Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Defense plays:
Prosecution Witness: Dr. John H. Willoughby (2 Action Points)

Trial in Chief Event: +1 Evidence of Insanity
Summation Event: +/- 3 to the Catholic aspect with 1 in the opposite direction to the Protestant aspect.

Jurors
(DAPs are Deliberation Action Points: they will help the juror sway other jurors during the jury deliberation phase).

#2: French Protestant. Occupation peeked by defence 1 DAP, 3 Sway Spaces, 1 Defense Sway
#3: English Protestant. Occupation peeked by defence 1 DAP, 4 Defense Sway LOCKED
#4: French Merchant. Religion peeked by prosecution. 1 DAP, 4 Sway Spaces
#5: English Catholic Farmer 1 DAP, 4 Prosecution Sway LOCKED
#8: Farmer. Language Hidden. Religion peeked by prosecution. 2 DAP, 5 Sway Spaces
#9: English Catholic Government Employee 2 DAP, 5 Sway Spaces

Evidence:
(need at least 2 guilt or otherwise case is thrown)

Guilt: 1
Insanity: 1

Traits:
(range one to 10, higher values mean leaning towards guilty)

Religion Trait:
Protestant: 4 *
Catholic 3

Language Trait:
English 4 *** LOCKED
French 5

Occupation Trait:
Farmer 3 **
Merchant 5
Government 5

Officers Recalled can be played

Revealed Summation Cards

Prosecution
Prosecution Witness: Major Crozier (3 Action Points)

Trial in Chief Event: 1. Either move by two (either direction) the Farmer aspect and 1 Moment of Insight (both sides) OR 2. -2 to French aspect and Moment of Insight (Defence).
Summation Event: -1 or +1 Evidence of Guilt and move by 1 (either direction) any aspect

Defense
Defense Witness: Doctor Francois Roy (3 Action Points)

Jury Selection Events: Peek at any 2 Trait markers.
Trial in Chief Events: +1 to Evidence of Insanity, -2 to the French aspect, and -2 each to the Protestant and Catholic Aspects.
Summation Events: 1. Either +1 to Evidence of Insanity OR 2. -2 each to any three aspects except English.

Action Queue:
-- Prosecution: Play Card for Event or Action Points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Exhibit A, Mr. Ross. He states that Mr. Riel and his cohorts have ties with the American government to influence the Canadian elections! I see no reason not to believe his claims.

code:
Card 4:
 Prosecution Witness: Harold Ross (3 Action Points)

Trial in Chief Event: 1. Either +1 Evidence of Guilt and +1 to any one aspect; OR 2. +/- 2 to any one aspect.
 Summation Event: 1. Either +1 each to the English and Government aspects; OR 2. -1 each to the Farmer and French aspects.
+1 guilt, +1 english

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Did I ever tell you about the time Louis Riel attended Mass on December 8th 1876, and God spoke to him? God chose him to be the Divine Leader of the Métis and was to lead them to their promised land. He created the Exovede, which means Chosen from the Flock, of council members. To them, Riel was a Prophet in the service of Jesus Christ.

And I look at the jurors as i tell them this. They are LOVING it for some reason. They must be true believers, in not only our Lord, but also Louis Riel.

Play Exovede, -2 Protestants, -1 Catholics.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Defense plays:
Defense Testimony: Exovede (2 Action Points)

Trial in Chief Event: +/- 2 to the Protestant aspect and +/- to the Catholic aspect.
Summation Event: +/- 1 each to the Protestant and Catholic aspects.

Jurors
(DAPs are Deliberation Action Points: they will help the juror sway other jurors during the jury deliberation phase).

#2: French Protestant. Occupation peeked by defence 1 DAP, 3 Sway Spaces, 1 Defense Sway
#3: English Protestant. Occupation peeked by defence 1 DAP, 4 Defense Sway LOCKED
#8: Farmer. Language Hidden. Religion peeked by prosecution. 2 DAP, 5 Sway Spaces

Evidence:

Guilt: 2

Traits:

Religion Trait:
Protestant: 2 *
Catholic 2

Language Trait:
English 5 *** LOCKED
French 5

Occupation Trait:
Farmer 3 **
Merchant 5
Government 5

Revealed Summation Cards

Prosecution

Trial in Chief Event: 1. Either move by two (either direction) the Farmer aspect and 1 Moment of Insight (both sides) OR 2. -2 to French aspect and Moment of Insight (Defence).
Summation Event: -1 or +1 Evidence of Guilt and move by 1 (either direction) any aspect

Defense

Trial in Chief Events: +1 to Evidence of Insanity, -2 to the French aspect, and -2 each to the Protestant and Catholic Aspects.
Summation Events: 1. Either +1 to Evidence of Insanity OR 2. -2 each to any three aspects except English.

