Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Alright but only if I'm scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

lol to anyone expecting Ecco to start a game on time.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

A A Am Count Do Doublevoter. I I I If Mod Not Not Revote That The Understand Unless Unvote Will

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

I'll visit the dreams of every player in this game, tonight.

IRL.

How's that different from any other night :forkbomb:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Asiina posted:

All of this hard casing feels so goddamn fake.

Nobody can possibly believe all of this as seriously as they're pretending to.

I think you're underestimating how stupid and obstinate we all are

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This does not strike me as scum asiina.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Every time I check the thread there's over 100 posts and most of them are useless nonsense so it hard to get motivated. I'll get there

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Wanting to dunk stickup based on that post is No Bueno

Agreed. I don't even really get the criticism here. Obviously that post was constructed; all of them are.
I can kind of understand complaints about someone being insincere but it honestly sounds like people are on stick
Up for thinking before he speaks

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm just leaving a lesson and grabbing dinner so I don't know I'll be here for deadline, gonna ## vote dick jic

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Max posted:

The post dinged my scumdar, but the speed at which people jumped on Stick has made me not want to vote him at just this moment.

He has 3 votes and one is likely preservation I don't think it's exactly a bandwagon

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I was suspicious of Keane and was going to try and put together a case today, so nice to know my scumdar's working great

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Ninth Layer posted:

##vote Retro Futurist

Not even a jokevote in his post history.

I tend to be more careful with my votes in an Ecco game so I don't need to worry about remembering to unvote and getting screwed at a bad moment, not really sure what about it makes me scum though.

Also I have chosen to force a no-kill as town, but only if I were completely convinced the person was town. I don't see how MMT could be convinced on D1 and with Dick's not so great post history

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's pretty much what I was getting at. Either she has knowledge of his alignment, or she forced a D1 no lynch on a hunch. Either way I'm good with an MMT vote

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Another example of soft support. If you're good with the case then why not vote? What are you waiting for???

##unvote ##vote Opop

I just said I'm conservative with my vote in an ecco game, how is that scummy? Like even if this weren't an ecco game or whatever, how does any of this make you think I'm scum?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rarity posted:

Eh, I can't be assed to defend myself. The only reason I didn't replace out of this game was cause I did that in Ecco's last game and didn't want to be a dick twice :/

Is...Is that a scum claim?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Because it's a dumb excuse to basically not engage in the game at all.

That's just stupid though. One can engage with the thread without voting, and they can vote without engaging with the thread.

I mean if that's your concern then why not look at MMT who deliberately didn't vote in a way actually detrimental to the town

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

HOW CAN ANYONE READ THIS POST AS SINCERE

##unvote
##vote RF

Like come on this is scum posturing to try and push the over the edge

She was at -2 with a couple hours to go there isn't a whole lot to push there. It was a bit tongue in cheek too

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hah, it was a scum claim, in yo face

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

this is a stickup posted:

I was going to ask about this right as kash hammered. this hasn't sat right with me and I couldn't quite put my finger on why until then. you're careful with your votes in eccogames so you don't forget to unvote in a bad moment, okay.

makes sense on paper, but I feel like this doesn't really track. if you have the clarity to actively withhold your vote, as you remember you are in an ecco game, wouldn't you likely remember you need to unvote? or remember that, as you are an ecco game, the safe move would be to tack an unvote onto every vote, regardless of a vote being cast or not?

maybe in the heat of the moment you might forget, but someone will surely remind you in the thread (chores(?) did this for me last game). I feel like not voting much is not inherently scummy, but the reason you gave feels like it was thought up retroactively. did you forget to unvote at a crucial moment in the past at some point? can you link an example of an ecco game where you didn't really toss votes around?

I'm pretty conservative with my votes in general. I'll toss out a couple joke votes but I do have a tendency to hold off, it's just that I do it moreso in Ecco games.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm also down with an MMT vote. I agree Kash looks bad but he straight up looks TOO bad to actually be scum.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No I'm better as scum I'm just bad in general

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote MMT I think the original case is still good and I don't buy Kash as scum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Specifically, forcing the no lynch on D1 is double plus bad. Also just general bad vibes and the whole casing of Asiina which seemed in bad faith

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Not particularly, should it have?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Max posted:

MMT throwing another scum buddy under the bus to save herself doesn't make much sense to me.

:shrug: I've done it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Especially considering Rarity had more or less checked out, assuming she either hadn't been in the scumdoc for a while, or had and basically said "I give up one of you should just take me down for cred" then it fits

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

Especially considering Rarity had more or less checked out, assuming she either hadn't been in the scumdoc for a while, or had and basically said "I give up one of you should just take me down for cred" then it fits

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That particular part of the case includes that as a possibility yes, but you go ahead and misinterpret it however you'd like

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This game literally hinges on making guesses about things we don't know.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Like, Rarity didn't even get dunked off that Murmur vote. Murmur moved off soon after, and Rarity got dunked because of TNL and I. If your theory is "Rarity asked to be offered up as a sacrificial lamb", you should be coming after me.

Well, I don't think you're scum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dogmother I'm not following your point at all, why would anyone need to convince you of your own alignment?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey sorry for being extra lurky, we found a mail order edible place and I spent the weekend waaayyy too high to do anything.

This post caught my eye though

Dick Bastardly posted:

This is actually a really good point.

The alternative I suppose is that your SK.

It looks like this may have been covered already and I'm still catching up, but I straight up don't see how DB would have thought there was an SK here without being scum. Be it some kind of really good doc or a weird nk mechanic or whatever, there's no earthly reason for him to jump to SK and I think it's an honest to God scum slip.

##vote dick

I can excuse the awkward as gently caress jokes and stuff but this is a big old beacon to me.

Also that's -1 by my count

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

I guess my memory was bad :v:

I really do want someone to come forward to explain why ypm is dead

SK makes the most sense given DB's slip

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Max posted:

That was either him really looking for one or trying to make it seem like there are no scum left after him.

So he made it up and the scum killed ypm as a gambit?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The issue I have with mmt as an SK is that her kill choices don't make a lot of sense. I mean I guess that's the idea, but you'd think she'd have gone for Asiina or me or someone who was on her.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't like making a mod meta case and guessing at setups based on other setups the mod has run, but I am a okay with a chores vote, it's not like he's been Mr.Town

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

this is a stickup posted:

I don't think it's really a mod meta case to consider the possibility when we have 1 kill/night, dead town and scum, all vanilla flips, and scum curious about an sk.

likewise, the theory doesn't seem like it would be a repeated game to me. swan song had a lot going on. speaking of which, RF what was up with that visitor breadcrumb?

What breadcrumb?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh no that was just me making fun of Ecco

EccoRaven posted:

Instead of saying some variation of "confirm" type the following sentence (capitalizing the first letter of each word):

I understand that if I do not unvote the mod will not count a revote unless I am a doublevoter.

So I posted it but in alphabetical order.

I'm VT

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

We probably just have the one SK left (pretty sure it's been 3 dead Mafia so far) so I think this a good plan. I'm good with either MMT or Chores so we do one today and if the game doesn't end, the other tomorrow.

Anyone else want to add anything or shall I hammer MMT now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Alright well then we either win, or go for Chores if there's a tomorrow.

##vote MMT

:redhammer:

• Locked thread