Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I saw the trailer on the way to work this morning and I am excited! Perhaps the best Marvel movie since Iron Man 3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPUASeS6qc0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It's weird how the same Spider-Man has a different dude hiding inside every time. Creepy as gently caress if you ask me, you just never know who's lurking in there this time.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm looking forward to seeing Spider-Man fight Evil Birdman

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Spider-Man versus batman. We've all wanted to see it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Palpek posted:

It's weird how the same Spider-Man has a different dude hiding inside every time. Creepy as gently caress if you ask me, you just never know who's lurking in there this time.

Villains keep finding out who he is so he has plastic surgery, but the court keeps denying his name change petitions so it's a wash.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
^ - :lol:

VideoGames posted:

Spider-Man versus batman. We've all wanted to see it.

It happened in an Amalgam Comics collection.

Or, more accurately, it didn't, because Batman himself said he'd eventually lose, and that they should work together.

NYC has so many heroes, you'd think the citizenry would be used to their city getting smashed up like a Godzilla rampage all the time.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

Or, more accurately, it didn't, because Batman himself said he'd eventually lose, and that they should work together.

NOTMYBATMAN

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mister Macys posted:

^ - :lol:

It happened in an Amalgam Comics collection.

NYC has so many heroes, you'd think the citizenry would be used to their city getting smashed up like a Godzilla rampage all the time.

Wait so Batman can beat Superman and Spiderman can beat Batman which means by the transitive property some rando high schooler who happened to get superpowers instead of cancer from exposure to experimental radiation can beat up Superman?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Hey, I don't make the rules here, but since Stan Lee is alive, and Jerry Siegel and Joel Shuster are both dead...

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

vyelkin posted:

Wait so Batman can beat Superman and Spiderman can beat Batman which means by the transitive property some rando high schooler who happened to get superpowers instead of cancer from exposure to experimental radiation can beat up Superman?

Spider-man can beat superman, you can read all about it in this comic:

I've been a Spider-man fan since I was 8, collected the comics for a long time before getting sick of the storylines, imo the character of spider-man has been ruined so thoroughly that I can't get excited for this movie whatsoever even though it doesn't look bad, maybe I'm just getting old or maybe they keep targeting younger and younger demographics with every movie.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Also what's with Spider-Man and trains?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I'd rather watch real spiders

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

vyelkin posted:

a dude who can detect traps and sneak attacks is batman's kryptonite. i guess batman had better avoid fighting any mid-high level rogues, too.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I can't wait for another origin story. I can't get enough of those. I forget how these superheroes got their powers each time a new movie is made.

I enjoyed Spider-Man 3.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Andorra posted:

I enjoyed Spider-Man 3.

:yikes:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Andorra posted:

I can't wait for another origin story. I can't get enough of those.

Groundhog Day 2: Bruce Wayne's Night at the Movies (just origin stories of his parents dying over and over again)

Groundhog Day 3: *something funny about Uncle Ben and spider bites* the Spider-Man version

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Andorra posted:

I can't wait for another origin story. I can't get enough of those. I forget how these superheroes got their powers each time a new movie is made.

They're actually specifically not making this an origin story this time. This is a Parker-in-high-school film. The only downside to this is no JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the photographer thing doesn't work at all now anyway

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
This will be a good movie imo, probably not breaking new ground and inoffensive, but really who wants a movie were Spider-man is offensive? How would you make that film? Like what radical takes do people want Peter to do, kill Tony Stark because something something death to capitalism?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

achillesforever6 posted:

This will be a good movie imo, probably not breaking new ground and inoffensive, but really who wants a movie were Spider-man is offensive? How would you make that film? Like what radical takes do people want Peter to do, kill Tony Stark because something something death to capitalism?

The new Spider-man in the comics is a half-black, half-hispanic, bisexual boy, if they made a movie about him I guarantee some people will be offended.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

a bone to pick posted:

The new Spider-man in the comics is a half-black, half-hispanic, bisexual boy, if they made a movie about him I guarantee some people will be offended.

Also just not making more Spider-Man films for a while would also be different

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

achillesforever6 posted:

How would you make that film?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Go on

Honestly I don't have a problem with Spider-man movies because I haven't seen one since Spider-man 2 somehow.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

Go on

Honestly I don't have a problem with Spider-man movies because I haven't seen one since Spider-man 2 somehow.

:same:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

achillesforever6 posted:

Go on

It's from Spider-Man 3 where Spider-Man becomes evil and therefore supercool which you were asking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtx18tPNda4

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Sam Raimi's spiderman trilogy rocks. He should be offered an mcu film!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

Go on

Spider-Man 2 was good and I haven't seen any since, so Spider-Man remains cool

cams
Mar 28, 2003

a bone to pick posted:

haha this post was a spoiler to me because i am behind in comic books

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

vyelkin posted:

Spider-Man 2 was good and I haven't seen any since, so Spider-Man remains cool
Every superhero movie opening should be this to get the origin out of the way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSDU2tu7rpk

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

hollywood can make all the superhero movies they want, but as long as they're trying to establish a cinematic universe, none of them will ever be better than Spider-Man 2

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Spider-Man 2 is so excellent because of Alfred Molina. I always wish that dude was working much more.

Also amazing Spider-Man 2 was the best of that short lived take so it must be a thing with Spider-Man and 2!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

More people should watch Italian Spiderman, it's really entertaining.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Every superhero movie opening should be this to get the origin out of the way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSDU2tu7rpk

Incredible Hulk did that really well

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
"Don't mess with me kid. I'll kill you, and everyone you love."

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If Spider-Man can do whatever a spider can why doesn't he have a poison bite.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

RBA Starblade posted:

If Spider-Man can do whatever a spider can why doesn't he have a poison bite.

Spiders aren't poisonous

It would be a venomous bite.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Palpek posted:

It's from Spider-Man 3 where Spider-Man becomes evil and therefore supercool which you were asking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtx18tPNda4

Spider-man 3 is a lot of good scenes that don't connect to form a coherent film. It's really sad.

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Spider-man 3 is a lot of good scenes that don't connect to form a coherent film. It's really sad.

I remember leaving the cinema after see Spider-Man 3 all pumped and having had a good time.

I've been meaning to rewatch it for years to see if it holds up, I'm optimistic though because the dance scene owns.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

twerking on the railroad posted:

no JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson.

well this is just bullshit failurevision trash then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmesis
Jan 18, 2007

sup holmes
Megamarm

Mister Macys posted:

insurance rates must be hosed in nyc

• Locked thread