Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Steve2911 posted:

PoE is one of those games that I really loved for a few hours then got horrifically burned out on and put it on the 'come back to it later' pile. Given how horrendously long it is, am I likely to gently caress myself story-wise if I don't go back and finish it before playing Deadfire?

Deadfire does a good job catching you up, and it explains the general choices you can make. (And if you make your own save, it looked like only a few choices were required.) I don't think you need to finish it.

Wizard Styles posted:

No, although I'm not sure why you'd even want to play Deadfire if you got burned out on the first one.

I burned out on PoE, but played the Deadfire beta for like 60 hours. The gameplay is that much better. (Plus, the companions are more involved, the dialog's all voiced... there's a really long list.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

More CohhCarnage Spoiler Stream starting up

Mashed Potato
Aug 29, 2008

Nice, thanks!

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I still wonder what super minor things will be different for people who carry their saves over. Pretty sure they confirmed there's a small number of extremely minor bits that can only be seen if you do it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Did the stream yesterday or today ever get into just what the hell Xoti’s special subclasses do?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
She has a unique level 1 melee priest spell that deals like 100 damage and does more if they are near death, thats all i know cause the dude single classed.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Steve2911 posted:

PoE is one of those games that I really loved for a few hours then got horrifically burned out on and put it on the 'come back to it later' pile. Given how horrendously long it is, am I likely to gently caress myself story-wise if I don't go back and finish it before playing Deadfire?

There's a save game generator where you choose quest outcomes from a checklist, also a bunch of preset options (rope kid please PLEASE patch in a randomiser) and the intro is basically a recap of the first game's main plot, so you're good to go

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Spoilers from today's stream: Interesting that Woedica shows up, more so that nobody seems to really bat an eye at it.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Ahh! I want to play this game. Can't wait to see what that audience of the Gods is like with an empowered Woedica.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

2house2fly posted:

There's a save game generator where you choose quest outcomes from a checklist, also a bunch of preset options (rope kid please PLEASE patch in a randomiser) and the intro is basically a recap of the first game's main plot, so you're good to go

That's perfect.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

Turning invisible is totally comparable to *checks notes* summoning a dragon.

That strike seems totally out of place; the only thing I suspect is that it costs 0 guile. Otherwise, yeah, super disappointing.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

XAURIP CREW MEMBER :swoon:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

What's the answer for what I want to play if I want to shoot people in Deadfire? Still Rogue?

Chairchucker posted:

Well I mean, there are rangers too.

Don't sleep on a Black Jacket fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjzD0NlZRCM

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Milli posted:

XAURIP CREW MEMBER :swoon:

That is rad, although they did spoil it at some point iirc.

Or maybe they just talked about "non-kith" crew and i assumed.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I like watching this stream but don't want to get too badly spoiled. So hard to resist...

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
When you import a file into Deadfire, you can change your class, right? Or is that just to add subclass/multiclassing? What about race? (I assume you can't change race.)

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Prism posted:

When you import a file into Deadfire, you can change your class, right? Or is that just to add subclass/multiclassing? What about race? (I assume you can't change race.)

You can change everything, except your choices.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Prism posted:

When you import a file into deadfire all you are doing is importing the story events that happened. It imports a few more minor things that the presets do not cover, giving your a bit more continuity with your specific gamestate over the presets that are available. And that is it.

Character creation happens after that and regardless of if this is a new game or a game you imported an existing poe1 save for its exactly the same. You are free and able to make the same character but you are not required.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Huh! Unexpected but good to know. Thanks!

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

so chanters get to summon a dragon if they single class, but druids only get a summon of galawain and no dragonform. that is some hot garbage. gods and spells are dumb, I wanted to be a dragon. you broke my heart. I'll still have 'fun' or whatever, but it won't be the same.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Watching the stream - pure ranged characters seem much less viable without chokepoints to exploit. Seems like a good idea to run Aloth as that rod/rapier combo rope kid mentioned, and cipher with pistol/(horny)sword or something.

Dairy Power
Jul 23, 2013

He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.
Oh hey, Cohh is fighting a battle that looks properly difficult for PotD now. It's a side area, so it seems in line with what ropekid said on his tumblr.

Edit: Also, it seems like he didn't take any AoE disables on Aloth or buffs on Xoti??? Crazy.

Edit edit: He had to use LOS and pulling around corners to get through and managed to not pull a couple guys in the group. Failed a couple of times before he did it.

Dairy Power fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 5, 2018

HamHawkes
Jan 25, 2014
Can I import my POE1 save game then make some changes? There are two choices I made that I wish were different.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

HamHawkes posted:

Can I import my POE1 save game then make some changes? There are two choices I made that I wish were different.

No.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
I've mostly held off looking into this but it's getting close to release. I really enjoyed playing a Monk character in PoE1, is single-classed Monk the way to go or should it be blended with something else?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I'm sure I remember Rope kid saying the trinket slots never actually made it into the final game, but looking at the stream I see that every character has a grimoire / trinket slot. What's the deal?

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Related to Pallegina in Deadfire: So, Cohh just met Pallegina. In Pillars 1 she ended up being kicked out of the Brotherhood at the end. So, she rejected joining up again and walked off. He didn't get a quest or anything to followup, so I wonder if that's that. Unless it's just part of progressing the critical path.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man
Is this Cohh fella using party AI?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

Related to Pallegina in Deadfire: So, Cohh just met Pallegina. In Pillars 1 she ended up being kicked out of the Brotherhood at the end. So, she rejected joining up again and walked off. He didn't get a quest or anything to followup, so I wonder if that's that. Unless it's just part of progressing the critical path.

Uh oh.

I got the Kind Wayfarer ending, and I was sorta hoping that she would also be a Kind Wayfarer in the game, instead of, uh, not being there anymore :ohdear:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

GrandpaPants posted:

Uh oh.

I got the Kind Wayfarer ending, and I was sorta hoping that she would also be a Kind Wayfarer in the game, instead of, uh, not being there anymore :ohdear:

Same, Pallegina is my fav

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Choices having consequences :argh:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If the outcome of Pallegina’s PoE1 personal quest can prevent her from joining up in Deadfire after heavily marketing her as one of three returning companions that is an extremely good troll by rope kid that I still think will probably bite him in the rear end given that most people will have played the original did so awhile ago and that particular quest is a bone dry series of conversations. It was basically the Trade Federation stuff from the beginning of Phantom Menace, so it would be extremely wild if it had such consequences.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
There might be a backup way to recruit her anyway. Her initial quest in the first game had a delay on her joining.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Meh, I wouldn't mind. Sagani was way more badass than Pallegina anyway. Battle Moms are cool :colbert:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Here's albums with all the class abilities and stuff

https://alyeh.imgur.com/

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

There might be a backup way to recruit her anyway. Her initial quest in the first game had a delay on her joining.
Yeah, I mean, walking off dramatically is just a thing Pallegina likes to do. She does it twice before joining in PoE1.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Xoti is really loving thirsty for a priestess goddamn

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
So is this guy streaming all weekend? And he's only just now gotten to Pallegina?

This game does not seem short

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Apparently you either unlock Berath’s Blessings (ng+) stuff through achievements. Looks like a point buy system? Maxing favor on a companion gets you 2, renaming a ship gets you 1, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

So is this guy streaming all weekend? And he's only just now gotten to Pallegina?

This game does not seem short

He hasn’t been playing the critical path really, he keeps getting distracted by literally every island he comes across. A more focused player probably gets the companions much quicker.

• Locked thread