Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Stowaway woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
##vote infinitum

Just lol if we turbo infinitum in back to back games without him being around

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

anyone who refuses is scum imo

Your logic is bulletproof kreiger san

Pod where did you get these sick pics for the pms?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

got some chores tonight posted:

lol what game was he turbod in

Cant talk about it rn

How far in are you?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

we are all caleb

Who among us wasnt found shoeless in the m&ms store in times square

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Second Mate's Log: Day 3
++++++++++++++++++++

We have been sailing on this ocean for what may have been months. I do not know, for I only just arrived in this body three days ago. Of all the people to project my consciousness into, apparently the only one suitable was a middle aged, inexperienced but competent second mate. And to think that I abandoned my wizard's tower for this! Fortunately, I suspect that none of the other passengers have caught on to my real identity, although there have been a few close calls. Just last night Pinterest Mom asked me where the mop was, and gave me a funny look when I told him it was "on the left side." With some quick thinking I blamed my inexperience, and then gave some competent orders in my middle-aged voice. Crisis averted.

That reminds me. I have yet to tell the crew of my premonition of disaster that brought me here in the first place. I debated long and hard about whether to attempt an astral projection simply for the sake of a boat. But I also had some heavy intense dreams about a boat sinking, over and over again, followed by a smoky, mushroom-shaped plume of ash. After several years of debating whether I should do something about it, I eventually flipped my staff. It came up heads, which is an unusual way for a staff to land, and I'm beginning to suspect that my apprentice Rufus may have secretly been loving with me in the process. But who am I to deny the tellings of a staff flip?

Some of the crew are giving me funny looks. But it is my penchant to scribe in my diary upon the deck, in full view of the open ocean. It calms my nerves, yes, ancient and mystical nerves that have been tempered in the fire of dragons and the blood of, uhm, dragons. One time I was in the middle of fighting a dragon, and I felt I had to fart really badly. My magical training and expertise reminded me that to pass gas while being assaulted by the burning demons of hell would be a fatal error. But a smart tactician defies convention. Just as the mighty beast swooped in for a chomp at my rump, I let rip a mighty gust that would have felled even the most deadly of ogres. A giant explosion furled out, engulfing and dare I say vaporizing my hated foe. It was a sight as impressive as its smell was rancid.

I close this entry with a few personal notes. One: be sure to tell the crew at some point about my premonitions of disaster befalling this ship. Two: stop eating so many beans, lest I spur the wrath of the attractive shipwrecked woman. Three: work on writing without speaking out loud.

Excellent. I loved your space marine in ths Aliens game

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
This is now mafia as an art form folks

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

Bow wow.

(I said what I said. It's unlikely to be completely scum and I'd wager that town is at the least, a major driver on it. What's the issue?)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Pinterest Mom posted:

this was always a vote about infinitum being a terrible player and not a "hilarious turbo"

It was a little from column a and a little from column b for me tbh

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

is this how caleb ends up in ny

after getting kidnapped by captain chores

You must be an expert at stealing candy then

The only reaction around this whole infinitum thing that i am not a fan of is

EccoRaven posted:

please vote for infinitum everybody. that is all I have to say today, see you all tomorrow :toot:

Other than that im p bored of it now

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

EccoRaven posted:

the stalling is because the window for it being a turbo has ended and now well-meaning (but ultimately harmful) townies/scum pretending to be townies are saying "wait hold up we can't vote for someone unless we think they're scum!" which is a good policy to have 93% of the time but alas this is one of those 7% of the times.

the people who follow mafia rules like that aren't wrong, since, again, 93% of the time they're doing the right thing, but without room for that 7% of nuance and compromises they can't do what needs to be done.

(what needs to be done is taking out the trash before we get into the weeds of the game. if we get lost in the weeds we'll have to sift through the trash, too, and that's just gross, I don't like rummaging through garbage if I can help it and neither do you all. So let's do the needful and call it a day.)

Okay cool ecco didnt leave for good then

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

EccoRaven posted:

I might as well have, I really don't want to have to figure mafia out while reading someone's garbage posts.

