Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Jailed former House Speaker Dennis Hastert says a man who accused him of sexual abuse should return $1.7 million in hush money because he broke his silence by talking to the feds.

The demand was made in Hastert's response to a lawsuit filed by the accuser, known only as Individual A, who is trying to recoup the rest of the money the politician promised him.

"To the extent any contract existed between plaintiff [Individual A] and defendant [Hastert], plaintiff breached that contract," Hastert's lawyers wrote.

"Plaintiff's breach of conduct resulted in damages to defendant and plaintiff is accordingly required to return $1.7 million to defendant."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dennis-hastert-wants-sex-abuse-accuser-return-hush-money-n709116

Hastert, 75, is serving 15 months in federal prison for bank fraud. After his sexual abuse victim came forward decades ago, he paid the victim $1.7 million in hush money. He filed the countersuit Jan. 18, asking an Illinois judge to order the victim to repay the money in full. Federal investigators only discovered the case after they found he was illegally structuring bank withdrawals.

The victim, referred to as “Individual A”, was a 14-year-old student at Illinois’ Yorkville High School when the abuse occurred. Hastert was a teacher and wrestling coach at the school. Allegedly, the abuse occurred on a wrestling trip and Hastert was a close friend of the victim’s parents.

http://www.rushhourdaily.com/former-house-speaker-sues-sex-abuse-victim-get-back-hush-money/

So should he get back the money he gave to a victim, or just shut up about it, and die anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
can I sue to get a few seconds of my life back after skimming the op

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

let it mellow posted:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

This is an interesting/hilarious/disgusting article and I appreciate the OP for posting it but like....not really much to discuss, is there?

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.

let it mellow posted:

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I don't think I would ever trust a coach ever they seem to be very sus

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
it is funny that this guy diddled hella kids and doesn't even get 2 years

god bless america

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Dennis Hastert (D)

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Gobblecoque posted:

it is funny that this guy diddled hella kids and doesn't even get 2 years

god bless america

They should put his rear end in a cheap pine box and throw it down a canyon somewhere.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Rough Lobster posted:

They should put his rear end in a cheap pine box and throw it down a canyon somewhere.

and then burn the box, just in case

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Stink Billyums posted:

Dennis Hastert (D)

uh, no?

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

let it mellow posted:

You cant sue for something that doesnt have any value, man.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stink Billyums posted:

Dennis Hastert (D)

fuckin wacky democrats at it again

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

quote:

Dennis Haysbert (24)

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

let it mellow posted:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

let it mellow posted:

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Lime Tonics posted:

"To the extent any contract existed between plaintiff [Individual A] and defendant [Hastert], plaintiff breached that contract," Hastert's lawyers wrote.

I don't suppose there's any legal precedent applicable to this situation. Can a non-disclosure agreement legally prohibit you from talking to law enforcement about a crime committed against you?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

When Fox News reports it.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

:thejoke:

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Streak posted:

fuckin wacky democrats at it again

heres a partial list of the hypocrites who impeached bill clinton while diddling pages and people who werent their wives https://thinkprogress.org/what-we-now-know-about-the-men-who-led-the-impeachment-of-clinton-8b5557723bc9#.cawo8sqni

the idaho toe tapper is not on it

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Turns out pedophilia is a-OK as long as you have several million to silence your victims. Who could be miserable with a million dollars??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

old fat bird posted:

Turns out pedophilia is a-OK as long as you have several million to silence your victims. Who could be miserable with a million dollars??

Somebody dying of a terminal illness

• Locked thread