Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
The OP asks for more of my horrible artistic endeavors? Well then.

Claiming B5 so I don't need to redraw anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

The Felyn Explore B5

Many of the caves were welcoming and deep, but some few held harsh residents.In the harsh red stone of the desert at the foot of the mountains were nestled caves worn into the soft rock by the harsh desert wind. The entrances strewn about with gold and bones. Creatures with the paws of lions and the beaks of birds rode currents of magic welling up from the bones of the Fangsreach.

"I will have one," proclaimed Yan. She took only three hunters, following one as it descended from the sky to its lair. The one the elf chose was large, a brooding hen of considerable size and experience. A cluth of eggs lay at the back of the short red overhang. There would be no retreat.

The elves and the beast knew each other as hunters, hissing and probing warily. The hen raised on its rear legs and flared its wings, but with a great bound Yan caught the bony crest at the back of its head and forced it to earth. The hero and the beast wrestled upon the ground, snapping with fang and beak, until finally the griffin exposed its belly and surrendered. She herself drove spikes through the carapace and set reigns to her new mount.

Two of the elite hunters survived their own bouts and gained steeds. The bulk of the expedition was left to prospect for gold and diamonds while a small scouting force proceeded south.

While airborne, they could see the land narrow as they proceeded along the diminishing spine of the mountains. It seems they had not gone so far in as they thought. Yan proclaimed the ruddy western sands as the Viscerous Dunes, stretching to the western sea.

There, at the end of the chain, lay the prize. A dormant volcano, erupted some time in the past century and still smelling sharply of sulfur. Great spears of obsidian jutted out from its sides. Landing the beasts on the rich soil of its base, the elves discovered low bushes choked with hardy nodes of fruit. The flesh was far too tender for Yan as she took a greedy bite, but they were certainly sweet enough to ferment.

Roll: 5

:barf: Too sweet.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

super sweet best pal posted:

That's one weird-rear end coastline.

A Wizard Did It.

A very drunk, possibly insane, Wizard.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
If we can claim the D rows, claiming D2, post up shortly.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Grey Hunter posted:

A Wizard Did It.

A very drunk, possibly insane, Wizard.

Probably a wizard from Discworld.

Those crazy guys.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Target square D2

Quirinius, nibbling at his now-eponymous fruit, heads Nor'east of the first landfall, to be confronted by a breathtaking sight. Huge spires of rock jutting from the sea, remnants of some ancient mountain range, stark and steep, yet crested with trees. It is clear the upper reaches of the spires are rich in quarriable stone, minerals and metals, including at least one exotic material hitherto unknown to Aviarkind.

With the IS Archaeopteryx hovering overhead, the Explorator wings dove into, around and between these massive, jagged islands, almost hooting with delight at the sheer exhilarating rush of weaving in between the canyons and channels, catching the anabatic winds rising up by the steep slopes in outstretched wings. Back on the ship, Quintus was already drawing up plans for settlement and development, looking at the larger islands to consider where to place a Sky-dock or a multilayered town.

Quirinius and Polyhymnia landed their wings on one of the mid-sized spires alongside Silex, the expedition's main prospector. Such a bounty as this could only help the Grand Imperium consolidate their hold over this new region, and the Imperium was never shy about exploiting such resources.

Roll: 12.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

D2 is not really following the current coastline.

But then again, things are a bit messed up anyway!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

AJ_Impy posted:

Are we limited to the first three columns or can we go for D and E as well this round?

AJ_Impy posted:

If we can claim the D rows, claiming D2, post up shortly.

Grey Hunter posted:

D2 is not really following the current coastline.

But then again, things are a bit messed up anyway!

In my defence, I did ask first. :shobon:

If the D rows are out of bounds, it could probably fit in C1, or as a last resort A1 or A5.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

-1 Felyn

The DeviantArt catbird things shall never be slaves.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

(-1) Quirinius the Bold because of slotting two islands in a row.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

-1 Quirinus The bold

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
This trillionaire diamond trader do not wish his investment to fail to sloth of the expedition team, so he actually drugged their water reserve with vitamin and small amount of steriod.

-1 Yan Wine

-----

Let the worst wine in history be brewed!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
+1 Quinius because the glory of the Imperium.

