Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
Dear GBS,
I've always had a difficulty maintaining a healthy amount of self-control. In order to get my poo poo together, I've been trying my hardest to get my drinking and weed smokin' under control after doing both on a very regular basis for about five years. However, I've found that it's been tremendously hard to stay sober under the threat of feeling rock bottom depressed. Yes, I am super gay for letting weed affect me so. At any rate, I was wondering; How do you keep the vices away when you're feeling blue? What do you do to keep yourself in check?

Lots of love,
Your second to least favorite poster

PS. This post is directed at the all-knowing and all-loving GBS, and I would like to know the opinion is of the masses therein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

my nigga have you tried lsd

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

clone on the phone posted:

my nigga have you tried lsd

have you ever considered a trip to Africa for a shamanic iboga session?

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

replacement thereapy is an effective solution

try sucking a bunch of dicks instead of weed smoke

rivid
Jul 17, 2005

Matt 24:44
I've replaced my drinking and weed smoking with other lesser vices like jerking off and candy so basically I'm 12 again. On the plus side Starburst makes a package with only the red and pink flavor a now.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Do a bunch of vicodin. Not too much that you have to do Cold water extraction in order to remove stuff for your liver's safety, but start at 10-20mg a day and bummp it up to about 60-80 a day, then take several days of sick/vacation leave, like 4-5, kick your withdrawals. It'll give you some perspective on what lack of self control, depression, and addiction really is like. You'll laugh your rear end off at the idea of ever 'needing' a joint after experiencing what vicodin does to your body.

dont seriously do this, obviously, but it would give you perspective.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

have you ever considered a trip to Africa for a shamanic iboga session?

I have now

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
The thread about self control is wall to wall poo poo posting, heh

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIKGHbm4-6M

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
If you want the shamanic jungle trip experience, go to South America and join an ayahuasca ritual.

If you want to kick your heroin addiction with a psychedelic slap in the face from God, find an ibogaine treatment center.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Play a lot of video games op.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Have you considered a more moderate approach to curbing your extremism?

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
do a exercise

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

hang out with friends, do a hobby, go to therapy, drive around alone

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
If you want to become the stoned primate who once died within the depths of the desert and was reborn the psychic lizard king of the wastes, try out some mescaline :razz:

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

buy a pizza and lie in bed nibbling from it with blankets over your head for two weeks

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

basic hitler posted:

Do a bunch of vicodin. Not too much that you have to do Cold water extraction in order to remove stuff for your liver's safety, but start at 10-20mg a day and bummp it up to about 60-80 a day, then take several days of sick/vacation leave, like 4-5, kick your withdrawals. It'll give you some perspective on what lack of self control, depression, and addiction really is like. You'll laugh your rear end off at the idea of ever 'needing' a joint after experiencing what vicodin does to your body.

Getting so drunk on top of smoking (post detox) that I literally couldn't get off of a toilet seat and had to settle for passing out on my parents' couch a twenty feet away is about as close to this as I want to get. I do understand it though, seeing as feeling that miserable still hasn't convinced my body to want to give it a rest and that I haven't been actually doing drugs with a strong chemical dependency. I'm not a hardcore drug user and yes, I could do much, much worse.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Yeah but you could also be doing a lot better

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
:rubshands: Alcohol's not a drug?!?

"I don't drink" is the new "I don't own a TV"

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Just do a little better

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

hey, I never said that it WAS a drug. I will say though that watching this thread could be good replacement therapy.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

i BELIEVE IN YOU, Starman Super DX!

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

i BELIEVE IN YOU, Starman Super DX!

can you do one for me tia

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

myDad posted:

can you do one for me tia

THE GUN IS GOOD, MY DAD IS EVIL!

MY DAD IS GOOD, THE PENIS IS EVIL!

StarLoveDeluXe
Apr 16, 2016

by zen death robot
I believe in you too, Starman Super Deluxe :rory:

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

basic hitler posted:

Hey you must know my friend, he's doing this except not the stopping part.

He's up to the phase where he disappears randomly, sold anything of value he had, steals from people, and lies directly to his wife "I was at <dealers> house. We were BBQing." Every day. For 10 hours a day. I'm rapidly distancing myself from him, gonna cut contact soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if he graduated to heroin. He showed me once how he did cold water extraction because he figured out how many pills he could take without liver damage, ate up to that limit, then bought more pills.

ballistics statistics fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Dec 7, 2016

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

THE GUN IS GOOD, MY DAD IS EVIL!

MY DAD IS GOOD, THE PENIS IS EVIL!

now do one where the head is vomiting guns at me

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

start huffing duster in your van and post about it itt

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8ViYIeH04

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I stopped drinking a while ago because it's pretty gay, and then I smoked weed for a long time and someone labelled me "dependent" on it so I stopped out of spite I guess. Every time I had an urge I just tell myself "life is pain" and give out a sad sigh, and then after a while sobriety becomes normalcy. So basically just remember life isnt about satisfying yourself, it's about something else?

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

a lot of rehab councilors will say that rock bottom is the only motivator for honest change

so eat RCs and smoke crack until you wake up naked in a den with an infected rear end in a top hat

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

Hey. HEY. Original posts ONLY itt. :mad:

Sintax posted:

I stopped drinking a while ago because it's pretty gay, and then I smoked weed for a long time and someone labelled me "dependent" on it so I stopped out of spite I guess. Every time I had an urge I just tell myself "life is pain" and give out a sad sigh, and then after a while sobriety becomes normalcy. So basically just remember life isnt about satisfying yourself, it's about something else?

Now THIS is a helpful post. The rest of you could learn something from this man!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Starman Super DX posted:

Hey. HEY. Original posts ONLY itt. :mad:

I was trying to get a big line of "killed by" on page 1

people gotta keep replying and loving it up

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Sintax posted:

Let's drink until our hearts stop.

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I was trying to get a big line of "killed by" on page 1

people gotta keep replying and loving it up

Well you hosed up. Now you get the long(er) version.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

:rubshands: Alcohol's not a drug?!?

"I don't drink" is the new "I don't own a TV"

nah the new "i dont own a tv" is "i don't do social media"

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Starman Super DX posted:

Well you hosed up. Now you get the long(er) version.

gbs tetris

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

myDad posted:

now do one where the head is vomiting guns at me

I... poo poo I totally forgot all the GUNS. MY BAD!
-JUST KIDDING YOU STUPID gently caress-MOTHERS :barf:

GO FIRE YOUR GUNS AT EACH OTHER AND AT WOMEN AND CHILDREN AND WHATEVER

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Op, I have a question:

What was his nAme?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

I... poo poo I totally forgot all the GUNS. MY BAD!
-JUST KIDDING YOU STUPID gently caress-MOTHERS :barf:

GO FIRE YOUR GUNS AT EACH OTHER AND AT WOMEN AND CHILDREN AND WHATEVER

What is this thing

• Locked thread