Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
pre:
TURN 6.6

* Max (Arbitrator Louis Hoshi [9])
  * PMush Perfect (Chief of Staff Ellen Tigh [8, 1MC, OPG])
  * Stelas (Medic-Bot [6])
  * Max Peck (CAG Samuel T. Anders [8])
  * Nevets (Robo-Romo [6])
==> McSpanky (Admiral President William Adama [10, 6QC])

Fleet Status

Food       04/07      Regular Vipers   1 Active, 0 in Reserve, 4 Damaged, 0 Destroyed
Fuel       03/08      Viper Mark VIIs  1 Active, 0 in Reserve, 0 Damaged, 2 Destroyed
Morale     04/09      Assault Raptors  1 Active, 0 in Reserve, 1 Destroyed, 2 Not In Play
Population 06/10      Regular Raptors  2 in Reserve, 2 Destroyed

Destiny Deck Size 14
Distance 12/12 (Remote Planet, Lion's Head Nebula, Cylon Refinery, Tylium Planet)
DEFCON Level 10
Raiders Destroyed 8
Jump Prep Track [ ]-[ ]-[X]-[  Risk3]-[  Risk1]-[  Auto Jump]
Cylon Boarding [1]-[1]-[0]-[0]-[Humans Lose]
SCC Stack Sizes: [0 - Stelas] [0 - Nevets]

Civs Remaining (12)
2 Pop            x2
1 Pop            x6
1 Pop & 1 Morale x1
1 Pop & 1 Fuel   x1
Empty            x2

Civs Destroyed (0)
N/A

Galactica  (3/6 Damage)
FTL Control -- 
Weapons Control -- 
Command - DAMAGED! -- 
Communications -- Max (Hoshi), PMush Perfect (Ellen)
Admiral’s Quarters - DAMAGED! -- 
Research Lab -- 
Hangar Deck - DAMAGED! -- 
Armory -- 
Sickbay -- 
Brig -- 
Fuel Token
Food Token

Pegasus (0/3 Damage)
Pegasus CIC -- 
Airlock -- 
Main Batteries -- Max Peck (Sam)

Colonial One 
Quorum Chamber -- McSpanky (Adama)
Press Room -- 
President’s Office -- 
Administration -- 

Cylon Locations
Caprica -- Stelas (Medic-Bot)
Cylon Fleet -- Nevets (Robo-Romo)
Human Fleet --   
Resurrection Ship -- 

Off-Ship:
N/A

DRADIS

\      BRAVO   |   CHARLIE    /  
 \             |             /
  \            |            /
   \           |           /
    \          |          /
     \         |         /
      \        |        /
       \       |       / 
        \      |      / 
         \     |     / 
          \    |    / 
           \   |   /         
A           \  |  /           D
L            \ | /            E
P             \|/             L
H             /|\CivB         T
A            / | \            A
            /  |  \        
           /   |   \        
          /CivA|    \        
         /     |     \     
        /      |      \     
       /       |       \     
      /VMkVIIx1|        \ 
     /ARaptorx1|         \ 
    /          |          \ 
   /           |           \ 
  /            |            \
 /             |             \
/    FOXTROT   |   ECHO       \

Basestar Damage:
N/A

Special Rules:
Chief of Staff (Ellen): Before cards are added to a skill check, this player may
discard this card to make all Politics Cards count as positive strength.
Arbitrator (Hoshi): When a player activates the Admiral's Quarters location, this
player may discard this card to reduce or increase the difficulty by 3.
Action Queue:
==> McSpanky (The Alpha and the Omega Adama): Move/Action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Anyone got any fancy tricks up their sleeve for an XO? Otherwise it's off to the Armory I go.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
Eh, scouting the Crisis deck is probably more reliable, since we just need one more jump prep and then we can take Guy Normal and his friend to Kobol.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'm fresh outta scouts but if anyone else has one, speak up or forever pass me the ammo.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

I don't have a scout, but if no one else does either, I could probably get one :v:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Eh, good enough for me.

##play LEA-1 XO on Sam

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

##Action 1: Star player discarding these cards to draw 8 TAC:
Leadership-1 (Executive Order)
Leadership-4 (Declare Emergency)
Leadership-0 (Iron Will)
Leadership-4 (Declare Emergency)
Leadership-2 (Executive Order)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Holy poo poo, Star Player is kind of amazing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

BSG Edit: The new Star Player, obviously. :j:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

drat, I don't blame you for wanting to shuffle out of all that. And yeah, Sam seems pretty great all around.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hello, I am here.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sam performs some tactical player reassignments! One action left!

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

##Action 2: play Tactics-2 (Launch Scout) on the Crisis deck, playing Tactics-4 (Strategic Planning) on the roll

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The INFALLIBLE SCOUTING MISSION goes off to see what new trouble is coming your way! 1d8+2=2+2=4! Top Crisis sent!