Action Queue:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Honeyed words may bring you closer to the kingdom of heaven, but cold hard evidence is the realm of man. And I've got evidence up the cornhole.

code:
Card 1:
 Prosecution Witness: Thomas E. Jackson (2 Action Points)

Trial in Chief Event: 1. Either +1 Evidence of Guilt and +1 to any aspect; OR 2. +2 to the English aspect; OR 3. +/- 1 to the Farmer Aspect and +/- 1 to the Government aspect.
 Summation Event: +1 each to the English and Government aspects, -1 to the Farmer aspect and +/- 2 to the Merchant Aspect.
+1 guilt, +1 farmer

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Jurors

Evidence:

Guilt: 3 (All unlocked jurors get 1 Prosecution sway after summation)

Traits:

Religion Trait:
Catholic 2

Language Trait:
English 5 *** LOCKED
French 5

Occupation Trait:
Farmer 4 **
Merchant 5
Government 5

Revealed Summation Cards

Prosecution

Defense

Action Queue:
-- Defense: Play Card for Event or Action Points

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
William Tonkins is a diplomat who can bridge the peoples of different tongues and faiths. His Testimony on behalf of Louis Riel, as a friend to English Merchant and French Farmers alike, would never do anything to harm either nation or its people.

His sway was so convincing, even the Prosecution were under his spell. So I peaked a glimpse at his documents.

-2 to English and French. Insight for the Defence, SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Fat Turkey posted:

William Tonkins is a diplomat who can bridge the peoples of different tongues and faiths. His Testimony on behalf of Louis Riel, as a friend to English Merchant and French Farmers alike, would never do anything to harm either nation or its people.

His sway was so convincing, even the Prosecution were under his spell. So I peaked a glimpse at his documents.

-2 to English and French. Insight for the Defence, SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT.
You can't get -2 to both English and French with the event on that card.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Or, really, to either of them. It's only occupation traits that are affected.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Oh i missed that bit. I wrote it down as any trait in my notes. I'll amend it as a new post.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Please excuse the lack of flavour
My tardiness is bad behaviour
The traits to reduce, this is quite urgent
Are the farmers, and the merchants.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Please bear witness to the fact
That you lack a lot of tact
Since the trait is only one
Change your turn so you are done

quote:

Prosecution Witness: William Tomkins (3 Action Points)

Trial in Chief Event: +/-2 to any Occupation Trait aspect, and 1 moment of insight (either side).
Summation Event: +/- 2 to the Government Aspect, and +/- 2 to the Merchant Aspect and 1 in the opposite direction to the Farmer aspect.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

There was once the attorney of Riel
Who could not win a single Appeal
As much as he tried
He couldn't even abide
That his client had refused the plea deal

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 14:51 on May 12, 2017

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
I'm really sorry, I've been trying to wing it on my phone as i was at a wedding and obviously wasn't reading it all properly. Drop just the farmers by two. By this evening I will be back home and I'll rewrite up what my cards actually say.

A clear sign of madness spreading amongst the defence, clearly sourced by excess insanity from my client. Wibble.

Fat Turkey fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 12, 2017

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Jurors

Evidence:

Traits:

Religion Trait:
Catholic 2

Language Trait:
English 5 *** LOCKED
French 5

Occupation Trait:
Farmer 2 **
Merchant 5
Government 5

Revealed Summation Cards

Prosecution

Prosecution Version: A matter of $35,000 (2 Action Points)

Trial in Chief Event: -1 to Evidence of Insanity and +2 to the French aspect.
Summation Event: -1 to Evidence of Insanity and +1 each to the French, Catholic and Farmer aspects.

Defense

Action Queue:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Clearly the defense, and maybe the judge as well, are possessed. Father Andre, if you would...

code:
Neutral Witness: Father Alexis Andre (3 Action Points)

Trial in Chief Event: +/- 2 to the French aspect, and +/- 2 to the Catholic aspect, and +/- 2 to the Farmer aspect.
 Summation Event: +/- 1 to Evidence of Insanity 
THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU! THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU! THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU... to see the defendant guilty as sin. +2 French/Catholic/Farmer.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Jurors

Evidence:

Traits:

Religion Trait:
Catholic 4

Language Trait:
English 5 *** LOCKED
French 7

Occupation Trait:
Farmer 4 **
Merchant 5
Government 5

Revealed Summation Cards

Prosecution

Summation Event: -1 to Evidence of Insanity and +1 each to the French, Catholic and Farmer aspects.

