Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Fuckin' A, I'm stuck on the Dante's Inferno bit. What am I supposed to be doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

thefncrow posted:

Did you ever play any of the Carmen Sandiego games? Because this is that.

Each location has 2 people to talk to, who will either give you clues to a person's identity, which you can fill in on the suspect profile, or a clue to the location where they went next.

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego came with an almanac and the vague clue from the game would be info you could use in the almanac to find out the next location. Since this is the same thing for Dante's Inferno, they've provided you with a full copy of Inferno by Dante so you can find the references. Or, quicker, you can just use google.
Ah, I haven't played those, but I kinda figured out the gist of it, thanks! I tried to go through them in order. :downs:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

totally stuck at the bit with the alarm clock. i know how to reset it, and i turned all my keys orange in the paint.. and then i am totally lost.
Did you ever figure this part out? This is where I'm stuck, too.

Not sure if it means anything, but I found two different orange paint cans. Huh.

There's also a letter or something in that black and white room that I can't do anything with. It says it's locked or something like that.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 28, 2016

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Alvie posted:

I'm stuck here. Have everything else I think. Where can I make this happen?
There are two screens where you can paint yourself orange: one is in the gift shoppe employees' area and the other is a lone room off somewhere to the left. There are two orange doors in the room with the frog; I think that's also where you'll pick up the time machine.

I've got the time machine and now I'm just trying to figure out how to get that last letter. I went ahead and talked to the frog anyway, and I think I have some of it figured out. We'll see.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

e: ^^^ what he said

Trick Question posted:

Hmm, I must've missed a letter somewhere, since I have no idea how you'd say "cat". Are there more than 16? I never did reach the teleporter in the enclosed room in the nethack/DROD section.
There are 18 letters; "cat" is the diamond one. The frog and the cat are in love, and you have to help him sort out... whatever their issue is, presumably with a ring or something.

e2: what the gently caress just happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I think it auto-saves. When you look at the Load menu, you should see an entry with a question mark at the end; that's your Frog Fractions save.

• Locked thread