Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/american-soccer-english-football-culture?utm_source=vicefbuk&utm_campaign=global

well done :newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
*smiles and nods as crowd of cocksuckers repeat "FIGHT! AND WIN!"*

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

PirateBob posted:

*smiles and nods as crowd of cocksuckers repeat "FIGHT! AND WIN!"*
There's nothing that can possibly do that video justice aside from watching it and seeing just how ridiculous it is.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I lasted 5 seconds

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Lol i hadnt seen these funny little clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyqK62LYPgM
Commentators going ott for an overheadkick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPwLncJDDss
Some rowdy fans chanting "the referees a wanker" - before a match lmao

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Kurtofan posted:

I lasted 5 seconds

Try a desensitizing cream.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Heh, that article reminded me of the NYCFC guys "Against Modern Football". Good luck with that!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
who wouldn't orgasm from seeing Amauri?

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
It wasn't me OP. I have nothing against a good FIGHT! and WIN! chant (repeated 20 times with a fake english accent, your eyes open wide while nodding maniacally in a too tight shirt so people can see your soft tits) I stand with Robby

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yelling the refs a wanker before the game even starts :newlol:

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

quote:

For example, you could argue that at the height of its infamy, English hooliganism was fuelled by a poisonous cocktail of dying industry, regional resentment, mass unemployment, racial tension, a war on class loyalty, cruel government, corrupt policing and fading empire.
Wait a sec...

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Empress Brosephine posted:

Yelling the refs a wanker before the game even starts :newlol:

this is after the game (people are heading toward the exits), and the ref called a penalty to give dc the win

sorry to inform you that youtube comments aren't real

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Yo that loving Seattle Capo dude is a loving stain if I recall. They did an interview with him and he was all smug about what a capo does.

Also I have never seen anyone more skinny-fat in my life. Or want to punch in big google eyes.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a capo who wasn't a self-absorbed idiot

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

p thin on the facts but he gets the bigger point right which is that the seattle guy is the worst

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Nostradingus posted:

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a capo who wasn't a self-absorbed idiot

Imo call these guys self absorbed idiots and get ready to be warcrimed!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

lmao

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/03/05/life-capo-they-may-not-always-watch-game-they-always-affect-it

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Major League Soccer Soccer.com

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gross.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

from there i got here http://www.sonsofben.com/etiquette/

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v94biEp8OAM

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

quote:

Every other supporters groups wishes they could be us. Wear their jealousy like a badge of honor.

Gross.

quote:

We wave our Jolly Franklin flags and hang our tifo to make sure everyone knows who’s house they’re in.

Gross.

quote:

Cappo Stand Guidelines

Gross.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Have a great time before and during the match but don’t overdo it. If you can’t handle your alcohol, don’t have any. If you can’t express your anger at the referee, opposing players or opposing supporters without using violent, sexist, racist or homophobic speech and gestures, then don’t open your mouth. Better yet, don’t come to a match, away trip or watch party because that kind of hate isn’t welcome in The River End, at our watch parties, Sons of Ben events or on social media. Use it and you’ll be ejected and potentially banned.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

What is wrong with soccer in America that its full of all these weird pussies that can't handle the word pussy?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bogan Krkic posted:

What is wrong with soccer in America that its full of all these weird pussies that can't handle the word pussy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qNDon9_82U

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bogan Krkic posted:

Because it's all fake.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Bogan Krkic posted:

I couldn't imagine going to a game vs the victory and not spending the entire match calling Muscat a paedo

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I mean, to be fair, it was kind of awesome to have Sons of Ben show up at random games to cheer for the nonexistent Philly team

Complete with heckling Jersey with WE HAVE AS MANY CUPS AS YOU AND WE DON'T HAVE A TEAM. This is important.

Anyway people really overthink hopping into a section to have a good time with your friends.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Anyway people really overthink hopping into a section to have a good time with your friends.
ya the issue is that a solid 20-30% of americans don't do this and are more interested in the abstract concept of being a 'good fan' and are massive loving cunts. i don't think people would have half the issue with us if we didn't insist on being as organized and soul sucking as possible. The fight and win dude seems like an extreme example, but his psychology is obvious in so many of the people i meet who have never gotten past thinking "liking soccer is an opportunity for me to actually exercise some authority/have expertise in something"

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
A lot of is that Americans who are into the MLS suck.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
the MLS is really bad anyone that enjoys it is deluded

Bea Nanner fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 14, 2016

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

straight up brolic posted:

ya the issue is that a solid 20-30% of americans don't do this and are more interested in the abstract concept of being a 'good fan' and are massive loving cunts. i don't think people would have half the issue with us if we didn't insist on being as organized and soul sucking as possible. The fight and win dude seems like an extreme example, but his psychology is obvious in so many of the people i meet who have never gotten past thinking "liking soccer is an opportunity for me to actually exercise some authority/have expertise in something"

A key example of this is NYCFC having 'ultras' before having a playing squad

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
It's me, I'm the guy in the op lol

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

you missed the best part of that website, a fully sick playlist:

http://www.sonsofben.com/songs-and-tifo/

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Eau de MacGowan posted:

you missed the best part of that website, a fully sick playlist:

http://www.sonsofben.com/songs-and-tifo/

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
doopin'

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
this thread made me go doopin' mental

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
Sons of Ben - Stick Your Timber Chainsaw Up your rear end (Portland) (NSFW)

blatantly homophobic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
If you can’t express your anger at the referee, opposing players or opposing supporters without using violent, sexist, racist or homophobic speech and gestures, then don’t open your mouth. Better yet, don’t come to a match, away trip or watch party because that kind of hate isn’t welcome in The River End, at our watch parties, Sons of Ben events or on social media. Use it and you’ll be ejected and potentially banned.

• Locked thread