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

##Bury

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
DEFCON drops to 9.

quote:

CRISIS: Food Shortage

President Chooses:
-2 Food
OR
-1 Food and the President discards 2 Skill Cards, then the current player discards 3 Skill Cards

POST CRISIS: Activate Raiders, +1 Jump Prep

Action Queue:
==> McSpanky (Maximus Adama): Crisis Choice

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thank God for Launch Scout, or this could have gotten really ugly. Three no-jump crises in a row would put us in a hell of a tight spot.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Eh, it didn't matter so much in this case as it turns out (since this crisis would have come up on Max's turn if it didn't happen here), but it does feel nice-ish to suddenly have a pocket full of scouts in this situation.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I guess, Or?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The President's literally sleep at the wheel, someone should take power and get things d...oh.

##discard TAC-2 Guts and Initiative, TAC-0 Quick Thinking, LEA-3 Declare Emergency, LEA-0 Iron Will, LEA-3 Declare Emergency

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The fleet loses 1 Food! (New Total: 3)

Raiders Activate! No effect!

The fleet gains 1 Jump Prep! RISK 3 SPACE REACHED!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
And on Turn 7.1, by preload, Hoshi moves to FTL Control and open-palm slams the button while singing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZaz7OqyTHQ

Sam plays TAC-5 (Strategic Planning)! 1d8+2=7+2-8! SAFE!

:siren: THE FLEET MAKES ITS FINAL JUMP TO KOBOL, AND HUMANITY WINS THE GAME! :siren:

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Thanks, DeckHuman.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Woo.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Boy am I glad I didn't pull Cylon after using my opg

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Also:

Podima posted:

Civs Destroyed (0)

Second-worst pilot in the game, my rear end :v:

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Man.

So.

My Cylon card was 'Place a Centurion'. I was the only person who drew 2 ENG. I had a way to dump the hand of the other guy who drew ENG. All in all, that suggested to me that I should bide my time, collect high value cards, and wait for the Armory to get hit. I drew Change of Plans, I had a bunch of other useful cards for loving with people.

I don't think I jumped the gun too badly. I was really hoping that the double galactica hit just before I revealed would hit rooms rather than tokens, because dumping Repair ability would really put the pressure on, but Food+Fuel was a great outcome too. You were close to jump but it was looking like jump was going to tank DEFCON into the floor, and I had a bunch of useful cards for doing stuff from the Brig I could use to harry you.

And then against my expectation you guys went for the airlock instead! And then threw out a pre-sleeper OPG on it! And then everyone got to draw a TRE thanks to a reckless check just prior to the airlock! And then I noticed Change of Plans got houseruled so it wouldn't work on airlocks! And then you guys double-tapped and crit hit the next couple basestars that hit the board so I couldn't even Cylon Fleet! aaaaaaagh

Anyway, good game. Like I said when I activated it, Doc's modified OPG is interesting but as a player in general it kinda sucks to leave someone without any ability to do anything, even for a few turns straight.

e: Also I'm still not very good at intelligently hitting checks while under cover. This isn't helped by the characters I usually select, since ENG tends to be a red flag.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 23, 2017

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, we got sort of lucky in that we were able to airlock both Cylons, had REALLY lucky rolls, and found that extra fuel.

Edit: the second time I moved Civ's around (when I knew how Raiders worked) everyone focused on the Decoy ship, so I guess that gambit worked.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, I feel like I didn't really do much to contribute to this win, and that it really rests on the shoulders of Godking Adama and Sam. But fun game all!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Woohoo, I didn't fail spectacularly! I'm glad that Lion's Head Nebula choice worked out, even if it was maybe not the smartest move (the other option was Ice Planet which was safer but also would've delayed Sleeper, I wanted to out those Cylons ASAP).

Max posted:

Also, I feel like I didn't really do much to contribute to this win, and that it really rests on the shoulders of Godking Adama and Sam. But fun game all!

Considering I had to check my hand file, the OP, the latest turn post and at least two rulebooks nearly every time I posted an action, that's really saying something. I'm not sure what, but it's definitely something.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You stole my button push! :argh:

gently caress you, posting it anyways!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-aWMAvw6NQ

Max
Nov 30, 2002

PMush Perfect posted:

You stole my button push! :argh:

gently caress you, posting it anyways!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-aWMAvw6NQ

Yeah, I realized I could just do a pre-load and end the game.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Stelas posted:

And then against my expectation you guys went for the airlock instead!

I think that was your only real mistake; a game with Ellen is naturally going to be a little airlock-happy.

Stelas posted:

e: Also I'm still not very good at intelligently hitting checks while under cover. This isn't helped by the characters I usually select, since ENG tends to be a red flag.

