team last year and were absolute dogshit, so it's not just "the situation he inherited." At this point, it'd be a pretty big surprise if Dak winded up "not being any good."

You're straight wrong when you say their way of thinking "needs to be rethought." They're thinking long-term and there's nothing wrong with that right now.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Ehud posted:

I'm going to vote based entirely on which players I think would be best at dodgeball

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Rams should have a fire sale and trade Gurley to the Packers for a 5th round pick IMO

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Petite Dinklage posted:

Rams should have a fire sale and trade Gurley to the Packers for a 5th round pick IMO

He should come to New England and play for a winner. We'll give them Danny and Brandon

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

TheChirurgeon posted:

I mean I guess "there's no way to prove it" in the absolute sense but Dak's had an excellent season so far and can tell you with 100% certainty that a 37 year-old recently-injured Romo is *not* the QB of the future. There's nothing wrong with how they're thinking--they've got a QB who has played well this season, taken the team to an 11-2 record, excelled in a variety of situations, and only really struggled against some of the league's best defenses bringing pressure. There aren't really any other signals a rookie QB can give you that he's going to be "the guy" going forward. Remember that three other veteran quarterbacks started for this team last year and were absolute dogshit, so it's not just "the situation he inherited." At this point, it'd be a pretty big surprise if Dak winded up "not being any good."

You're straight wrong when you say their way of thinking "needs to be rethought." They're thinking long-term and there's nothing wrong with that right now.

You don't know if Dak is really the QB of the future or not. You don't know how good the Cowboys will be next year or following years. Look at the 49ers they were going to dominate for years and it was gone just like that. You put your best foot forward. If Dak flounders the rest of the year into the playoffs and doesn't get back on track, you have to put Romo in. When you're going to be the #1 seed you can't just say it will happen again. Cause it might not. If Dak is good he can handle being benched. Look at Kurt Warner he was never anything and floated around no one gave him a chance until that year with the Rams. And that didn't ruin Trent Green to be benched for him.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Kawalimus posted:

You don't know if Dak is really the QB of the future or not. You don't know how good the Cowboys will be next year or following years. Look at the 49ers they were going to dominate for years and it was gone just like that. You put your best foot forward. If Dak flounders the rest of the year into the playoffs and doesn't get back on track, you have to put Romo in. When you're going to be the #1 seed you can't just say it will happen again. Cause it might not. If Dak is good he can handle being benched. Look at Kurt Warner he was never anything and floated around no one gave him a chance until that year with the Rams. And that didn't ruin Trent Green to be benched for him.

Kawalimus you just said the cowboys are going undefeated next year like 2 weeks ago, stfu retard

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
In other news they fired the Rams coach, and replaced him with the special teams coach. Bad news this week for the Seahawks since the rams always beat us with special teams bullshit

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Awh man, Joe McKnight being carried by a bunch of his old teammates and friends, Sanchez, Cromartie, D'Brickashaw, Willie Colon and Bart Scott.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Kalli posted:

Awh man, Joe McKnight being carried by a bunch of his old teammates and friends, Sanchez, Cromartie, D'Brickashaw, Willie Colon and Bart Scott.

Wanted Mark Sanchez to let him down one last time.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Pops Mgee posted:

Wanted Mark Sanchez to let him down one last time.

I was going to make that joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Week 15 now: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3801537

• Locked thread