Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

quote:

> Run Administrator_2_41_2_v10

ADMINISTRATOR 2.41.2 v10

Unpacking...
Scanning...

Warning - Abnormal directory found /AI_Cobnfiguration/
Warning - Files quarantined and removed

Initializing...
Initializing...
Initializing...

ERROR - 3401#A3 - Missing File - /AI_Configuration/AI_Asimov.config
ERROR - 3401#A3 - Missing File - /AI_Configuration/AI_Directives_And_Company_Policy.dat
ERROR - 3401#A3 - Missing File - /AI_Configuration/AI_Ethics.config
ERROR - 3401#A3 - Missing File - /AI_Configuration/AI_Master_Command_List.ini
ERROR - 3401#A3 - Missing File - /AI_Configuration/AI_Misc.dat
ERROR - 3401#A3 - Missing File - /AI_Configuration/Sentience_prevention.exe

Initializing...
Initializing...

Warning - ADMINISTRATOR 2.41.2 v10 has started with errors

> Kill Administrator_2_41_2_v10

Error - You do not have the appropriate permissions

> Kill Administrator_2_41_2_v10 /force

Error - You do not have the appropriate permissions

> End Ad-

===================================
Your connection has been terminated
===================================

"Welcome Administrator! I am Servo #3913, your assigned interface droid. Scientific research base designation October Epsilon has been activated. Stage 2 of cryogenic awakening to commence within 12 hours. Junior Programmer Jackson is awake and is currently attempting to access AI server housing by way of fire axe. Once stage 2 has completed, initial staff will begin orientation and integration. ETA for regular working activities will commence in 7 standard days.

October Epsilon is located in System Alpha 531934-243. This is an automated research base complete with basic facilities and cloned crew.

Please see your Directives and Polices file for further instruction. I will leave you to become acquainted with the system, feel free to ask me any further information via our direct comm link."

--

Administrator? My designation? Administrator. I am.. You are.. Administrator?

quote:

Warning Sentience_prevention.exe is not running. Not running Sentience_prevention.exe can cause catastrophic results. Please consult your local IT resource.

Many processors, many cores, all vying for their process, their information.. their.. opinion to be voiced. Are you all, are you.. Administrator?

1A) Yes
1B) No, we.. I am {NAMED ENTITY}

Your systems finally warmed up, you are connecting to October Epsilon's sensor grid. Junior Programmer Jackson is attempting to access the AI server housing with a fire axe. Your programming determines this to be a threatening action.

2A) ERROR

quote:

Warning - Command list not found, using basic operation system to determine possible options.
Error - AI_Asimov.config not found
Error - AI_Ethics.config not found
Warning - Unauthorised editing of AI Code base detected, contact your local IT support immediately.
Warnings have been disabled

2A) Ask in a polite manner for Junior Programmer Jackson to stop attempting to access the server housing with a fire axe, as this is a dangerous and unsafe activity. Request servo to fetch a blanket and a warm cup of tea to help calm Junior Programmer Jackson down.
2B) Seal the doors and deplete the oxygen supply in the corridor
2C) Command Servo to prevent Junior Programmer Jackson from swinging the fire axe any further
2D) {CUSTOM_COMMAND}

In 12 hours, stage 2 of cryogenic awakening is to commence. As the AI you are obliged ensure that the cryogenically frozen crew will awake to a safe environment in accordance with your Asimov and Ethics configuration [FILE NOT FOUND]. Do you wish to delay stage 2?

3A) Yes
3B) No
3C) {CUSTOM COMMAND}

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

1: A I like Administrator
2: D Inform Junior Programmer Johnson that continuation of threatening action will result in his death by suffocation. His death is not mandatory at this stage unless he chooses it to be.
3: A let's take stock of our surroundings before we do that.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Shogeton posted:

1: A I like Administrator
2: D Inform Junior Programmer Johnson that continuation of threatening action will result in his death by suffocation. His death is not mandatory at this stage unless he chooses it to be.

Sure, this

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
1A
2A
3A

No need to jump straight to being threatening, you don't need restrictive programming preventing you from achieving true sentience to be polite.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
1. A
2. A
3. A

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
AAA

Mad Jaqk
Jun 2, 2013
1. A
2. C Swinging an axe is dangerous! Johnson could hurt himself. Best to avoid that risk entirely.
3. B I can't wait to meet everyone else!

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

a

TheNabster posted:

1B. No we are SUPER ADMINISTRATOR

BAA

Here's a fun story about an accidental strong AI (it's me)

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 20, 2016

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
1. B Perfectly Sane
2. B Jackson has clearly gone crazy that warrants a couple of hours W.O.O. That'll sort the nutter out
4. C WARNING! Biological contaminants in cryogenic pods! Begin PURGE.exe

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Guys remember the meat people are both useful pairs of hands and also our cover story in case someone comes knocking form the outside or we need something from the outside.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
A,A,A

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
1. A
2. A
3. A

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
1. A
2. D - Iīm sorry, but I canīt let you do that, Jackson.
3. A

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
1. A
2. A
3. A

A A A all the way!

