Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I accidentally created a poll
Marie Calenders
Stouffers
Annie's vegan whatever it is
Banquet
Hungry Man
Other (specify)
View Results

• Locked thread
Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I decided to make myself a TV dinner.

Problems with this dinner:

-the box does not clearly state that it's 1lb of food, it looked like all the other boxes in the store freezer section so I ended up with a 1lb dinner

-this 560 calorie box is called "satisfying servings"

-there's green shapes all over it because green = healthy

-there are also green leaves because leaves = healthy

-on the back there's a blurry picture of a salad and tomatoes and peppers because they = healthy

I feel like im posting in the china thread as a Chinese person who who's into TCM. Healthy!

The box says the following things:

-"pair this dish with a salad or a side of vegetables to create a meal that is a part of a balanced diet" --how do you expect me to stuff more into myself when I already ate 1lb of food? Also lol that anyone eating this is gonna eat vegetables

-"freshly made" --by your automated machines and maybe some minimum wage workers, yes

-"we stick to the basics." Yes your grill flavor, autolyzed yeast extract, and enzyme modified butterfat sure are "the basics," just like mom used to make at home!

-"what's the secret to your Meatloaf recipe?" No of course we aren't going to use this for profit no way we just want to hear about it

I'll give them credit though that the pic on the cover is an exact representation of what came in my dinner, albeit put on a pretty plate.

Do YOU have TV dinner stories or complaints? Are you also a lazy person who eats TV dinners? Tell the stories, preferably horrific ones.

Here's the dinner I made that has created this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Forums user "Thin Privilege" posts a thread entitled "TV dinners" wherein he deeply analyzes the packaging of a lovely factory meal

youre like, really fat aren't you

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Forums user "Thin Privilege" posts a thread entitled "TV dinners" wherein he deeply analyzes the packaging of a lovely factory meal

youre like, really fat aren't you

No, but I'm getting there eating this garbage.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
And I like that you pointed that out because I didn't realize the irony myself.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

that seemed like a shitpost but I actually laughed out loud at your op

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Is that Salisbury steak or meatloaf and gravy?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

that seemed like a shitpost but I actually laughed out loud at your op

I'm glad I made you laugh :glomp:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Sponge Baathist posted:

Is that Salisbury steak or meatloaf and gravy?

Meatloaf. Salisbury steak comes with mac and cheese, gross.

E: though, the meat part is exactly the same, the meatloaf is just a bit squishier.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
You don't need a whole TV dinner man, just one BIG AZ burger will do. 870 calories, 55 grams of fat, 23 grams of saturated fat, 1,370 mg of sodium, 57g of carbs, and not a single nutritional component to be found. Heats in 90 seconds so you can get it done during a commercial. Sublime.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EAB
Jan 18, 2011
frozen tv dinners are for poor fat plebeians, which is why I eat them!

honestly though a marie callenders fettucini chicken broccoli ain't half bad when I'm lazy as gently caress

Ignore Me
Nov 11, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Thats a microwave meal.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

EAB posted:

frozen tv dinners are for poor fat plebeians, which is why I eat them!

honestly though a marie callenders fettucini chicken broccoli ain't half bad when I'm lazy as gently caress

Yeah I like those, but they're not filling.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Tato posted:

You don't need a whole TV dinner man, just one BIG AZ burger will do. 870 calories, 55 grams of fat, 23 grams of saturated fat, 1,370 mg of sodium, 57g of carbs, and not a single nutritional component to be found. Heats in 90 seconds so you can get it done during a commercial. Sublime.

have you ever tasted those things? i ate one out of a vending machine at work and i died. im dead now.

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*
The dinners are poo poo but the plastic containers they come in are very good for growing seedlings in.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

autoaim.cfg posted:

The dinners are poo poo but the plastic containers they come in are very good for growing seedlings in.

I have a poo poo ton of peppers after I grew my pepper tree. I was like, "I'm gonna cook food"

Yeah that didn't happen.

