Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
How is it? I gotta say I'm sold on the concept. I've never eaten an actual entrée from Taco Bell so it'd be a first for me. The main obstacle for me is the fact that all the Taco Bells near me are combination KFC/Taco Bells. Now for chicken you think that would be good- but I'm grossed out by the idea of the "warming cupboard" that they let cooked chicken sit at semi-temp after its been cooked until it is sold. Maggots! Horror!

Any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
It was delicious and it's gone. You're asking about a thing that's already run its course.

God read a book idiot.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Dave_Indeed posted:

It was delicious and it's gone. You're asking about a thing that's already run its course.

God read a book idiot.

Hm that's funny because I could go get one right now if I wanted to, lol

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Naked chicken boob meat. I'm in.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
guess some folks just lack acquisition skills :smuggo:

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

how much of a fat loving loser are you if you are "sold" on this concept?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

epsilon posted:

Porcine.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

epsilon posted:

So fat I need someone to tell me how it is to see whether or not it's worth getting up for

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I'm thinking of picking up a DQ round ice cream cake on the way back too, if I go out

No occasion, just ballin'

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I'll give you a hint: you already know exactly what this will taste like

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
its mediocre as hell. an insult to the regular chalupa

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Zahgaegun posted:

I'll give you a hint: you already know exactly what this will taste like

the wild card is whether it'll be served warm or cold. It'll be better if it's hot

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Well hows a chalupa different from a loving taco

Which is the one with the cheese and then a soft tortilla wrapped around the hard tortilla?

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
thats the chalupa

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Nah, but pick me up some cinnie twisters

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

Grimey Drawer

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Which is the one with the cheese and then a soft tortilla wrapped around the hard tortilla?

They have a few things now that are just shells inside of shells but I think you mean the double decker

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
They have fries at Taco Bell too apparent;ly, I think the main reason Ive never gone is I'm not a fan of commercial ground beef, especially in non-patty form. Ever read The Jungle? :gonk:

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Welcome To The Jungle

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
We got 89c tacos

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
gently caress that

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

They have fries at Taco Bell too apparent;ly, I think the main reason Ive never gone is I'm not a fan of commercial ground beef, especially in non-patty form. Ever read The Jungle? :gonk:

Its nbd the majority of their ground beef is soy, and the remainder is made up of horse which provides a lot of vital nutrients

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Naked chick, en cha lupa

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Blue Train posted:

Its nbd the majority of their ground beef is soy, and the remainder is made up of horse which provides a lot of vital nutrients

I remember reading that Romania passed a law that after essentially thousands of years of unbroken tradition suddenly horses were not allowed on roads (lol) so all the old, now useless horses ended up as actual Ikea meatballs in the UK, which is why there was that big uproar a few years ago

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
As if the average Brit doesn't eat grosser poo poo than horse meat on a daily basis

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
well for Brits thats basically cannibalism

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Some taco bell food isnt bad for fast food. Like a basic taco. I mean it's a taco shell, its some meat stuff, some lettuce and cheese. Nothing deep fried or soaked in oil or from a bag of lab goo.

Tortilla with some beans in it, same deal. Or to combine both, the taco with the beans and tortilla wrapped around the outside. Gotta be better for you than a big mac and fries.

A taco where the shell is made from industrially liquefied machine-formed chicken meat that is deep-fried back to a solid consistency is probably not such a good idea.

Anyway i've been eating non-deep-fried taco bell poo poo on and off for years. It's pretty good for fast food.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It's consistently rated as one of the top munchie/drunchie destinations, I usually eat where I'm drinking (home)

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
kfc nashville hot chicken

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

It's lame, go for the Triple Double Crunchwrap like you know what the gently caress you're supposed to be doing at Taco Bell.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I had one of 'em. It was better than the KFC Double Down. The chalupa came with like a little cardboard holder thing so you could pick it up without having to touch the actual thing. It was pretty mediocre, though. Something to try once on a whim and then just get your usual on your next visit.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
OP you can't get one they discontinued that poo poo, go to hell

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I tried to get one the week after but they had discontinued it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
OPs a liar and should literally be banned unless he comes back with a Naked Chicken Chalupa as he claims he can. This level of trolling should not be allowed in GBS

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Well hows a chalupa different from a loving taco

That would be the Cheesy Gordita Crunch, the only known clinically proven substitute for human sexual gratification.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

MageMage posted:

That would be the Cheesy Gordita Crunch, the only known clinically proven substitute for human sexual gratification.

That's the poo poo right there. Then what's a Quesalupa???

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug
100% of the total chicken content of the naked chicken chalupa is probably chicken or maybe chicken themed soy substrate product and cellulose

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

MageMage posted:

The Cheesy Gordita Crunch! :worship::worship:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

If you're going to Taco Bell and buying any menu item that isn't the Cheesy Gordita Crunch then I don't know what the gently caress to tell you.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
They put something in the cheesy gordita crunch, similar to the chicken quesadilla (also yummy :yum: ) that gives it a little spicy boost. I think it might be cumin? Aficionado input is welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It was ok but surprisingly small like smaller than their normal tacos

• Locked thread