Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

JSmithOTI posted:

Made chili dogs. Maybe too much chili dogs? There can't be such a thing.

The correct number of chili dogs is X+1, where X = the number of chili dogs you presently have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
BBQ with some old colleagues last night, have some hastily shot steak before and after shots. Not pictured are other steaks, lamb chops, sides etc. Plus clams, prawns, and squid prepped by a Vietnamese colleague. It was all super fuckin' delicious.

Our Dutch-HKer host swore she'd never grilled a steak before, which I find vaguely plausible having known her for a decade, but she did a fantastic job with all of it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Made the woksoflife 1-2-3-4-5-ribs

Highly recommend. I did them for a ott longer though, ended up maybe an hour and 20 mins or so. Also added small handful of rinsed fermented black beans (i recommend doing this) and did the suggestion to swap the vinegar and sugar ratios

Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here
Tomahawk, got to use my handy dandy new wifi/bluetooth themometer...it took all the fun out of the guesswork. Not only did it let me know when the steak was done, but it also let me know I was due for an oil change, the dry cycle was over and what my horoscope was for tomorow.

The Doctor
Jul 8, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot:
Fallen Rib

NLJP posted:

Made the woksoflife 1-2-3-4-5-ribs

Highly recommend. I did them for a ott longer though, ended up maybe an hour and 20 mins or so. Also added small handful of rinsed fermented black beans (i recommend doing this) and did the suggestion to swap the vinegar and sugar ratios

Good lord this looks good.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Nhilist posted:

Tomahawk, got to use my handy dandy new wifi/bluetooth themometer...it took all the fun out of the guesswork. Not only did it let me know when the steak was done, but it also let me know I was due for an oil change, the dry cycle was over and what my horoscope was for tomorow.

That looks great! Details on the BT/wifi thermometer? I love the idea.

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009

I made vegan Cajun red beans and rice (but added sausages I smoked earlier in the day to my portion).

It was the first time trying it out so I have no idea what the authentic dish tastes like, but my partner and I were very happy with what I produced. I think next time I might try adding a splash of cider vinegar just before serving to try to make up for the lack of pickled meat.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Fall Dog posted:

I made vegan Cajun red beans and rice (but added sausages I smoked earlier in the day to my portion).

It was the first time trying it out so I have no idea what the authentic dish tastes like, but my partner and I were very happy with what I produced. I think next time I might try adding a splash of cider vinegar just before serving to try to make up for the lack of pickled meat.

Sounds great, did you use a recipe?

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009

Bollock Monkey posted:

Sounds great, did you use a recipe?

I followed this recipe for the most part, though substituted the dry beans for three cans of red kidney beans. I also used half the required liquid because I wasn't going to be simmering as long.

I've just seen the Cajun/Creole thread, which has a few versions of this recipe.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That looks amazing, and I love the plate/bowl as well.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

We stopped to get ice cream for dessert.

Somehow we ended up with this for dinner:

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Fall Dog posted:

I followed this recipe for the most part, though substituted the dry beans for three cans of red kidney beans. I also used half the required liquid because I wasn't going to be simmering as long.

I've just seen the Cajun/Creole thread, which has a few versions of this recipe.

Thank you! This is definitely going on the regular rotation. Really yummy.

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001
Didn't get a photo of this when it was dinner, but today's lunch is leftover shiitake al pastor tacos with homemade pickled red onion and instant pot spanish rice.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

5TonsOfFlax posted:

Didn't get a photo of this when it was dinner, but today's lunch is leftover shiitake al pastor tacos with homemade pickled red onion and instant pot spanish rice.

Those look absolutely delicious. But drat it’s hard to make a good photo of a pre folded taco because so much of it is the tortilla. Like you need to have majority tortilla for it to fold and be eaten properly but drat it doesn’t lend itself to photos.

Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here

The Midniter posted:

That looks great! Details on the BT/wifi thermometer? I love the idea.

Hey thanks! The wifi / BT thermometer is the ChefIQ Smart Thermometer. After some further use, it really is clever, it even handles stalls and unusual variables that come along with longer cook times too.

