Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Golashes posted:

tag yourself. I'm Baby Boy

dibs on Deathblow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

They should have never mixed in the pro wrestling stuff

e: Holy poo poo Ebersol :lol:

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
I remember being at my aunt's house with the whole family watching the very first XFL game. It was certainly exciting. It was like "Oh hell yeah, more football past the NFL!".

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
This is so loving great.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I think the Scramble would've been better if they just started possession from wherever the ball was recovered, rather than bothering with the kickoff.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This is a great look at the stuff that was innovative.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
is bubba still alive and where is he right now

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

HE HATE ME rules and is the best thing ever

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
He Hate Me is a national hero.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Rod Smart is a loving boss

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Golashes posted:

Is the the longtime cameraman (or whatever position) that was let go a couple of years ago after an almost lifetime with the company?

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
rod smart looks younger than me and i feel sad

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Golashes posted:

I must know this asap.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
He Hate Me needs to grow the fro back

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Dango Bango posted:

Is the the longtime cameraman (or whatever position) that was let go a couple of years ago after an almost lifetime with the company?

yeah sounds right

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol at Vasgergian sandbagging Vince

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
lol its already destroyed and the game showed a 0-9 score, i think the game was like 35-0

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There were so many things that I feel like could have gone right if they just gave it more time and didn't rush it so drat much. Not in 2017 mind you, but at the time.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

There were so many things that I feel like could have gone right if they just gave it more time and didn't rush it so drat much. Not in 2017 mind you, but at the time.

actually i think if you did it now it might work better. spicy take of the night

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Golashes posted:

actually i think if you did it now it might work better. spicy take of the night

Really? Even the sex and whatnot? The violence would tank it because of the spotlight on concussions. The personality stuff though would probably play amazingly.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The idea of letting players promote themselves and selling their personalities within some sort of reason seems great.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Really? Even the sex and whatnot? The violence would tank it because of the spotlight on concussions. The personality stuff though would probably play amazingly.

I think a league that allows nicknames and elaborate celebrations would play pretty well with people who want that stuff but don't want to go out of their way watching the CFL.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

the violence probably not but everything else would have probably played well with a lot of audiences

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
granted it was still garbage and im saying it would have lasted 1.5 to 2 years

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo this is insane :stare:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How do you forget to fill up the generator tanks on a live production :psyduck:

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Can you imagine being the guy who has to go to Vince and tell him that the game was off the air because no one fuels the generator?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Holy poo poo this is so over the top

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
this camera guy rules

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vasgersian comes off really well in this

God week two really hosed them though

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
You knew this league was hosed when they got on Lorne Michaels' bad side

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
an underreported subplot here is how loving horrific the defenses are here

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
LMAO Tommy Maddox fucks things up even when he does them right

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
that TD in septuple coverage rules though

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Vasgersian rules

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Benne posted:

You knew this league was hosed when they got on Lorne Michaels' bad side

The XFL, Norm, same thing really.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I 100% would buy that if Vince found out who forgot to put gas in the generator he would hire someone to kill them.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Even this football story is unbelievable :psyduck:

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Bubba the cameraman is a coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I 100% would buy that if Vince found out who forgot to put gas in the generator he would hire someone to kill them.

He might do it himself

• Locked thread