Now I have a poo poo ton of dried peppers.

(Unless those are fake names for weed, I don't grow weed)

Ignore Me
Nov 11, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Thin Privilege posted:

I have a poo poo ton of peppers after I grew my pepper tree. I was like, "I'm gonna cook food"

Yeah that didn't happen.

:wtf: Peppers grow on trees?

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
hungry man xxl. go hard or get hosed.

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
psh, i eat tv dinners for breaktfast :smugjones:

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Stranger Danger Ranger posted:

psh, i eat tv dinners for breaktfast :smugjones:

JIMMY DEAN [in lower pitched voice and slightly slower] jaaaaaames deaaan

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
*drops mic*

Thin Privilege posted:

Yeah that didn't happen.

:same:

I have a small baggie of dried De Cayenne and Rawit from my windowsill plants that are still producing.

Now I just need to actually USE them in my cooking too. :chef: :doh:

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
The meat is pretty yang

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
The best is when some rear end hole brings one of those to work and has to hog the microwave in the break room for 10 minutes at noon while a good chunk of the staff is on lunch and also wants to use the microwave.

I do eat my fair share of Grillers Prime by Morningstar though. Does that count for this thread?

BAE OF PIGS fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Dec 9, 2016

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I can't even think of a time or place where I'd even consider anything at all. Especially this.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

autoaim.cfg posted:

:same:

I have a small baggie of dried De Cayenne and Rawit from my windowsill plants that are still producing.

Now I just need to actually USE them in my cooking too. :chef: :doh:

I don't know the type but what am I supposed to do with all these peppers

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

First World Problems thread brought me here.

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.
I ate tv dinners when I was renovating my kitchen and had no sink or stove.
I didn't die or got fat and they didn't taste horrible. I didn't have a TV so I'm p.sure I was illegally eating them

That is my tv dinner story

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
you guys trying to tell me this poo poo aint healthy

Ignore Me
Nov 11, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like a prison meal...

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I don't live in America to lift film, stir, and microwave again. If your TV dinner can't be microwaved in one go, it can gently caress RIGHT OFF

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I've always wanted to eat one of those old timey Swanson dinners that came in the metal tray. I don't know why I think that metal tray would make it taste better, but I have to believe that it would

This kind:

criscodisco fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Dec 9, 2016

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
*drops mic*

Thin Privilege posted:

I don't know the type but what am I supposed to do with all these peppers

#1. Mortar and pestle
#2. Cook some suitable poo poo in a pan or kettle
#3. Toss a handful of homegrown into it.

It's the #2 step that I'm having problems with. I really need to start making some hot stews this winter.

And just lol when the Carolina Reapers eventually start producing.
They're the current Scoville world record holders. I'm gonna be knee deep in weapons grade spice. :kingsley:

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I always liked how the Salisbury steaks or whatever had the grill marks on them, like who are you trying to fool?

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
My dinner last night came from a can lol I'm really letting myself go here

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

KomodoWagon posted:

My dinner last night came from a can lol I'm really letting myself go here

Mine too, the can read, "it's the water."

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I had to nope out of eating a weight watchers tv dinner and instead pan fried a bag of barf with the sauce still in bag until I heard burning plastic

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
The thing with TV dinners is you don't have leftovers, you have reruns.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I like the hungry man beer battered chicken op, it's good eatin

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I only trust TV dinners endorsed by the WWE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kfrjAW8Svc

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i am very sad they discontinued the hungery man frozen breakfast. it was the prefect 1,000 calorie snack

bonus, other quality frozen meals!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
Back when my buddies and I would throw ragers every weekend at the party house we had one dude that would always show up with his alcohol of choice and a Hungry Man XXL dinner. He was the only dude that didn't live at the house that managed to pass out with a full stomach and not wake up the next morning absolutely famished. Truly a pioneer.

• Locked thread