Defense

Action Queue:
-- Defense: Play Card for Event or Action Points

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Quick question to our learned judge, and I'll respond forthwith.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
As my final witness i call to the stand Peter Tomkins. A difficult man, one taken to long periods of thought after each question. An unproductive session concluded with the admission that the accused wings La Marseillaise at the most inappropriate times, which seems to have gone down well with Juror number 4 in particular.

Use the two actions points to reduce French by 1 and sway Juror 4 by 1.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

With the final witness called, it was time for final summation. The judge called the Prosecution to start proceedings with their arguments to the Jury.

(Please note that cards not played for the Event can place 2 sway on unlocked Jurors ONLY)

Jurors

#4: French Merchant. Religion peeked by prosecution. 1 DAP, 3 Sway Spaces, 1 Defense Sway

Evidence:

Traits:

Religion Trait:
Catholic 4

Language Trait:
English 5 *** LOCKED
French 6 *

Occupation Trait:
Farmer 4 **
Merchant 5
Government 5

Revealed Summation Cards

Prosecution

Defense

Action Queue:
-- Prosecution: Play 3 cards for Summation (PLEASE INCLUDE AN ACTUAL CLOSING ARGUMENT)

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Also in the interest of speeding up play, If there is an objection, please post it after the person has posted all cards. I know this does allow you to pick and choose what card to object to, but I prefer this than playing cards one by one and having the other side say 'No Objection' all the time.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I have with me Major Crozier and Reverend Pitlabo, two beacons of the community representing both the law of man and the law of God. Both will attest that Louis Riel is a snake who sees an opportunity and moves in for the strike. This is not about crown or country, it is the promise of power that feeds him. Even the defense hesitates in arguing for his lack of sanity. See to it that this wolf-in-sheep’s-clothing cannot prey on the good people of this country again!

code:
Card 1:

Jury Selection Event: Reveal 3 Language or 1 Religion

Card 5:
 Prosecution Witness: Reverend Charles Pitblado (2 Action Points)

Trial in Chief Event: 1. Either -1 Evidence of Insanity; OR 2. peek at 2 Religion Trait markers and 1 Moment of Insight (Prosecution).
 Summation Event: +2 each to the English and Protestant aspects.

Card 6:
 Defense Attorney: Thomas Cooke Johnstone (2 Action Points)

Trial in Chief Event: 1. Defence can play in reaction to cancel a Prosecution Event 
OR 2. Play to remove all sway markers affecting one trait, and then move by 2 (in any direction) that aspect 
OR 3. Play to place 2 sway markers (total) on any Juror(s), even Locked ones.
 Summation Event: 1. Defence can play in reaction to cancel a Prosecution Event OR 2. Place 2 Sway markers (total) on Unlocked jurors (only) 
OR 3. Play to remove all Sway markers affecting one Juror, even a locked one, and then place one Sway marker on that Juror. 
+1 guilt, +1 English

+2 English and Protestant

Supersway juror #3

al-azad fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 15, 2017

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

"Defense, any objections?"

Jurors

#3: English Protestant. Occupation peeked by defence 1 DAP, 3 Sway Spaces, 1 Prosecution Sway
#4: French Merchant. Religion peeked by prosecution. 1 DAP, 3 Sway Spaces, 1 Defense Sway

Evidence:

Guilt: 4 (All unlocked jurors get 2 Prosecution sway after summation)

Traits:

Religion Trait:
Catholic 4

Language Trait:
English 8 *** LOCKED
French 6 *

Occupation Trait:
Farmer 4 **
Merchant 5
Government 5

Revealed Summation Cards

Prosecution

Defense

Action Queue:
-- Defense Play 6 cards for Summation (PLEASE INCLUDE AN ACTUAL CLOSING ARGUMENT)

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
No objections your honour! Is that all he has?

(I am aware three more are coming)

Preparing my final argument.

Fat Turkey fucked around with this message at 12:23 on May 16, 2017

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Members of the Jury, do not let the amateur dramatics of the Prosecution distract you from the evidence we have seen and heard today.

Prosecution Attorney Lt Col David Lynch Scott has given his all trying to reduce my clients credibility while maintaining his own, and yet he remains unable to follow such a consistent train of thought, that he has entered this courtroom wearing socks that very clearly do not match, a shirt with specks of blemish on the cuff and perculiarly long strand of nasal hair purtruding from his most unflattering feature. Where one you may have been convinced of his arguments, I hope you can see through the charlatan before you and his wicked lies.

