Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
:shibe: Welcome to the Something Awful Top Dog Tournament! :cheerdoge:

The Something Awful Top Dog Tournament is a competition to determine the top dog across this whole forum. Think you know a pooch who's up for the task? Nominate a dog, win the subforum round, and take on the top dogs from subforums across SA!

How does it work? :eng101:

The three stages of the Top Dog Tournament are:
1) Subforum Nomination - Each participating subforum has a nomination thread for posters to nominate potential Top Dogs
2) Subforum Voting - Each subforum votes to determine the champion that will represent them in the forumwide vote
3) Forumwide Voting - The champions from every subforum go head to head to determine the Top Dog of the Tournament

This thread is Stage 1: Subforum Nomination

To nominate a dog for the tournament, please post ONCE AND ONLY ONCE in this thread in the following format:
  • Dog name
  • One sentence about why this dog is a good dog
  • Picture of dog

An example of a properly formatted nomination post is as follows:

quote:

Otis

Otis is a good dog because he once ate an entire loaf of pumpkin bread and pooped bright orange for two days

Nominations will be open until at least Wednesday, March 1. Polls for subforum voting will open shortly after.

Questions and Answers
  • Do I have to post my own dog?
    No! Post any dog you like.

• Can I nominate more than one dog?
    No! Please nominate only one dog and choose one subforum to nominate in.

• Does the dog I nominate have to be a real dog?
    Nope! Paintings, cartoons, doodles, ASCII art, it's all fine. The only condition is that the dog must be Good.

• Can I vote in subforums I don't actively participate in?
    Definitely! Please visit all the participating subforums so you don't miss any dogs.

• Where can I talk about the dogs that I like and dislike?
    The voting threads are a great place to talk about the dogs you like! Please only post nominations in the nomination thread.

It is illegal to dislike any dogs

• Won't the big subforums crowd out the little ones during the final vote?
    Who knows and who cares!

• Who should I talk to if I have questions?
    The mod of each subforum is a good place to start. You can also ask tournament organizer pig slut lisa any questions or post in QCS.

• Who's a good boy?
    All of them :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Let's get this party started!

Sam

Sam is a good boy because even though he suffered a gunshot wound as a stray in North Carolina and had to have his back left leg amputated, he is still the happiest, sweetest, cuddliest dog that we possibly could have rescued and spends most of his free time on his back, like below, chewing on a toy and getting foot rubs.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Bernie (in the back).

Bernie is a good dog because he only wants to chase the neighbors' cats, and not my own. Also Bernie is named after Bernie Parent.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Cindy

Cindy is sixteen years old and enjoys spending her twilight years falling asleep in rays of sunshine.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Rustette Von Spoopy aka Buffy is the Australian Shepard puppy. She enjoys playing in mud and providing a hiding space for Fiona.
http://imgur.com/a/Am8lL
How do I make this an embedded picture?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

RC Cola posted:

Rustette Von Spoopy aka Buffy is the Australian Shepard puppy. She enjoys playing in mud and providing a hiding space for Fiona.
http://imgur.com/a/Am8lL
How do I make this an embedded picture?

Right click on the picture itself and click on Copy Link Address (or Image Address), or open the pic in a new tab and copy the URL from there.

Then put it in [img][/img] tags

This is Patches.

My parents rescued him a few years ago, and were told at the time that he was thought to be 8 years old. We think it's more likely that he's around 8 now. He was thought to be a terrier/shih-tzu mix but we're not even certain on that. He's a good boy because he's typically quiet, can walk on his hind legs to beg for food, and he's a lap dog which ladies dig (and they love his eyebrows).

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

EL CAPITANO

Cappi is a good dog because he was rescued from Puerto Rico. Despite being pulled away from a life of eating scraps, stealing drink, and banging bitches on the beach, he is very happy with his new home. He loves wearing sweaters (he has a "bone" sweater, a "cats suck" sweater, and "dapper dog" sweater). When he was rescued they said he was 2 years old but he acts like he's in his mid 40s. He has poor boner control, but we love him still.

Though a native Spanish speaker, he knows some commands in English and French as well! Is your doggo so good he speaks three languages?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Kirby
Kirby is a good dog because he brings his own pillow for snuggs.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Terra

Terra is a good dog because she's 14 years old but is definitely not a distinguished old lady. Like when she found 5 inches of mud and decided that lying down in it was definitely a pro move. Especially since we drove to the park and had no way to wash her off before she had to go back in the car.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Chacho

Chacho is a good dog because he always sugars the A gap.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Ivy

Ivy is a good dog because she was born without eyes due to some horrible irresponsible puppy mill operator but she still dogs as hard as any dog even though she often winds up running into things or stuck on top of things (as she is here).

