Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pikey
Dec 25, 2004
I'm crossposting from the GPU thread where I initially thought this problem might be more appropriate.

Problem Description
After updating my Geforce driver to the latest version 2 days ago, my PC is having sudden hard resets while playing Titanfall and also while under high load (specifically running Prime 95 and heaven 4.0 simultaneously). Event logging shows a kernel-power ID 41 error, which seems to always be preceded 1 second by a Application popup event ID 56. Running prime95 and monitoring temperatures, my CPU temp peaks at about 67C, and my GPU at about 76C. I can run prime 95 indefinitely on its own without a reset. However, when I run both prime 95 and heaven 4.0 it resets after about 10 minutes. Other than the reset, performance in games, browsing, videos, etc all seems to be fine

System
EVGA supernova 650P2 PSU
GIgabyte z170 HD3P
i5-6600K
EVGA GTX 1070
2x8 gig corsair (i think) DDR4
1TB SSD, 1TB HDD which is storage for media

Attempted Fixes
- returned my GPU and CPU to stock voltages and clocks
- clean installs of multiple different geforce drivers with DDU
- system restore point to before the drivers were updated.
- Windows 10 is up to date
- realtek audio drivers updated as I've read they can cause issues.
- replaced the surge protector my PC was plugged into

I have asked google and read the FAQ

Pikey fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Do you have a different power supply you can use to test?

Pikey
Dec 25, 2004
I do not

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Well, if it's not overheating my money is on either the power supply or the motherboard.

• Locked thread