Supersway Juror 5, from Pros Locked to 1 to Defence

We've heard from the accused's prison priest Father Vital Fourmond, who has sworn on the Bible before this court that Confession with this man has been to listen to the ramblings from that place between nightmare and fevered dream. He fears the Devil has claimed the sound mins of Louis Riel, and you the jury must know that sending Louis back to Him would make Le Bon Dieu displeased that you have forsaken his lamb.

+1 Insanity

I refer you again to the early evidence we presented that this is a Purely Constitutional Matter, and Louis's rise to glory is founded on not a mere misunderstanding or disregard for our legal ways, but an inability to process that he was not Jesus's chosen leader for the Métis, and that simply an organised letter writing and placard campaign would have achieved much more peaceful and successful results.

+1 Insanity

I will take a short break and return with my final three points in a couple of hours. Judge or Prosecution, please interject of there is an issue, otherwise i shall continue shortly.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Jurors

#3: English Protestant. Occupation peeked by defence 1 DAP, 3 Sway Spaces, 1 Prosecution Sway
#5: English Catholic Farmer 1 DAP, 3 Sway Spaces, 1 Defense Sway

Evidence:

Insanity: 3 (All aspects get -2)

Traits:

Religion Trait:
Catholic 4

Language Trait:
English 8 *** LOCKED
French 6 *

Occupation Trait:
Farmer 4 **
Merchant 5
Government 5

Revealed Summation Cards

Prosecution

Defense

Action Queue:
-- Prosecution: Object if possible
-- Defense Play 3 cards for Summation (PLEASE INCLUDE AN ACTUAL CLOSING ARGUMENT)

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Thank you your honour.

I turn once again to the testimony of the jailers, who declared in their whole time guarding him he never showed signs of being anything more than "several keys short of a set of keys", and i know this went down well with one of the jurors in particular

2 sway points on Juror 3 to bring him to +1 Defence

Second to last, his private physician Dr Francois Roy as shown the court the medical records, which show a consistent and substantial record of my client's history of madness and inability to distinguish between what is real and what is not. To treat those incapable of such thought as being guilty of their actions is to blame the sea for the encroaching tide, and any punishment will be just as futile

+1 Insanity

And finally we remember the man himself on the stand. If you fail to recall, he was the one with his underpants on his head, two pencils up his nose and would only respond with the word 'Wibble'. This is not an act and this courtroom is not a play, I am not not Shakespeare and vous ne sont pas Molière. But Molière put it best when he said...

"It is madness beyond compare to try to reform the world"

...and when Louis Riel stepped forth to change the world as he saw it, to reform the lives of his people, the only explanation for such action? Madness.

-2 to French and English for mad literature references

Your honour, the defence rests its case.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

"You've made your point, Attorney. Riel does seem madder than a march hare. Prosecution, any objections and closing statements, please"

Jurors

#3: English Protestant. Occupation peeked by defence 1 DAP, 3 Sway Spaces, 1 Defense Sway
#5: English Catholic Farmer 1 DAP, 3 Sway Spaces, 1 Defense Sway

Evidence:

Insanity: 4 (All aspects get -3)

Traits:

Religion Trait:
Catholic 4

Language Trait:
English 6 *** LOCKED
French 4 *

Occupation Trait:
Farmer 4 **
Merchant 5
Government 5

Revealed Summation Cards

Prosecution

Defense

Action Queue:
-- Prosecution: Play 3 cards for Summation (PLEASE INCLUDE AN ACTUAL CLOSING ARGUMENT)

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Fat Turkey posted:

Members of the Jury, do not let the amateur dramatics of the Prosecution distract you from the evidence we have seen and heard today.

Prosecution Attorney Lt Col David Lynch Scott has given his all trying to reduce my clients credibility while maintaining his own, and yet he remains unable to follow such a consistent train of thought, that he has entered this courtroom wearing socks that very clearly do not match, a shirt with specks of blemish on the cuff and perculiarly long strand of nasal hair purtruding from his most unflattering feature. Where one you may have been convinced of his arguments, I hope you can see through the charlatan before you and his wicked lies.

FYI I earlier observed Lt Col Scott stirring his coffee with a soup spoon.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Before the prosecution rests, I would like everyone to make note of this comically large burlap sack with a dollar sign on it. It contains $35,000. Given an average 2.5% yearly inflation rate, it would be worth nearly a million in 132 years or so. That's like... a bajillion loonies. This right here is what Riel was fighting for and we all know a love of money means you're a sane, rational human being.

