Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Has anyone ever cooked rice with something other than water? I was wondering what it would taste like cooked with gatorade so I googled it, but I can't find any accounts of someone trying it. Despite everything being on the internet, I don't think anyone has ever cooked rice with gatorade or vodka. I've seen recipes that call for orange juice and for coke, but no recipes and no personal accounts of gatorade or vodka rice. Has anyone on these forums tried it before? Do you have any experience with vodka rice, would this actually make a stir fry that I can take to work and eat at lunch that would get me hosed up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Make the Gatorade rice and eat it

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I think you should give it a try and report back. You could be the Edmund Hillary of Vodka Rice.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
use your urine op

yellow rice

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I feel like vodka rice would not work, because the natural boiling point is much lower than water, and it might act very differently wrt to how rice denatures when being cooked.

Good luck though!

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Throw a whole tomato in there with the rice and water and make a YouTube about it and s my d

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
use your cum op

sticky rice

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

You should just drink the vodka op, rice is full of carbs and bad for you

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Cook it in oil and speak Italian while you do it, like a homosexual

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

jBrereton posted:

I feel like vodka rice would not work, because the natural boiling point is much lower than water, and it might act very differently wrt to how rice denatures when being cooked.

Good luck though!

That and the whole most likely catching on fire trying to bring it to a boil.

Don't forget to live stream it.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

So for real, all trolling aside ("cook rice with cum!" "Use your own pee!") not a single person here has personally, or has heard of someone using vodka to cook rice? Not even in college or as a dare?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
looking forward to that gatorade risotto

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i use chicken broth instead of water

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

935 posted:

Has anyone ever cooked rice with something other than water? I was wondering what it would taste like cooked with gatorade so I googled it, but I can't find any accounts of someone trying it. Despite everything being on the internet, I don't think anyone has ever cooked rice with gatorade or vodka. I've seen recipes that call for orange juice and for coke, but no recipes and no personal accounts of gatorade or vodka rice. Has anyone on these forums tried it before? Do you have any experience with vodka rice, would this actually make a stir fry that I can take to work and eat at lunch that would get me hosed up?

ya

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I use vodka to cook a lot - it's really useful for making a good spice paste for chili or curry, because everything dissolves quickly and evenly so your spices soak in immediately. I don't think it would work well for rice though.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
if you are really interested in eating rice that will get you hosed up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiuniang

this is really easy to make and is exactly that, rice that will get you hosed up, and tastes way better than whatever vodka poo poo you're talking about making

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

jBrereton posted:

Good luck though!

You just need to use a pressure cooker, the same as in the Himalayas, where the reduced atmospheric pressure reduces the boiling point of water. You'll loose significantly less alcohol to evaporation this way too.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

EbolaIvory posted:

That and the whole most likely catching on fire trying to bring it to a boil.

Don't forget to live stream it.
With one of those lovely clear flames 👌 👌 💯💯 👌 👌

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

935 posted:

So for real, all trolling aside ("cook rice with cum!" "Use your own pee!") not a single person here has personally, or has heard of someone using vodka to cook rice? Not even in college or as a dare?

Wouldn't all the alcohol evaporate and you'll just get regular rice?

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

935 posted:

I just offered you the best suggestion you are going to get in this entire thread jiuniang tastes really good and will get you drunk

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

935 posted:

I've seen recipes that call for ... coke

I have never heard of such a thing, but after reading this, I googled it and it is a real thing. I think I'm about 90% grossed out and 10% intrigued.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Invisible Handjob posted:

I just offered you the best suggestion you are going to get in this entire thread jiuniang tastes really good and will get you drunk

http://carolynjphillips.blogspot.com/2011/05/homemade-fermented-rice.html

this woman makes it sound way too complicated though. just cook the rice in a rice cooker, let it cool down, and mix up the yeast ball into it with clean hands / clean utensil so you don't contaminate it. let it sit and you're done

you don't need to steam it or whatever she's talking about

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Invisible Handjob posted:

if you are really interested in eating rice that will get you hosed up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiuniang

this is really easy to make and is exactly that, rice that will get you hosed up, and tastes way better than whatever vodka poo poo you're talking about making
mmmmmm eating the digusting slop used to produce alcohol instead of distilling it
its like cutting out the retarded middleman that is fruits and vegetables and eating the good stuff for yourself -dirt

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
film the vodka rice op it sounds like an interesting experiment I have no interest in trying myself.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Vaginal Vagrant posted:

You just need to use a pressure cooker, the same as in the Himalayas, where the reduced atmospheric pressure reduces the boiling point of water. You'll loose significantly less alcohol to evaporation this way too.

Some research shows that water boils at 212 degrees, ethanol boils at 173 degrees, so more of the ethanol will be turned into steam. But surely some of it will be soaked enough into the grain to get you pretty well and drunk. So lets say 1 cup of dry rice turns into 2 cups of cooked fluffy rice, that means half of the volume of your final product will be vodka (admittedly lower proof than you started because the ethanol burned off quicker than the water component). That's still 8 shots of (lower proof) vodka, equivalent to 5 or 6 shots of full proof vodka.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
For sure there will be alcohol content there but whether the rice itself is in any way edible or like normal rice is a whole other question.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

gary oldmans diary posted:

mmmmmm eating the digusting slop used to produce alcohol instead of distilling it
its like cutting out the retarded middleman that is fruits and vegetables and eating the good stuff for yourself -dirt

yeah it's not like you are eating the leftovers from mashing though, it tastes good and way better than cooking your rice with vodka which is the most disgusting thing i can think of

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

i use chicken broth instead of water

Same it's good

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

935 posted:

Some research shows that water boils at 212 degrees, ethanol boils at 173 degrees
i want to see this supposed research. and no liberal media sources

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Use milk to get rice pudding.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Beer rice is pretty good, just dont use something that will taste weird like an IPA

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
use dried bread instead of rice and make bread pudding

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How about a chocolate milk rissoto! :chef:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

935 posted:

I once got a bunch of drumsticks and chicken breasts, put them in a crock pot, and poured nothing but like 8 beers in there and cooked on low for 8 hours.

I still dry heave to this day just thinking about what it tasted like. My new home smelled like a frat house for a week.

I guess I thought I was going to make beer-infused chicken or something lol

My wife never let me cook again.

Hope this somewhat answers your question.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I cook it in tea

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I've got gatorade and a rice cooker, i'll do it. Posting pics soon.

I frequently will use chicken broth instead of water, as an aside.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
What flavor Gatorade? Hopefully, blue.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
colloidal silver

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Diarrhea

E: dirty rice lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Chicken broth, beef broth, fish broth, vinegar??

• Locked thread