Also, I made a little mock-up coastline to showcase that this can still make total sense:

The lower right corner can be whatever of course (and indeed, the players can always do whatever the hell they want and completely ignore this :v:), but some sort of peninsula kinda thing seems most natural for the western portions at least.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Pretty borders god demands -1 Quirinius the Bold

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Yeah when I post later I'm going to specifically link my area to the others to make a pretty coast, just thinking of what to write!

edit: Also, claiming B3 because that's just sensible!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Feb 22, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I think you should draw the coast like savado dali's surreal art because that place is clearly a magic-warped site! :v:

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Nyaa posted:

I think you should draw the coast like savado dali's surreal art because that place is clearly a magic-warped site! :v:

Alas, my skills in the Way of MS Paint are far below yours, Master Nyaa, and I am capable of no such feat.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Target Square B3

Akull the Dreadfull continues the thrust inland to ensure his people have the resources necessary to thrive. In addition, he attempts to begin to fence off the area roamed by the Gluks, the buffalo-like creatures mentioned earlier. Their flesh and hide would be a welcome addition to their homes in the new land.

The expansion of the Cyclopea into a home village was progression smoothly, but Akull knew they could not afford to be penned into this cove. He half-dreamed he saw fires dotting the coastlines at night - interlopers? Fellow pilgrims? Possibly natives? Regardless, a danger - he didn't have the manpower to fight right now, and they'd already lost one to a hunt of the Gluks. The massive, shaggy creatures seemed docile, but clearly they were well-adapted to predation - the young hunter had thought it unaware, but moments before the strike the Gluk had curled into a ball and rolled sideways before unfurling and hoisting the unlucky fellow off the ground on its tusks. Young Lule was the first of the Voda to give her water to the soils of Vodalonia, and she wouldn't be the last. Her spirit fled to the deeps, they'd left her empty vessel out there for the scavengers.

The Gluks were a good source of nourishment - oh, they'd have to be penned in, their range curtailed and their aggression bred out of them - but they were insufficient. Fish, seafood and foraged roughage were required for healthy young Voda! And so they went east, following a river down past the mountain range visible by the coast, navigating the treacherous rapids along the way. The explorers made notes of their findings, preliminary though they may be. A forest on the other side of the mountain range could provide a bounty of fruit and nuts, though the tall and ominous mountain jutting from the forest's center made their stomachs turn from the sheer height of it. They took their notes, and they risked it all for their people.

Turn 2 exploration roll: 4! (aw yeah that's the kind of roll i like to see - mess me uppppp)

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

super sweet best pal posted:

-1 Felyn

The DeviantArt catbird things shall never be slaves.

:eng101: They're based off a folklorist claim that the legends of gryphons were influenced by protoceratops fossils.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Dog Kisser posted:

Turn 2 exploration roll: 4! (aw yeah that's the kind of roll i like to see - mess me uppppp)

Voting +1 for Akull to sabotage you. :colbert:

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
-1 to the Felyn

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
+1 Akull

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Grey, can I presume that, for the sanity of everyone, at the end of the round you will Reality Warp the tiles into something presuming a sane-looking landmass, while still more or less preserving the discoveries of everyone?

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Oh what's that you want a bad roll

+1 Akull

Yeah how about that! How'd you like those apples?

Patron count: 2
Patrons left: - - O

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

my dad posted:

+1 for Akull

...R-reverse psychology success?

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
+1 Quirinus the Bold.

The Senior Quartermaster of the Grand Imperium's Royal Armoury approves of Quirinius the Bold's ardent attempts to acquire stronger and new materials for military development. Supplies will be increased next outward shipment. Glory to the Grand Imperium!

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
The Soddille Office of Premium Dirt and Dirt Related Supplies - "Sod Off" for short, wishes to encourage all explorers of the new world. We like to thank them for getting off of our lawn, and are happy that they have finally procured a job.
If they acquire a haircut in the future, we would even like to establish trade.

+1 to Yggdra

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
-1 Felyn

just because that puts you at one, and I want to see what happens.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
+1 to Torkaris Many-Brothers of the Vendref Confederation

The memory of the great white stag-creature bolsters your resolve - discovering a holy site upon your first journey inland is indeed a good omen.