*looks at player list*

you are in for a frustrating game, best start drinking now

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also please use a nautical analogy for the infinitum lynch the trashcan one is ruining my immersion

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I would also accept some kind of time traveling analogy

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Somber, can you explain why voting Inf is a good vote?

Dick is this some kind of strange omen baby situation where you are in fact the devil-child and ruler of the scum

Because i feel like there is some kind of crazy plot twist in this tale

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Im honestly shocked that infinitum hasnt claimed anything. Normally he does so with little to no provocation

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Dick Bastardly posted:

pmom's explanation makes perfect sense for me. I wasn't really thinking about how Inf's likely future posting factors into it, I was more concerned with the push itself. Do you think I'm too easily persuaded?

Ya

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Flying Leatherman posted:

you dont find 100's stated reasoning worthy of comment?

the secret is that everyone has garbage posts, ecco

Not particularly taking it at face value atm.

I just didnt like how ecco excused herself for day

Also DB pmom seems sincere to me

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Dick Bastardly posted:

How do you feel about chores?

I find them annoying, repetitive and mind numbing

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

The person or the task? Bc that's how I feel about the task

Youve found me out anarc

The person is playing basically the same as it ever was

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

don't sign your posts

Do better

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
My parents are in Australia right now sending me vids of the toliets flushing

Nobody is talking about this

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Im thinking the twist is that the cargo is actually shine and we are in fact all participating in shine 4

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Jfc so many fevered egos itt

Hot takes, handle with care:

I think infinitum is a solid d1 lynch

-he has yet to claim (really odd for him)
-he hasnt offered any good alternatives but rather just tried to defend himself
-his flip will really tell a lot about who has been pushing for/against

I think 100yrs is rusty and its showing. His writing seems on par with his posting in the discussion thread and i am reading wishy washy sincerity from him. Overall im not super thrilled with his murder

I would much prefer to lynch someone like ecco or chores out of this whole mess.

Btw chores have you read your PM yet?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

EccoRaven posted:

and

are inconsistent for multiple reasons.

Not really

If we arent gonna lynch infinitum then i woupd prefer you or chores. Most preferably you

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

EccoRaven posted:

Then: why?

Your push feels the most like a smokescreen and you are pushing harder than anyone else. Additonally you are happy to no lynch

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
So, basically we have created this whole mess around infinitum and i would prefer that we just follow through and lynch him.

If we do not, i would prefer we lynch one of the following:

Ecco
Pmom
Chores

Of the three i would prefer Ecco.

What i do not want to do is lynch someone completely tertiary to this whole mess

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Somberbrero posted:

sorry, that was rude. what i meant was 'you're being kind of an rear end in a top hat here and i completely get it because i have played mafia with infinitum before, and outside of the whole policy dunk thing i think you're actually handling it pretty well, but my guess is that's why moat wants to vote you.'

Not a huge fan of this

Theres more but i guess you could say i just play mafia 'from the hip'

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I've been sent from the future to Lynch scum and save the Mary Celeste

But now ive changed my mind none of you are worth saving

*goes below deck to where the alcohol is kept*

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
He's like the doctor from that short story by Stephen King that slowly amputates all his Limbs and eats them until he dies

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also I don't think we should Lynch the doc even if it is infinitum

##unvote

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

we're carrying denatured alcohol, y'know

You tread upon my dreams chores tread Softly

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I have strong role-based reason to believe there is no doctor in the game.

Okay now this is getting interesting

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I just unvoted when inf claimed doc

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Can you self doc inf? Whats your flavor

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Chores whats your scum read on slam?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Yeah whos in thread rn?

Can we make a lynch?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Pinterest Mom posted:

no, we're killing inf today. he's scum.

What guarantee do i have you wont go

Pinterest Mom posted:

I lied

:angel:

Tomorrow

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

nah id rather not vote our uncc'd doctor just cuz some petty bitches dont want him in the game

But yeah what about slamburger is scummy to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Yeah the only thing i agree with is the infinitum thing

##vote slamburger

• Locked thread