Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Long Island is a strip mall with a two lane highway (4 lane once you get to Suffolk County) built on a slowly eroding sandbar that can't slip into the waves soon enough. Thankfully the rich assholes on the east side will be the first to fall into the ocean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
unless brooklyn counts ive never been, only seen it from aware like in the great gatsby

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
what's the deal with The Hamptons? like whats all the fuss about - what do ppl do there for fun?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Mariana Horchata posted:

unless brooklyn counts ive never been, only seen it from aware like in the great gatsby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCuTYVulOzY

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Mariana Horchata posted:

what's the deal with The Hamptons? like whats all the fuss about - what do ppl do there for fun?

Pray that poor people don't invade their enclave by building bridges too low to allow bus traffic.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I went to fire island once and got blackout drunk.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i go to long island yearly for holidays, OP. i'm a coastal elite, all coastal elites do this

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I spent 8 years at Stony Brook University for school and work. When I left they still hadn't finished the construction on the hospital they started two years before I got there. The pizza was ok though!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Mariana Horchata posted:

You can go to the beach then you go to a party at some beach house and get stinking drunk but in a more sophisticated way than usual. Then the next morning you get brunch, which is this rich people thing where it's classy instead of shameful to get drunk during breakfast. Then the next day you wrap it up by spending six hours in traffic. Good times.

Aurubin posted:

I spent 8 years at Stony Brook University for school and work. When I left they still hadn't finished the construction on the hospital they started two years before I got there. The pizza was ok though!

The pizza is good, but that was a much bigger deal thirty years ago when flyover state pizza was absolutely dire. Now there's been enough of a pizza diaspora that you can usually get a halfway decent slice wherever you live.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

every stereotype you hear about people New Jersey is far more applicable to people from Long Island. rob riggle had a good standup bit about assholes from there

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/7dib10/comedy-central-presents-riffraff-airlines

Mariana Horchata posted:

ask any NY Islanders fan if they think that brooklyn is part of long island and they'll laugh at you, then cry because they can't get to their games as easily as they used to

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

every stereotype you hear about people New Jersey is far more applicable to people from Long Island. rob riggle had a good standup bit about assholes from there

ask any NY Islanders fan if they think that brooklyn is part of long island and they'll laugh at you, then cry because they can't get to their games as easily as they used to

Lol I had so much fun reading the Newsday comment section when they announced the move. So many white people bitching that they'd have to walk through "the ghetto" to get to the stadium. "The ghetto" in this case being a neighborhood where a one bedroom apartment runs into seven figures.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the LIRR runs through East New York which is a bad neighborhood, but if you're taking the train to the game then you don't have to get off there. gotta love LI white people

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Apart from the Hamptons, LI blows.

The LIE is the worst parking lot in the history of roadways, and the people are trash; Deer Park, Commack...you know who you are.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

long island: at least it's not connecticut

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

I went to fire island once and got blackout drunk.
fire island's pretty bitchin. people should go there before it's completely underwater in 30 years

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Zyla posted:

long island: at least it's not connecticut

I'm glad to be back in CT compared to STRONG Island, so I think this is an unfair assessment.

That said I want to move out of Connecticut as well so back-handed compliments and all that.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

thank god the south shore will be the first to go

and go deep into suffolk and you'll understand why they went trump

i know i have a hockey av but of course they love the islanders in the whitest sport

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mariana Horchata posted:

Barry's, brunch, beach, repeat.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

The few parts of Long Island not covered by sprawl or strip malls are of course infested with ticks. The 495 is lined by dozens of grubby pothole-ridden municipalities with stupid names. The Long Island Railroad is unreliable and fills up with dumb drunks every hockey night.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Nocturtle posted:

The Long Island Railroad is unreliable and fills up with dumb drunks every hockey night.
also every friday and saturday night regardless of whether hockey is being played

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

get that OUT of my face posted:

the nassau coliseum always had the best organ jams in NHL '94...ill give them that :rip:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Nocturtle posted:

The few parts of Long Island not covered by sprawl or strip malls are of course infested with ticks. The 495 is lined by dozens of grubby pothole-ridden municipalities with stupid names. The Long Island Railroad is unreliable and fills up with dumb drunks every hockey night.

heh at least it serves booze (or at least used to idk whats going on now) and is directly connected to other rail sevices unlike the MBTA

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Mariana Horchata posted:

heh at least it serves booze (or at least used to idk whats going on now) and is directly connected to other rail sevices unlike the MBTA

The allowing booze bit is wonderful, but unfortunately that booze is being consumed by Long Islanders.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Everyone but me sucks on this island.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

gf was raised on Long Island, doesn't have the accent :coal:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i like jon gabrus

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

gf was raised on Long Island, doesn't have the accent :coal:
but does she brag about getting a double-down beer

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

no, she pretends like she's never even heard of Long Island

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

no, she pretends like she's never even heard of Long Island
she's a keeper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Remember how a bunch of teens literally killed a latino man for fun in Patchogue?

edit: literally

• Locked thread