Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Picked this one last week after a lot of people backed up on it. I really hated the last one (Zestiria) and had dropped it after 4 hours so I was a bit wary but I'm loving this game. Good gameplay, having a lot of fun with combos and quick stepping out of the enemy's way, the characters are pretty cool if only a bit too edgy but have good chemistry together and the plot is pretty dark for the series but it's got some real tension and kept me hooked. For me the Tales series is usually hit or miss, with some real bad or boring games (Abyss, Zestiria, Symphonia 2) and some really cool rear end ones (Vesperia, Xillia, Symphonia original) so it's usually a good idea to gauge before playing them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I haven't really played any Tales games since Symphonia (apart from the GBA port of Phantasia where they translated Ragnarok as Kangaroo). I should play one of the new ones but I can barely keep track of them. 2006 posting on the Tales of Symphonia forums feels...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I haven't really played any Tales games since Symphonia (apart from the GBA port of Phantasia where they translated Ragnarok as Kangaroo). I should play one of the new ones but I can barely keep track of them. 2006 posting on the Tales of Symphonia forums feels...

Play Vespeeria it's the best one

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

I feel that the length of the protagonist hair is a good indicator of the overall quality of a Tales game.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

So Icey Seifuku posted:

I feel that the length of the protagonist hair is a good indicator of the overall quality of a Tales game.

Lloyd's hair is fairly short.. This doesn't hold up

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

doughvakiin posted:

Luke's hair is long as well (for the first half)...

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

doughvakiin posted:

I forgot about the protagonist from Abyss as well. :suicide:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Plutonis posted:

Luke's hair is long as well (for the first half)...

Idk if your saying Abyss is bad or good but I think it is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i really like tales of destiny. stahn & rutee are funny and the art is very nice

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread