Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Can you?
Take it all away
Take it all away
Shove it in my face
This pain you gave to me
SHOOT VISARI
View Results

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
High-G Turns on the Head of a Pin: Let's Play Ace Combat 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Take It All Away and Go Dance With the--:suicide:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Ace Combat 6: Dude, Where's My Golden King?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Ace combat 6: electric boogaloo

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Where Angels Fear to Tread: Let's Play Ace Combat 6.

Or

Belka's Run-Ins with Law Enforcement.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

FunkMonkey posted:

Belka's Run-Ins with Law Enforcement.

That's the whole series, though.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Anime Reference posted:

That's the whole series, though.

Good name for the inevitable omnibus once he's played through them all.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Shamrock Don't Dance, So He Ain't No Angel of Mine.

VKing
Apr 22, 2008
Let's Play Ace Combat 6; thank god it's not a drinking game

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Every time Belka sings, an angel gets its dance: Let's Play Ace Combat 6

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I'm flying around in a double helix of my own vomit, good christ

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

soon(er than you realize)

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

nine-gear crow posted:

soon(er than you realize)

:dance:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

A real avatar never dies, even when it's replaced!

It looks like the pilot's poo poo faced drunk jesus christ

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

KDavisJr posted:

It looks like the pilot's poo poo faced drunk jesus christ

I mean, it's a -29, what do you expect?

Still no Flying Restaurant though.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I mean, it's a -29, what do you expect?

Still no Flying Restaurant though.

That's an Su-27. Longer nose and the leading edge doesn't reach as far up the cockpit

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Found this on YouTube, and thought it might interest some people here: a relatively well known Ace Combat YouTuber tries to pull a U-turn after blowing the Core in ACES and flying back out the front, shooting Hamilton in the process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhccFKaPEqI

He pulls off the U-turn, hits Hamilton with no consequences, but none of the post core shooting dialogue with Bartlett plays; and when he makes it back to the entrance, Hamilton has respawned, the entrance shutter is closed, and Hamilton is strafing him through the closed shutter. He panics, unsure if he can clip through the shutter, and pancakes into the tunnel wall.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Way to go Hamilton.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GhostStalker posted:

Found this on YouTube, and thought it might interest some people here: a relatively well known Ace Combat YouTuber tries to pull a U-turn after blowing the Core in ACES and flying back out the front, shooting Hamilton in the process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhccFKaPEqI

He pulls off the U-turn, hits Hamilton with no consequences, but none of the post core shooting dialogue with Bartlett plays; and when he makes it back to the entrance, Hamilton has respawned, the entrance shutter is closed, and Hamilton is strafing him through the closed shutter. He panics, unsure if he can clip through the shutter, and pancakes into the tunnel wall.

I was going to post that myself. I'm gonna have to see if I can replicate it for the Bonus Videos. I've been trying to get the Arkbird glitch on video, but it hasn't been working because it requires like millisecond precise timing to trigger. But yeah I was surprised to see a second Hamilton spawn in. He must have been a static target though, because it didn't look like he was moving.

I guess the game really doesn't expect you to do something dumb like double back and it just kind of goes crazy if you try to break the scripting parameters of the tunnel run.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Arkbird glitch owns so much. Nothing makes you poo poo your pants faster than seeing something that big move like that. Probably would have squished its pilots and all, but it's still terrifying to look at!

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
A FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT BELKA DID NOTHING WRONG PRAISE BELKA

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

The Arkbird glitch owns so much. Nothing makes you poo poo your pants faster than seeing something that big move like that. Probably would have squished its pilots and all, but it's still terrifying to look at!

Of all the things I wanted to get on video, that was the one I wanted the most, but after an hour of replaying White Bird (Part II) without success, I just got frustrated and gave up on it.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Shinjobi posted:

What is said Arkbird glitch? I assume it involves something causing it to fly off in strange and random directions at high speeds during White Bird Part II?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Only because Crow said he gave up on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4suDVMtcbic

VKing
Apr 22, 2008
I love how, despite this being a bug and I don't think there's a way it ever happens normally, there's a huge jet blast effect on the water from the Arkbird engine when it's pointing upward.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Only because Crow said he gave up on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4suDVMtcbic

I discussed the glitch in the Arkbird's write up in the White Bird Part II post as well. I even link to that video too.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

I discussed the glitch in the Arkbird's write up in the White Bird Part II post as well. I even link to that video too.

Derp, I even recently reread that post, but scrolled past that link. Watching it for the first time, all I can say is :stare:

Also, that video was my first time hearing the Japanese voice track. Hearing the call signs and fox codes was strange, but still somewhat understandable.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Here's another glitch involving the tunnel run from ACES including two lines of dialog from Hamilton that normally don't play during the mission for one reason or another, including one that implies that yeah he's just some dumbfuck Osean uber-patriot with no connection to the Grey Men who Bernitz was just using because he's a tool. Again, this flies in the face of what the game otherwise implies, so I guess it's up to you as to what camp you want to throw him into at the end of the day.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Wait, that's a glitch? When it happened to me, I attributed it to the Belkans wanting to run away to space, so they of course point the Arkbird in a vertical angle.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Kal-L posted:

Wait, that's a glitch? When it happened to me, I attributed it to the Belkans wanting to run away to space, so they of course point the Arkbird in a vertical angle.

The glitch isn't the Arkbird going near vertical, that happens normally (albeit to a much shallower degree/angle) when Adler fires up the last ditch main engine to maintain altitude and continue their mission after you blow up the other two engines. The weird and quick banks and turns and flips and poo poo are the glitch, making it act like one of it's UAVs or something like that.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Yeah. It's a weird scripting glitch where if you kill a UAV immediately before the final engine fires up, the game starts thinking the Arkbird itself is a UAV and gives is the acceleration and maneuverability of a drone relative to its massive size, hence why it just careens out of control all over the map.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Damnit crow, when can we walk onto AC6?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Calax posted:

You'll know when it's up when you feel the warmth of the golden king's smile.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Also, thread title for that game

"Crow walks with the Golden King: Ace Combat 6"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Calax posted:

Honestly, I had intended to have Ace Combat 6 started by now, however I'm trying to get things set up so that I have as much an uninterrupted update flow as I can, just because we are kind of going to be blasting through 6 at a faster pace than we have any other Ace Combat yet. I'm also in the midst of dealing with certain family issues that I don't feel like going in depth on, so that's taking up a lot of time and attention as well.

My time frame at the moment is "sometime in the next two weeks", but I can't say for certain. I hope you all can understand.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Considering it hasn't even started yet, this is as good a time as any to take a break for other stuff. It's all good, in ol' Shinjobi's book. Real life always comes first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

nine-gear crow posted:

Honestly, I had intended to have Ace Combat 6 started by now, however I'm trying to get things set up so that I have as much an uninterrupted update flow as I can, just because we are kind of going to be blasting through 6 at a faster pace than we have any other Ace Combat yet. I'm also in the midst of dealing with certain family issues that I don't feel like going in depth on, so that's taking up a lot of time and attention as well.

My time frame at the moment is "sometime in the next two weeks", but I can't say for certain. I hope you all can understand.

I would honestly like to see the bonus videos done before we start the next game, but family issues come first beyond that. It's my understanding that you want to get the bonus vids done anyhow before having the LP archived.