Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
And here's the recordings.

Mumen Riders vs. 2 Dope Boyz
Mumen Riders vs. Pretentious Perfect Pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

I'd post ours but there's too many obscenities.

Fruitsniffer
Feb 1, 2016

What a great day to be trash!
So, since IGgy hasn't posted it yet:

We beat Dad's Night Out.

First game: 2-0
Second game: 4-5
Third game: 7-2

Mumen Riders going strong, baby!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

We beat Dad's Night out 2-1

Second Game: 4-5
Third Game: 7-2

Recording of the game from my POV coming tomorrow!

E: drat, I left the the tab open for so long Fruity posted the results in the meantime.

E2: Mumen Riders vs. Dad's Night Out

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jan 8, 2017

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Good games! I feel like we were pretty closely matched, and with even pings the result might have been different.

It's always interesting to watch a game from the opponent's perspective.

Fruitsniffer
Feb 1, 2016

What a great day to be trash!
Before Jostlemania had started yet, IGgy and I decided to play a few more games of Rocket League to prepare for Jostlemania. The last session didn't really go that well, so that can only mean that it's now time for THE REDEMPTION ARC (aka the "Watch me climb to Rising Star" arc).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xsifc1ezsM

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

We beat Dad's Night out 2-1

Second Game: 4-5
Third Game: 7-2

Recording of the game from my POV coming tomorrow!

E: drat, I left the the tab open for so long Fruity posted the results in the meantime.

E2: Mumen Riders vs. Dad's Night Out

I thought we did so well up until your first score in game 1. I thought we were equally matched.

God drat was I wrong. At least we won game 2 though so the night wasn't a total loss (All props to the column).

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Got some more jostlin', again.

https://imgur.com/a/PZnY9

gropemotron
Feb 20, 2011

Another dimension, new galaxy
Excellent jostling has been done. There's a few teams in Dominus that haven't played any games. Are you guys good to play, or did circumstances happen or something? Just let people know when you are available and we'll try to get you some games.

In other news:

:siren:

After much deliberation, and a bit of laziness, I've come up with the way the playoffs are going to work. The top 3 teams from each bracket are going to advance into a double elimination bracket. Bo3 still, except for quarterfinals and finals, which are bo5 and bo7 respectively. Same rules regarding map selection. Losing team of the last game picks, no rocket labs unless both teams agree.

In this format in the finals, if the team that advanced from the losers wins, there'd be another bo7. That's a lot of games and I'd totally understand if we don't want to do that. It's more 'fair' to the team that advanced from the winners since they never dropped a series. When we get the 6 teams here we can decide whether to do that or not.

It would look like this. As you can see, top 2 seeds get a bye into the second round.

:siren:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
What's the tiebreaker

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Not being top seed means more games :getin:

E: Tiebreaker could be games lost as well as goals scored or goal differential.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 16, 2017

gropemotron
Feb 20, 2011

Another dimension, new galaxy
Right, tie breakers would be games lost > goal differential for first/second tiebreakers. Seems easy enough and fair.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Sorry dudes, turns out our schedule doesn't work as well as I thought it would. the gruesome twosome will be available tonight through Sunday say after 4-5pm. Let's catch up on some games!

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

zeldadude posted:

Sorry dudes, turns out our schedule doesn't work as well as I thought it would. the gruesome twosome will be available tonight through Sunday say after 4-5pm. Let's catch up on some games!

We should be on tonight!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Mumen Riders played their final round 1 game against Gruesome Twosome.
First game went 4-3
Second game went 8-1

A recording from my POV can be found here

Overall we won 4 out of 5 series.

There's one game I accidentally didn't record, but Fruity's got you covered, he'll get it done eventually.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Forever cursed to lose game one by a hair and then get blown out in game two. Dang :(

Good games. Also, I'm not sure if I really need to post this here since everyone is in discord but the gruesome twosome lost to wa27's team as well, 0-2.

0-4, not looking so hot for the twosome :(

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
i would like to correct a mistake you made at the beginning of the video. it's when I'm drunk you should be worried otherwise i'm pretty bad

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Paging Pathetico FC and Two Dope Boyz (and any other team I missed in dominus bracket)! When are you guys available?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Here's our games from last week against Pathetico FC from Fruitsniffer's POV because I messed up my own recording.

First game: 5-2
Second game: 7-1

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

zeldadude posted:

Paging Pathetico FC and Two Dope Boyz (and any other team I missed in dominus bracket)! When are you guys available?

I'd be free tonight after 9pm PST or Wednesday around 11pm or so. I'm heading out of town for a week so that'll be it until two weekends from now probably.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Chekans 3 16 posted:

I'd be free tonight after 9pm PST or Wednesday around 11pm or so. I'm heading out of town for a week so that'll be it until two weekends from now probably.

I go back to work tomorrow for the next 11 days and when I work I don't get home until around 3am central standard time. Zelda generally goes to sleep then, so our best bet is trying to squeeze something out tonight then when you are free. I mean, I don't personally mind if we have to wait another week or so, but I'd hate to hold up other parts of the tourney progressing.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I go back to work tomorrow for the next 11 days and when I work I don't get home until around 3am central standard time. Zelda generally goes to sleep then, so our best bet is trying to squeeze something out tonight then when you are free. I mean, I don't personally mind if we have to wait another week or so, but I'd hate to hold up other parts of the tourney progressing.

Nevermind, I got called in for OT :(

Chekans 3 16 fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 23, 2017

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

We(dope boyz) can play any evening this week really. Just need to try and schedule it a bit in advance.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Pretentious Perfect Pass has completed our games! 3/5 went to a third game but we managed to pull them all out in the end, somehow.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I'm not in this current Jostlemania season, but for the next time there is one, what's the rules on bringing a team with non-goons, since I have some friends I play with on a regular basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Even if the person running it were against it I'm sure no one would perform a background check to confirm goon status. If you know what I'm saying. Just make sure they don't put LLJK in their names. The only ones still doing that probably aren't that sane anymore.

• Locked thread