Nhilist fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 26, 2023

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

realized i have covid instead of a cold because i couldn't smell this pad prik king while i was cooking

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Yesterday I smoked some short ribs for dinner.

Today I made chili with the leftovers.

Tomorrow I make more chili dogs!

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009
lasagna alla bolognese in reverse chronological order

e - not pictured i also added some parmesan and mozzarella in the layers

ogarza fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 28, 2023

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

JSmithOTI posted:

Yesterday I smoked some short ribs for dinner.

that's a good idea with the onions there

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I've just found this thread and I love boring people with pictures of things I've made.

Here are some dinners I made from the Ottolenghi book Plenty.

Burnt Aubergine and Herb soup. This is a great recipe, burning the Aubergines takes ages but after that it comes together really quickly.

Asparagus salad with Tamarind, Pistachio and mint, this is essentially quick pickled thinly sliced Asparagus. You have to love asparagus for this but I do so it's great.

We had that with

Chaat Masala potatoes with Yoghurt and Tamirind. I've made this a few time and it's absolutely amazing as a side or a big plate to pick at.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Oct 29, 2023

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Ottolenghi always impresses :)

This isn't Ottolenghi but it's his style
Harissa-roasted eggplant

With lemon yogurt, harissa cherry sauce, and fried capers

Plum cake - before baking

After

Tomato cheddar galette

Glazed tofu stir fry

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

BrianBoitano posted:

Glazed tofu stir fry

Nice, that aubergine and green beans with it? What's the glaze if you don't mind me asking?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Drain tofu. Meanwhile stir fry and remove vegetables. Dredge tofu in cornstarch. Fry in wok, remove. Into the wok goes garlic and ginger, then 20 seconds later 1 Tbsp rice vinegar and 3 Tbsp black vinegar*, 3 Tbsp soy sauce and 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar*. Once thickened, return tofu first, then the rest of vegetables.

If no black vinegar, sub with more rice vinegar and a touch more sugar.

E: Oops, should give credit to Deb Perelman

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 29, 2023

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

Tonight for dinner my wife and I tag teamed a New York strip steak with caramelized onions, baked potatoes and steamed broccoli. I paired a bottle of my own homemade dry wineberry wine with my wife's expertly cooked steak.

And on Friday we did Russian style kebabs which I paired with my own dry black raspberry wine.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Made those chili dogs!

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Yeah boy

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Ugali with kuku wa kupaka and sukuma wiki. First time trying to make kenyan stuff, turned out pretty good. It's basically a coconut chicken curry, collard greens and a very thick polenta you can use to scoop.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Some sichuan water boiled beef

The Doctor
Jul 8, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot:
Fallen Rib

The French Army posted:

Tonight for dinner my wife and I tag teamed a New York strip steak with caramelized onions, baked potatoes and steamed broccoli. I paired a bottle of my own homemade dry wineberry wine with my wife's expertly cooked steak.

This is the correct amount of broccoli.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Lamb daube, aligot

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.madewithlau.com/recipes/pan-fried-chicken-breast

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
I bought a Poussin, a lovely delicate French ingredient.

So I deboned it and made a whole chicken fried chicken sando, mozz, red onion, fresh basil and pickles.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Holy poo poo I would order three

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Raikiri posted:

So I deboned it and made a whole chicken fried chicken sando, mozz, red onion, fresh basil and pickles.

A+ chicken cheese sandwich. Love the breading on that.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Raikiri posted:

YES :five:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Kept it simple with a classic meatloaf tonight. Never made it before, but it was super easy and I’d make it again.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Raikiri posted:

:vince:

111023_5
Nov 11, 2023
The dinner thread: it's 8:30pm and everything is closed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

111023_5 posted:

The dinner thread: it's 8:30pm and everything is closed

This was the strangest loving thing when I went to Atlanta with a bunch of Portuguese folk. We were in a bar and it's maybe 9pm so we decided t roll out and get some dinner. Wait everything is closed? We had to go to Wendy's.