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Whichever Uga is actually alive

I mean look at this drat dog.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Handle Unknown

This dog has a lot of grit.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Glenn.

Is a big dog.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Mike Leggo's Dog

This dog has had a hard life, with it's owner being away from home for work, and on top of that he gets threatened by Goons! Let's give him something nice.

Ergo Propter Hog fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 28, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

This is Iggy aka IggNasty aka Iggy Monster aka The Notorious I.G.G.

He's pretty much the best dog I've ever known. He likes watching basketball (specifically the Butler Bulldogs) and animal shows. He loves to play with his cat brothers and take lots of naps.

When he goes to daycare, he constantly barks unless he gets put with the big dogs because he thinks he's a big dog.

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 3, 2017

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

You have until Friday to get your nominations in. You're running out of time!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
This is Deisel, the Northern Illinois mascot

His good dog qualities speak for themselves.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Can we have a Top Cat Tournament too? Cuz I've got a cat that loves to watch basketball and even tries to block shots on the TV. He's the perfect SAS mascot.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Thoguh posted:

This is Deisel, the Northern Illinois mascot

His good dog qualities speak for themselves.

I have hugged that dog. Can confirm a good dog.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

pubic works project posted:

Can we have a Top Cat Tournament too? Cuz I've got a cat that loves to watch basketball and even tries to block shots on the TV. He's the perfect SAS mascot.

We'll see what we can't work out.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Get a good look at this fuckin dog

This is Maggie

She is a good dog because she's pretty and likes to climb on things and was born in a crack house but now lives with me.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 1, 2017

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
This is Waker.

Waker is a good boy because he doesn't mind being shot

https://twitter.com/angrygodofjebus/status/785274390636363777

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

My dog, Rocky, is a good rear end dog. Super Photogenic when he was a puppy:

And still got that good smile as an adult:

USDA Choice
Jul 4, 2004

BIG TEN PRIDE
Pudding is a Very Good Dog.

He is a good dog because he is originally from Taiwan but made the trek via 4 separate planes all the way across the Pacific to his new home. :911: Also he is a good boy because he is the best at curling up to you to sleep, and look at those eyes!

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

so we're just allowing multiple photos now or

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

I am rules lawyering a contest about dogs

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Look at my imgur. There are more pictures of my dogs on there

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

so we're just allowing multiple photos now or

I think the spirit of the rules is "take a look at this good dog"

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

*corners SAS, whips out phone, spends 20 minutes swiping through pic after pic of Sam*

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I'll nominate my dog Maggie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntIQ24ZhwQA

Bet you've never seen a dog run that fast before, huh?

All that running would knock her rear end out. Pics at like 2 months old.

Looking stylish in her barka. Now she's like 10 months. She's a good dog.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Caesar

Caesar is a heroic if dimwitted, deformed beast, made in the vein of T.H. White's Lancelot, bravely prepared to take on airplanes, cars, and dogs 5 times his size, all in the defense of our home.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Get a good look at this fuckin dog

This is Maggie

She is a good dog because she's pretty and likes to climb on things and was born in a crack house but now lives with me.

Good Dog posted:

I'll nominate my dog Maggie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntIQ24ZhwQA

Bet you've never seen a dog run that fast before, huh?

All that running would knock her rear end out. Pics at like 2 months old.

Looking stylish in her barka. Now she's like 10 months. She's a good dog.

There can only be one!

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Joey Freshwater posted:

There can only be one!

This is also a good dog.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

My dog is a good dog.... :smith:

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

pubic works project posted:

My dog is a good dog.... :smith:

I like your dog, post it in [img] tags so everyone can see it without clicking the link!

I appreciate all dogs that have a bunch of nicknames. Maggie responds to all kinds of dumb things we call her instead of her actual name. Wiggly, Miss Magoo, Miss Currfluffles, etc.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Good Dog posted:

I like your dog, post it in [img] tags so everyone can see it without clicking the link!

I appreciate all dogs that have a bunch of nicknames. Maggie responds to all kinds of dumb things we call her instead of her actual name. Wiggly, Miss Magoo, Miss Currfluffles, etc.

Whenever I have to yell at my Maggie I call her Margaret. That's when she knows she messed up

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
This is Ozzie.

He likes catfishing:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Athanatos posted:

This is Ozzie.

He likes catfishing:

I feel like Ozzie and Iggy would be friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Athanatos posted:

This is Ozzie.

He likes catfishing:

I know a good dog when I see one, and that is a good dog.

• Locked thread