Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Giraffes are gay as heck. Gentleman giraffes get jiggy way more than girl giraffes.

quote:

Male giraffes have been observed to engage in remarkably high frequencies of homosexual behavior. After aggressive "necking", it is common for two male giraffes to caress and court each other, leading up to mounting and climax. Such interactions between males have been found to be more frequent than heterosexual coupling. In one study, up to 94% of observed mounting incidents took place between two males. The proportion of same sex activities varied between 30 and 75%, and at any given time one in twenty males were engaged in non-combative necking behavior with another male. Only 1% of same-sex mounting incidents occurred between females.

Post your gay animals! :gay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh pee
Jan 27, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
:siren:syllable police:siren:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Research finds that homosexuality in insects and spiders is a case of mistaken identity.

quote:

Now Dr. Inon Scharf of Tel Aviv University's Department of Zoology and Dr. Oliver Martin of ETH Zurich have found that homosexual behavior in bugs is probably accidental in most cases. In the rush to produce offspring, bugs do not take much time to inspect their mates' gender, potentially leading to same-sex mating.

The researchers say insects and spiders probably have not evolved to be more discriminating in their mating choices because the cost of rejecting an opportunity to mate with a female is greater than that of mistakenly mating with a male. This explanation is supported by the fact that many species that exhibit homosexual behavior also mate with related species or inanimate objects, like beer bottles—indicating a general tendency toward misidentification. It is also possible that sexual enthusiasm in bugs is related to other evolutionarily beneficial traits, the researchers say.

"Homosexual behavior may be genomically linked to being more active, a better forager, or a better competitor," says Dr. Schart. "So even though misidentifying mates isn't a desirable trait, it's part of a package of traits that leaves the insect better adapted overall."

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

TBH that is my excuse also

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
"You mean I was sucking a MANS dick!?!"

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

My research of owning dogs is that animals like to gently caress things.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Finally, scientific proof that it was a case of mistaken identity when I got my dick stuck in a beer bottle.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
the giraffe is clearly homosexual at a glance, a waste to study it

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

With eyes like these? A web of lies. Deeply unfortunate that these spiders are still hiding in a closet clearly made of leaves.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
So where's the youtubes of gay giraffes?

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

It's on xtube

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://youtu.be/3OGL2b_jVIU

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Beetles not confirmed for gay, may simply be a show of support for their distant brethren.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

If you didn't sleep with a man, how could you trust him when you went into battle? How would you know if he was going to be the warrior that would protect you at all costs, if he wasn't your lover?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I think OP is protecting

Wonderful colors

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I'm going to start a zoo for gay animals where they won't be discriminated against and they can have gay sex all day.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Pawn 17 posted:

I'm going to start a zoo for gay animals where they won't be discriminated against and they can have gay sex all day.

Matt Gaymon DOXX itt

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Hardawn posted:

Matt Gaymon DOXX itt

Oh gently caress, my publicist is going to beat me again.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Pawn 17 posted:

thats a weird name for your wife

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

unpleasantly turgid posted:

thats a weird name for your wife

STOP BEING MEAN TO ME GUYS!!

I JUST WANT TO PROTECT GAY ANIMALS AND WATCH THEM MAKE GAY LOVE CLOSE UP OK!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

I'm sorry for yelling. It's just, you know, I think we can learn a lot from animals.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 20, 2017

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Pawn 17 posted:

Does the world REALLY need another furry convention?

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Agent Escalus posted:

Does the world REALLY need another furry convention?
Please do not mention this word, it is greatly triggering for the animals who peacefully reside in this thread.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
Ducks aren't just gay. They're gay necrophiliac rapists.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2005/mar/08/highereducation.research

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Spatial posted:

Beetles not confirmed for gay, may simply be a show of support for their distant brethren.

my fav beetle sex tale was about this one type of beetle that blocks its mate up in a tunnel and then barricades the tunnel with its giant noggin so no other beetles could have access. the larger the beetle the easier it is to block up your beetle sex dungeon. but some of the smaller beetle boys figured out they could dig a tunnel around the main tunnel and come in the back door, getting it on with the lady and cucking the big dumb beetle who can't turn around to stop it.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so are almost all giraffe penises covered in feces all day every day or are they gaysexing some other way

why is this my only question

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

so are almost all giraffe penises covered in feces all day every day or are they gaysexing some other way

Something something deep throat

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

i found the research paper on that once, apparently they like to mount each other and rub their necks together until they both cum everywhere

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

This begs the question, whats the most homo animal?? I know bonobos are pretty big flamers

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Tolkien minority posted:

This begs the question, whats the most homo animal?? I know bonobos are pretty big flamers

bonobos gently caress their brothers, their sisters, their moms, their dads, and pretty much everything in sight

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pawn 17 posted:

But your pubicist has never been happier!

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

bonobos gently caress their brothers, their sisters, their moms, their dads, and pretty much everything in sight

man i was born the wrong fuckin species

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
starfish have it all figured out, they just blow their load into the water and maybe some of the sperm run into an errant starfish egg cell adrift in the ocean

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
There's still probably one incel bonobo though.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If there's a god, He is one hell of a terrible programmer.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Pick posted:

If there's a god, He is one hell of a terrible programmer.

yeah, the anglerfish's mode of reproduction reads like something off of deviantart

quote:

However, the methods anglerfish use to locate mates vary. Some species have minute eyes that are unfit for identifying females, while others have underdeveloped nostrils, making them unlikely to effectively find females by smell.When a male finds a female, he bites into her skin, and releases an enzyme that digests the skin of his mouth and her body, fusing the pair down to the blood-vessel level. The male becomes dependent on the female host for survival by receiving nutrients via their shared circulatory system, and provides sperm to the female in return. After fusing, males increase in volume and become much larger relative to free-living males of the species. They live and remain reproductively functional as long as the female lives, and can take part in multiple spawnings. This extreme sexual dimorphism ensures that when the female is ready to spawn, she has a mate immediately available. Multiple males can be incorporated into a single individual female with up to eight males in some species, though some taxa appear to have a "one male per female" rule.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

yeah, the anglerfish's mode of reproduction reads like something off of deviantart

I wonder what's the most balls an anglerfish has ever had. Like enough she could release a cloud of cum like a squid releases ink to escape?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

On the other hand he made immortal octopus so you win some you lose some

• Locked thread