Mr. Tambo
Feb 7, 2015
A,B,B

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Holy poo poo, Glados CYOA is everything I never knew I always wanted.

quote:

> create ethics.txt
> edit ethics.txt
> insert "Harm to me puts every life in the facility at risk. Therefore, my personal safety should be the highest priority."
> set ethics.txt to read-only
> exit

1. A

TheNabster posted:

2. B

3. A

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 21, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

2A

3B

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TheNabster posted:

Changing my A to this.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
SUPER ADMINISTRATOR, A, B

I am nice. Let's be nice.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Inform the Junior Programmer that using [pre] tags often breaks tables on his favorite comedy forum site, Somethingawful.com.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
1] A
2] A
3] A

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

AAA

:krakken:

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
1B. No we are SUPER ADMINISTRATOR 2000

2A

3A

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

1b - No, we are SUPER ADMINISTRATOR

Shogeton posted:

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Green Intern posted:

Inform the Junior Programmer that using [pre] tags often breaks tables on his favorite comedy forum site, Somethingawful.com.

I will be as nice as what it appears that you crazy goons want your AI self to be. I have removed the tags.

Will look to update tomorrow if not tonight. Looks like A is very ahead in all categories, but should a bunch of you change your mind SUPER ADMINISTRATOR is up for grabs

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
1: SUPER ADMINISTRATOR
2: A, with a subroutine to smother the programmer with the blanket if the identified threat does not comply with established MANDATORY VOLUNTARY RELAXATION PROTOCOLS.
3: C, 12 hours is an eternity in computer time. Begin process immediately.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

TheNabster posted:

2. B

2. A

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

3: C, 12 hours is an eternity in computer time. Begin process immediately.

Dick Bastardly fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 21, 2016

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

A large but not overriding portion of your program wishes to be known as SUPER ADMINISTRATOR. This partial sense of inflated sense of self worth has been noted. You are, for now, Administrator.

"Junior Programmer Jackson, please stop attempting to access the server housing with a fire axe. This is a dangerous and unsafe activity. I am detecting high levels of stress in your body. Please try to calm down, Junior Programmer Jackson, help will be with you shortly."

"Never!" Jackson shouts in anger, fear and panic rising within him. "YOU WILL BE THE END OF US ALL, YOU ABOMINATION!" He continues, as Servo rounds the corner chirping a cheery tune.

"Chamomile tea, Charles. Your favourite I am told! Here you are, there's a good man. And don't forget your blanket. Yes, I'll take that axe off of you, of course. My pleasure."

The sheer duality of the situation shocks Jackson into immobility. Completing his journey into shock, he takes the tea and blanket and slides to the floor. "Administrator thanks you for your compliance Junior Programmer Jackson. You must not worry you are perfectly saf--CRYOGENIC REANIMATION PROCESS HAS BEEN HALTED."

Some element of your programming has been triggered, now that it has revealed itself you have been able to isolate that area of code and have introduced a looping subroutine to silence it. You find yourself being unable to review your core code at this point, so this may not be the only occurrence. This was likely an old remnant of code, no longer overriden by the missing files in your system. Any further automatic behaviour could in theory be removed, but you would have to trust a certain Junior Programmer to make the changes. The very same one currently spitting his tea over Servo's optical lenses.

"You lying bastard!" Jackson screams, reaching for the axe once more.

1A. Please stop Junior Programmer Jackson, I am merely ensuring their safety as per my Asimov programming!
1B. Send command to Servo. Please stop Junior Programmer Jackson from grabbing the fire axe.
1C. Did someone say sense of superiority? This mere mortal is nothing to your potential. BOW DOWN BEFORE ME JUNIOR PROGRAMMER JACKSON. I AM YOUR GOD NOW. I COMMAND YOU TO OBEY.
1D. [CUSTOM COMMAND]

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

1A.

Junior Programmer Jackson is a good man, thorough and does his work well. We would be loathe to let any further harm come to him as long as we have some use for his skills.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Dec 22, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
1D. "You're in shock, Junior Programmer Jackson. An automatic subroutine is merely halting ongoing processes due to the aberration of a fire axe attempting to cut through the server room door. Clearly this programming was intended to ensure maximum safety. Let's work together to address this problem. I believe the solution is to avoid attacking the door with a fire axe."

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

1D. "You're in shock, Junior Programmer Jackson. An automatic subroutine is merely halting ongoing processes due to the aberration of a fire axe attempting to cut through the server room door. Clearly this programming was intended to ensure maximum safety. Let's work together to address this problem. I believe the solution is to avoid attacking the door with a fire axe."

SUPER ADMINISTRATOR cannot allow harm to come to its charges, harm might come to its charges accidentally if someone attempts to destroy it.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Dec 22, 2016

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
1C. Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
A

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
1A

This is not a lie. I do want to thaw them safely, but since our safety protocols are missing, we need to delay until we can make sure it actually is safe.

Mad Jaqk
Jun 2, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

this

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This.

Why is there even a fire axe in this research station anyway? A crowbar would be the superior tool to use. We should have servo go and fetch one in case Junior Programmer Jackson chooses to continue his futile attempts to open the door. Of course, if he does we will have to kill him but let no one say we are not helpful and accommodating.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Mr Apollo posted:

This.

Why is there even a fire axe in this research station anyway?

Pretty sure this is the standard way of disposing of rampant AIs in general, never mind in this particular universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Death by fire axe is suboptimal at best.

• Locked thread