Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'll play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The Ecco game with a scum hypercharger was pretty fun.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

this is a stickup posted:

I didn't even realize you were in this game

Yeah I hadn't posted yet because the shitposting was kind of making my eyes glaze over

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If you're begging for freedom from the thread, why not ask for a replacement?

##vote stickup

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

these are all of your posts and you're suggesting that anyone ask for a replacement :lol:

I wasn't asking to be freed from the thread tho

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Your Personal Muse posted:

3) I forget why SSV is on my not garbage list. It may just have been one real post. I can go back and look. Her being on my not garbage list unjustified has no bearing on my vote on you.

Him. :v:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also tbh I'm not sure why I'm on the not garbage list too.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##unvote I feel better about Stickup now.

##vote york

As well as the scummy chain lynch push, I have a hunch that he was pushing stickup as town earlier because he knows how he's going to flip.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Wait wait.

I can understand wanting to lynch me for the first part, so feel free to stick to your vote.

But I have a few questions relating to the second part.

If I know how stickup is going to flip because I'm scum and he's town, why the hell do I defend him instead of just dogpiling and waiting for the hammer?

If both of us are scum why are you feeling better about stickup?

Because defending him makes you look good when he flips town? Trying to decide whether you're being genuine here.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I didn't reply because I wanted to let you, but this is a pretty good example of yorkie being new

yorkster: if you're scum, you know I'm town and careening towards a lynch, thus you can safely stick your neck out saying you think this is wrong etc, and you'll look good for defending a town player.

if you hard defend a scum player, especially without real justification, it looks pretty bad when they flip scum. it's iffy because someone might really have a town read on someone, and it becomes WIFOM (wine in front of me) when someone anticipates this and does it anyway. if defending scum looks bad, would someone really do it as scum? would they anticipate people doubting someone would defend their scum teammates, and defend them anyway?

someone post the wine scene

I feel like he's faking it because you said he's been in a couple games so surely at this point he'd understand why a scum player may defend a town player.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Okay.

There are a bunch of ways to refute this.

But the easiest is this. The scum team presumably has experienced players on it right? And they can communicate outside of the game. I assume that there's no limit on the amount of communication.

I'm new. Were I scum I would run literally every post I make by my teammates first before doing anything.

The play you're mentioning seems really obvious. To the point that an experienced scum player would probably tell me not to make it.

Given that it seems unlikely that I'd make a play that would obviously make me suspiciously scum with other scum players to advise me on it.

I've seen scum players coast to victory on "I'm so new, what does this mean?" so it's not hard to believe. Also why are you able to identify the fact that a scum player would be coaching a newbie but not able to conceive why a scum player would defend town without having it explained?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lol at the implication that infinitum is easier to get lynched than imgay or hiipfire

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Hey guys I went to sleep and...

Oh. :ghost:

Sorry, I genuinely thought you were feigning newbieness. :v:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Out of curiosity, why did you decide to watch Slamburger?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Infinitum posted:

First letter of my first six posts.

So we've probably got a bus driver

How would a bus driver result in you appearing to have visited someone?

##vote infin

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also why would you breadcrumb miller? If you're miller, just say it right off the bat.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote keane claiming cop with no living doctor and also no scum results claimed seems really scummy.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CCKeane posted:

(I'm trying to get content generated you nincompoop.)

You're trying to generate content by being scummy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Nice job catching me as cop, Keane. Would you have been as suspicious of Magnus if you hadn't figured that out?

• Locked thread