This does remind me--I did notice when you played "2 high" into a check but the two highest cards in it were a 3 and a 2. But then I derped and XOed you anyway :downs:

McSpanky posted:

Woohoo, I didn't fail spectacularly! I'm glad that Lion's Head Nebula choice worked out, even if it was maybe not the smartest move (the other option was Ice Planet which was safer but also would've delayed Sleeper, I wanted to out those Cylons ASAP).

Oof, yeah, was going to ask about that. I don't know what I'd pick there. By the way.... if I seemed a little short with you after you G&Ied the Hangar Accident check... this was my original play 1:

quote:

Max Peck wrote on Jan 9, 2017 11:39 PM:
Play into the check:
Piloting-0 (Dogfight)

I would have played Protect the Fleet instead, but I re-read it and realized I can't use it to launch the last viper and save it from the fail. So instead I'll damage it before the crisis can, out of spite! And paranoia.

If only one other skill check ability is resolving, it's from a TRE card, it doesn't involve drawing TRE (so, not Special Destiny, not Personal Vices), and at least one of the following is also true:
* The total strength of the check is currently 6 or lower, and shooting down the TRE card would raise it to at least 8
* The total strength of the check is currently 6 or lower, and shooting down the largest negative card would not raise it to at least 8
(Iron Will and All Hands on Deck scenarios are being ignored, because if it's in the check the first conditions already failed)
... then resolve Dogfight first and shoot down the TRE.

If Special Destiny is in the check, choose Max to have a special destiny. If it's the only ability in the check besides Dogfight, resolve Special Destiny first, then follow the "no skill check abilities besides Dogfight" preload below.

If no skill check abilities besides Dogfight are in the check and the strength of the check is currently 7 or lower, shoot down the largest negative card. (Zero is not negative, but there should not be any strength 0 cards besides Dogfight itself in the check if you're following this preload.) If there are no negative cards or the strength of the check is 8 or higher, pass on Dogfight.

In all other cases (non-TRE abilities, more than 2 abilities, Personal Vices, shooting down TRE would not pass the check but shooting down a different card would), wait for me to decide how to resolve abilities.

If necessary, play Leadership-3 (Declare Emergency).

On the plus side, that means I have an example of an overcomplicated preload now :v:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Max Peck posted:

Oof, yeah, was going to ask about that. I don't know what I'd pick there. By the way.... if I seemed a little short with you after you G&Ied the Hangar Accident check... this was my original play 1:

On the plus side, that means I have an example of an overcomplicated preload now :v:

Haha wow, that preload almost reads like an AI script. But yeah, looking back on it, not only was that Guts and Initiative a bad idea but I'm not sure how useful Reckless is generally. It seems like a big risk when most of the Reckless cards aren't that great AND you can kinda screw over your teammates with them, as seen here.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Max Peck posted:

I think that was your only real mistake; a game with Ellen is naturally going to be a little airlock-happy.

Well, the thing is that at the time I don't believe you guys even had that much in the way of TRE - or at least I could have spiked the gently caress out of what you did have, you were all being pretty diligent about getting rid of the bad ones. But then, suddenly everyone got TRE from that one crisis.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

McSpanky posted:

Haha wow, that preload almost reads like an AI script. But yeah, looking back on it, not only was that Guts and Initiative a bad idea but I'm not sure how useful Reckless is generally. It seems like a big risk when most of the Reckless cards aren't that great AND you can kinda screw over your teammates with them, as seen here.

G&I works better for trying to pass a check when you think destiny is against you--it's not really useful for just avoiding TRE because it leaves the cards in Destiny to come up on the next check. Some of the reckless cards are great, but I'd say they're all situational.

Stelas posted:

Well, the thing is that at the time I don't believe you guys even had that much in the way of TRE - or at least I could have spiked the gently caress out of what you did have, you were all being pretty diligent about getting rid of the bad ones. But then, suddenly everyone got TRE from that one crisis.

Right. I think you were right to think we couldn't pass an airlock check (we got lucky), but wrong to think we wouldn't try. And, well, poo poo happens.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Max Peck posted:

Right. I think you were right to think we couldn't pass an airlock check (we got lucky), but wrong to think we wouldn't try. And, well, poo poo happens.

Actually we got pretty unlucky with that one, I preloaded to play my entire hand of positive cards until we hit a pre-destiny total of 18. I ended up with a single POL-1 card left over & a preloaded Declare Emergency. Destiny shanked us pretty hard on that one, but it would have taken 9 points of bad destiny to fail the check, which would have been incredibly bad luck.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thanks for running, Podima!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

PMush Perfect posted:

Thanks for running, Podima!

Totally! Game was fast and funny, and you're running two at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Thanks, Pods!

• Locked thread