Influences: 2

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Grey, can I presume that, for the sanity of everyone, at the end of the round you will Reality Warp the tiles into something presuming a sane-looking landmass, while still more or less preserving the discoveries of everyone?

Yeah, I'll do a general tidy up and revisit - some things are better done at once.

I don't think Sane will ever apply to this though!

AJ_Impy posted:

In my defence, I did ask first. :shobon:

If the D rows are out of bounds, it could probably fit in C1, or as a last resort A1 or A5.

Its fine. its going to be an interesting world!

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

The Vendref Confederation

-Letter sent to Torkaris' nephew as an instructional leaflet and guide-

Terenesh, your father informs me that you have been neglecting your studies and knowledge of books for the application of the physical and has commanded that I write to dissuade you from this course.

I have no intention of doing so. As we possess truth it is up to all of us, even small ones such as you, to prove that our Truth can be put into practical action. Indeed that is what our current tour of the far northern reaches has found to be most useful. You will need to learn how to scale cliff faces as many of our brave explorers have done, for the land is Mountainous and, much like our home, Cold.

We have found great amounts of diamonds in the hills, worthless though they are I am sending one back to show you what geegaws you will most likely find if you join us here. We have also found a vast Tree next to the ice shelf. One of the deer that lead us through the rivers lead us to its bows and saw fit to prostrate themselves before it.

I need you to know that even in lands such as these the creatures you will find can well be friendly, the land good and the heart in your chest trustworthy. Believe in your Faith and know that the Physical and the Mental are required to make oneself an Arhat in the Decamony.

Tell your Father not to worry, tell your mother to fashion new armour and I look forward to seeing you as we find new lands to add to our growing dominion.

Yours Faithfully
Your loving Uncle
Tork

http://orokos.com/roll/489220

Occupying Square B1, finding Diamonds, World Trees and Mountains in the Cold

Number rolled= 8

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Feb 24, 2017

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Yggdra stood proudly as she looked down at the expansive forest and beautiful lakes sketched out on her map. Was it not just as she imagined? No, even greater than that! There was no doubt in the Devotree’s mind now that the expedition was blessed by the Great Mother Oak herself. Everyone back in the Halidom would truly be so proud of her once she made her return. But, that time had yet to come. Collecting her thoughts on what to do next, she supposed that the lakes they had discovered still needed naming. While several ‘inspired’ ideas had come to Yggdra since their discovery, the Devotree had sent word back home seeking advice on this matter, hesitant to make any snap judgments.

That is to say, I’m open to name suggestions from my fellow supporters of the glorious Halidom of Zylem! Otherwise I’ll pick something out come next round.

Still, it would take awhile for a message to return back from the Halidom. For now, Yggdra thought, it was time to return to exploration! With an ample supply of wood and water found, the Devotree wondered what else the Sapients could possibly need as the ships continued eastward. Then, she realized! Although she herself preferred forest shade and temperate environments, there were some of her people who lived in desert regions, and had adapted to living in such heated and dry conditions. Perhaps they might find land to suit such individuals. No, not perhaps, but certainly with the Great Mother Oak on their side! Yggdra could already imagine the delicious nectar they could harvest from the local fauna, and what use it could have in making tasty treats for trade (and eating). Necessities and luxury goods aside, however, the Devotree’s adventurous spirit secretly hoped they would find a curiosity like sunken ruins to venture forth into.

Exploring D5, searching for Nectar and Sunken Ruins in a (mostly) Desert environment.

Turn 2 Exploration: 1d20 20 :toot:

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 23, 2017

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

+1 The Vendref Confederation

Influences: 2

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

TheFireMagi posted:

Exploring D5, searching for Nectar and Sunken Ruins in a (mostly) Desert environment.

Turn 2 Exploration: 1d20 20 :toot:

Our first crit!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sunken ruins made of solidified nectar!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

Sunken ruins made of solidified nectar!

Sunken ruins with nectar fountains!

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Grey Hunter posted:

Sunken ruins with nectar fountains!

advanced b-beebarians!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

• Locked thread