Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Yeah yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm obviously the dog.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Also sup with this turbo on infinitum? I don't like it. 3 or 4 votes okay it's funny but this is too many to be a good joke

Meow Bark.

(I am secretly a cat dressed as a dog. That said, this post is a bit too on the nose for me, particularly since a 7 vote turbo is unlikely to be solely scum. This seems like a set up post.)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Infinitum posted:

No really CCKeane

A 7 vote turbo is unlikely to be completely scum you say?

##vote CCKeane

Bow wow.

(I said what I said. It's unlikely to be completely scum and I'd wager that town is at the least, a major driver on it. What's the issue?)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Man I don't actually mind Infi.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Infinitum posted:

You're a dog tho, you like everyone.

*Purrs*

(Haha yes I am a dog and not a cat haha yes.)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Slamburger posted:

Since D1 turbos are a Bad Idea, let me change the subject and elicit some content:

Since flavor is important in this game, do people have any preconceived alignment opinions about any of the characters?

I'll put it out there that I don't trust the people that weren't part of the original departure roster. This is primarily CCK, Fisk, and Moat, and to a lesser extent the shipwrecked people.

Arf arf.

(I have no hands.)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Slamburger posted:

You want me to scumclaim? I don't get it.

*Pants*

(This an incredible post)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

the flavor discussion is silly and a little scummy. obviously pod isn't going to let us determine who is scum just by who has what flavor.

Ruff, ruff, meow

(I agree entirely, especially since the character everybody is playing is so open)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

*shrugs, writes "mast" in some spilled flour, whines until Ninth walks by*

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

if you're one of the eleven people not voting infinitum, can you explain why? i'm not saying that it's unequivocally the right choice, i'd just like to hear the explanation.

*flicks tail dismissively*

(I don't mind playing with Infi. If weight of the vote is against him, that's fine, but I don't really approve of eliminating somebody for reasons so far removing from alignment calls.)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

got some chores tonight posted:

i am the captain on this ship and my word is law

cross me and you shall hang

*whines*

(Chores claiming to be Huckabee's son)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bow meow

(I find the stalling on Inf pretty interesting. I'm wondering if scum were trying to push for momentum and found it stalling. Or if Infi is scum himself)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

no, now you are my spiteful son.

i'm not saying that day one discussion is never useful. town nailed scum in Over The Garden Wall day one. However, what's happening with inf is way more interesting than anything else right now. Just because the vote started as a joke/turbo whatever doesn't mean the results aren't interesting or valid. for instance

yeah, absolutely. when i say i want an explanation of why people aren't voting inf, this is why. like, sure you can chill and try to drum up other discussion, but there are a lot of inferences you can draw from this aggressive voting pattern and dismissing it out of hand is no good.

Arffffft

(Yeah, I can see where you're coming from now, and I agree that it's a worthwhile avenue to pursue.)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

zzyzx you're still around?! I told everybody that you died. I told everybody that you died mugging an old lady.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

(I mean)

Bow meow

(zzyzx you're still around?! I told everybody that you died. I told everybody that you died mugging an old lady.)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Arffffffft.

(I keep telling you I'm not a cat in a dog costume jeez)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bow Meow.

(This is one of, if not the most unproductive argument I've seen.)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

*hisses*

(Hmm hmm, now this is something)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Slamburger

Alright.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote 100 years

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

got some chores tonight posted:

just look at the flow of this game how obvious it is that slamburger is scum and that scum are just kind of switching off infi to go to another town target (100yrs)

I'd prefer slam to 100 but only a couple of minutes left.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

:sureboat: The day has ended in a no lynch. It is twilight for the next however long while I prepare end of day posts. Once I start posting again, please stop. :sureboat:

*whines*

(SO IF WE STOP POD FROM POSTING, WE CAN POST FOREVER)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

*confused sigh*

(I'd really like to hear ecco's reasoning on chores)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bark bark fft

(Slasher hawke is a weird loving kill)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Woof Woof.

(Hello friends.)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

##vote CCKeane

Keane has only been marginally participatory, but he's clearly following and reading the thread. He strikes me as an interested player that's letting everyone else tear themselves apart. The only types to want that, would be scum plus he's not hunting for scum though he acts like he is.

He's quick to denounce the vote on Infinitum but then gives us this great equivocation allowing him to accept the vote on Infinitum but giving him an out later on:

One of this contentless content-like posts:

We're given a reasonable opinion with absolutely no follow up. It's somber who takes this up mostly and gets called as scum for ultimately deciding that it's scum preventing Infinitum from hanging.

