Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Instruments made from dead animals are the only instruments I'll play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I would like to request to not die D1/N1. Thank you, god bless.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I will triumph, you wait and see. :argh:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Make me a killer cop, that would be cool.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
The future me came back in time to tell me I'm a cool cop that murders, and I was like :hfive:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Split is nice, Dubrovnik better. I smelt someone smoking weed in Trogir. I will go back to Trogir and track that person down and force them to smoke weed with me someday.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I find chores' fascination with ethnicity and names in this game weird. I don't like it.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

This looks like a game opinion, but isn't.

##vote dick

I admit I have not been as engaged as I like to be so far, but my vacation is over and work is cutting into what would otherwise be quality mafia time because, lets face it, I am a loser with no life. My motivation for that scant observation was that Ecco had stated in the OP (which has been edited when the game began) that player's name flavor is generated randomly. So I felt that chores was sort of falsely leading town astray with any content that focused on something we know to be arbitrary to alignment.

Something else that's bothering me is the fact that YPM has more or less admitted to generating a false case (claimed frustration at other player's ability to "see through it") which I find unsettling.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Kashuno posted:

Let's not even dip our toes into flavor spec day 1 please

My point exactly. Chores' ethnicity poo poo isn't going to help us find scum.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Max posted:

Chores famously nailed scum based on a flavor name once so now he always does it.

That has nothing to do with this game though...?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

That has nothing to do with this game though...?

To clarify, yes chores my be "doing it" but we know that name flavor doesn't have poo poo to do with alignment in this game.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Max posted:

In a meta sense, it does. Chores going down the flavor name rabbit hole is null read for me. Honestly, him shitposting like his life depended on it is sadly common and annoying but I've given up caring about it when it happens.

You engaged it though.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

The Ninth Layer posted:

I would consider voting stickup today. The posts I have seen were not great.

:same:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote stick

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
It's probably too late for me at this point, but lynching me today is a mistake. CC's vote is lazy and I expect better :colbert: Perhaps something too look at. I honestly feel that stick had put a joke vote down on me as scum knowing it wouldn't be hard to get momentum going for my cuddle. As you all can see, it's apparent that this is true. Talk about tossing poo poo to see what sticks, it's a little too easy. I also feel that YPM is weird (although not having played with him/her before) for the whole walkback thing. If you all want to lynch a town today, keep the present course.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asiina posted:

There isn't really a case on Dick, right?

This is the only vote I see with actual reasoning behind it

I explained my point behind the post that this "case" is based upon. Ecco doesn't tie her "name flavor" with alignment, so why is chores so concerned with name/ethnicity. But it was pointed out that chores just... does that kind of thing and it was put to rest more or less. If thats the only real case on me, then this a sad day for this town.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

dogmother1776 posted:

it was 4-4 stickup/dick and you were voting stickup

then you voted dick "cause he was the vote leader" or something

excellent point.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CCKeane posted:

Yes. There was enough to move him closer to a vote if I voted Dick.

I'll throw this at you: why are you, so close to/after deadline, NOT voting for the vote leader and risking a no vote, hmmm?

dogmother1776 posted:

##unvote

##vote Dick Bastardly

:confuoot:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CCKeane posted:

Could have put stick ahead.

OK, that actually makes sense. :toot:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asiina posted:

When we're at 3 minutes to deadline, not 20 minutes.

With it being floating I mean... this discussion should not stop.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

EccoRaven posted:

It was a good hustle.

THE DAY ENDS WITH NO HANGING

Night actions ASAP.

Oh, ok. Nevermind.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I hate to say this but I agree with YPM. The way I figure, this early in the game, it would make more sense for scum to hammer a townie and then kill off another that night instead of leaving a townie alive for a no-lynch, and kill a townie that night. Think about it, the benefit of a no-lynch is essentially numbers right? Scum is very likely to successfully NK a townie in the night so why not lynch one too. Of course the theory that MMT and I are scum and it was just a measure to save me is plausible, but I am not scum so... I think it's likely that MMT believed her conviction and apparently she read into me something about a role bread crumb so I think it's something town MMT would do. Perhaps MMT has a good reason to take that risk. It is unfortunate that a town was indeed successfully NK'd last night.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I see that point Kash, but either way you look at it, town will try to put the pieces together on what MMT's motive was in that critical circumstance. I just think that she'd be damned if she did, damned if she didn't in that situation. She'd look just as bad (not necessarily "scummy" but bad) to immediately come back off of her stance to hammer me and then for me to flip town to boot.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
MMT could very well be scum, but I think the obvious thing to do would be to hammer me if she was scum. Perhaps what transpired is a part of some multi-layer meta play so it's still in the air I suppose. It will be really interesting to she how she responds to all of this.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

this is a stickup posted:

the silliest part about all this is the kayprez role pm is not actually bigger. from the endgame post of swans:

I think I made it bigger in my mind because it had the full town role pm attached as a fake claim

Kashuno posted:

Why would you post this unless you're scum

Stick, why'd you feel the need to justify your obviously jokey PM word count stuff?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

Stick, why'd you feel the need to justify your obviously jokey PM word count stuff?

Stick, just leaving this here for when you pop in later.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Nobody would have blamed Murmur Twin for hammering a townie to prevent a no lynch.

This, and the fact that she'd be killing a town during the day and presumably during the night, there's no way a scum MMT would not hammer IMO.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
The case on Rarity seems fairly solid. I have a good feeling about this.

##vote Rarity

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Seems legit, thank you.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
*crickets until ecco shows up unexpectedly and closes thread resulting in no-lynch*

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I went back to read Rarity to see interactions and I notice that Rarity made a point to paint chores in a town light. Curious.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
FL, what's your opinion on MMT thus far?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
:lol: Stick

I want to give you the benefit of the doubt that your reply wasn't explicitly provoked from MMT's post just now.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Ok, fair enough. I look forward to your :effortless: post.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

when did rarity check out

Rarity posted:

Eh, I can't be assed to defend myself. The only reason I didn't replace out of this game was cause I did that in Ecco's last game and didn't want to be a dick twice :/

Rarity posted this when the votes started stacking up. I think she was at - 4 I believe.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
When asked if it was essentially a scum-claim, she denied that but claimed apathy for playing the game at that point.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

yes, thank you, I'm aware of that post. That happened 24 hours after the post Max is pointing to and RF is talking about.

Good call. Yeah, RF's point doesn't really add up.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I think I get where RF is coming from now. Perhaps Rarity was prodded in the doc to participate and the response was one of "well...I probably won't participate to the degree that you're requesting, I actually wanted to replace out so perhaps one of you should start building a case on me to get town cred." MMT being the natural choice because of the heat the no-lynch generated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Like, Rarity didn't even get dunked off that Murmur vote. Murmur moved off soon after, and Rarity got dunked because of TNL and I. If your theory is "Rarity asked to be offered up as a sacrificial lamb", you should be coming after me.

I didn't read this until after my last post. So yeah, I guess if MMT didn't really lead the charge then RF's point is still flimsy.

• Locked thread