Note he hasn't voted yet and he shows up to be around for the critical period at the end of D1. He comments on how the argument Ecco is giving Bastardly is unproductive, and later finds the doc claim interesting, which is strange since he never had voted for infinitum let alone anyone. Why would he particularly care what Inf claims if he's not going that way to begin with?

He finally votes Burger, on what seems to be Chores request, but never had Keane shown in inclination for Burger. He votes me in the end to avoid the no-execution stating he prefers burger (why?).

Keane never made any claims, kept to neutral fairly obvious commentary, and only showed up to vote just to vote despite clearly being around the whole game. He's hiding something. He's hiding the fact that he's scum!

As an afterthought here we get Keane trying to get us to think about the NK, ultimately pointless WIFOM, again contributing without actually doing so.

Arf arf

*rolls over, exposing adorable belly*

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Keane bark once for a PR

bark twice if you love me

Bark Bark Bark.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

IllegallySober posted:

Okay, I'm caught up finally.

I read the frustration for Infinitum towards the end of D1 as genuine but whether that's frustrated town at being tunneled incorrectly, or whether it's frustrated scum at being tunneled while happening to be scum, I'm not sure.

I do think that we have to resolve the PMom/Infinitum claim today.

This argument makes sense to me. Inf, you'd have been better to stay with the initial doctor claim, as opposed to going back and trying to modify what you meant later. I don't feel like it would have been that difficult to claim this role you're describing D1 but without more details on why you felt people wouldn't understand it D1 but would now, this seems real bad to me.

##vote Infinitum

Arf arf.

(This a scum post.)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

*whines*

(Pmom seems in pretty deep on a lot of bullshit but it's absolutely a null tell. Move I'd like to see, if I'm commander of the game, is to move on from Inf and PMom since the conflict started very early and would likely result in a resolution. We may be able to draw some conclusions from both of them claiming a power role and neither dying, but I'm unsure as to the actual benefit in resolving this today, particularly since the fighting on this issue is largely relatively useless in terms of gathering alignment information. Also pee pee poo poo.)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

*licks self*

(I'd probably pursue the breakdown of 100/slam that happened last night and did not meet a resolution. But alas, I am bowling.)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

Second Mate's Log: Day 15
+++++++++++++++++++++

The last few days have passed much as the first several days have. Pinterest Mom and Infinitum seem content as ever to fight among each other, but I remain unconvinced that there is substance beyond just hurt feelings to their debate. Pinterest Mom's chief allegation is that because he is a healer, Infinitum cannot also be. But I have personally played in several missions where there were more than one protective role among the crew, and feel we may be in a similar situation here. Discussions about Infinitum claiming his role's function rather than his role's background first seem academic and rather thin to me.

I have spent some time reflecting on the end of the previous day and one thing that strikes me is Dick Bastardly's utter refusal to vote anyone besides 100yrs, even at the expense of our heavily-planned diving contest. This was a vote that could have gone toward ensuring we had at least some entertainment after a long and dreary time at sea, but instead Dick Bastardly found an arbitrary reason to support one candidate over others.

##unvote ##vote Dick Bastardly

*sneezes*

(This logic would seem to lead to Slamburger as a top candidate. Why would you go Dick over Slam?)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bow Meow.

(I agree with Ninth.)

##vote: Dick

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Dick Bastardly posted:

Keane, do you have anything to add to the case against me other than a "me too"?

*shakes head no.*

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ruff.

(In the sense that you're frequently uncomfortably turgid to the dismay of common people, sure.)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Arf arf.

(Voting Inf​ is foolishness. A case and momentum developed on him for out of game reasons and it is being pushed hard. I don't think Inf is scum.)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bow Meow.

(Somebody mentioned illegally sober, who replaced in for Anarc. I would vote them as well.)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

IllegallySober posted:

Sure you will.

I haven't played a ton with you but this isn't at all how I recall you acting when we were on the 3P team in our last game and I want this resolved.

##vote PMom

*Hisses*

(IS is scum.

Trying to off a doctor clain with a plausible argument. I don't like it!)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You should know by now I follow a request if politely asked. Brow-beating won't get you anywhere.

Bastardly why do you ask about my role? As far as you should be concerned I'm vanilla.

*yawns adorably*

(I humbly request that you not follow this request)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

*scratches ear*

(I like DB or IS for a vote right now.)

• Locked thread