Now as the jury retires, if some of this were to *whoops* fall into your pocket, well, please take that into consideration. Why even the defense's own attorneys agree that's a rational thing to do.

code:
Card 2:
 Prosecution Attorney: Britton Bath Osler (4 Action Points)

Jury Selection Event: If you are the Prosecution, peek at 4 Traits; If you are the Defence, peek at 2 Traits
 Trial in Chief Event: 1. Prosecution can play in reaction to cancel a Defense Event 
OR 2. Play to remove all sway markers affecting one trait, and then move by 2 (in any direction) that aspect 
OR 3. Play to place 4 sway markers (total) on any Juror(s), even Locked ones.
 Summation Event: 1. Prosecution can play in reaction to cancel a Defense Event 
OR 2. Place 4 Sway markers (total) on Unlocked jurors (only) 
OR 3. Play to remove all Sway markers affecting one Juror, even a locked one, and then place one Sway marker on that Juror.

Card 3:
 Defense Attorney: Francois-Xavier Lemieux (5 Action Points)

Trial in Chief Event: 1. Defence can play in reaction to cancel a Prosecution Event 
OR 3. Play to place 5 sway markers (total) on any Juror(s), even Locked ones.
 Summation Event: 1. Defence can play in reaction to cancel a Prosecution Event 
OR 2. Place 5 Sway markers (total) on Unlocked jurors (only) 

Card 4:

-1 insanity, +1 French/Catholic/Farmer

For Francois: 3 sway #9, 2 sway #5

For Britton: 2 sway #3, 2 sway #8

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

"Very good, very good. Now, may I remind the jury that the prosecution has successfully shown that Riel was the one to fire the first shot, and that evidence was brought forward to conclusively show that Riel was plotting to overthrow the Crown's government in the territories"

(All unlocked jurors get 2 sway)

"However, it is also worth noting that there is significant evidence that Riel was not all there in the head, and that he had delusions of being a prophet of Jesus along with severe migraines and moodswings that indicate a certain mental instability."

(All aspects get -2)

"I will now leave the Jurors to their deliberations"

(All traits are revealed)

Jurors

#2: French Protestant Farmer 1 DAP, 3 Sway Spaces, 1 Prosecution Sway
#3: English Protestant Farmer 1 DAP, 3 Sway Spaces, 3 Prosecution Sway
#4: French Catholic Merchant. 1 DAP, 3 Sway Spaces, 1 Prosecution Sway
#5: English Catholic Farmer 1 DAP, 3 Sway Spaces, 3 Prosecution Sway
#8: French Protestant Farmer 2 DAP, 1 Sway Spaces, 4 Prosecution Sway
#9: English Catholic Government Employee 2 DAP, 5 Prosecution Sway LOCKED

Evidence:

Traits:

Religion Trait:
Catholic 3

Language Trait:
English 4 *** LOCKED
French 3 *

Occupation Trait:
Farmer 3 **
Merchant 3
Government 3

Revealed Summation Cards

Prosecution

Defense

Action Queue:
-- Prosecution: Use Deliberation Action Points for Juror #9

(Please remember that DAPs can only place 1 sway on other juror per matching trait, or affect aspect tracks if they match that aspect)

al-azad
May 28, 2009

#9 brings a new outlook on the case, displaying for all to see that Riel is in fact sane. #3 and #5 are totally convinced with this line of thinking.
The newly locked #5 reveals he ate Boston baked beans for dinner and will fart in this cramped 5x5 until the cows come home, locking #8 who is secretly a werewolf with enhanced smelling.
Hopping on this bandwagon, #3 and #8 jointly convince #2 that even though leave from his overbearing wife was fun, she's been getting into his corn whisky stock this whole time. Protestant farmers gotta stick together.
#2 meekly jabs #4 (+1 sway), an Ontario native who can't read or write but whose baguettes are getting cold back home.

The prosecution awaits the verdict with a noose in hand.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

If you aren't going to lock a juror you might as well affect an aspect btw.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
That's false imprisonment surely?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Tekopo posted:

If you aren't going to lock a juror you might as well affect an aspect btw.

It would be overkill but sure, +1 farmer.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

The jurors return, having finished their deliberations.

Jurors

#2: French Protestant Farmer 1 DAP, 4 Prosecution Sway LOCKED
#3: English Protestant Farmer 1 DAP, 4 Prosecution Sway LOCKED
#4: French Catholic Merchant. 1 DAP, 3 Sway Spaces, 1 Prosecution Sway
#8: French Protestant Farmer 2 DAP, 5 Prosecution Sway LOCKED
#9: English Catholic Government Employee 2 DAP, 5 Prosecution Sway LOCKED

Evidence:

Traits:

Religion Trait:
Catholic 3

Language Trait:
English 4 *** LOCKED
French 3 *

Occupation Trait:
Farmer 4 *** LOCKED
Merchant 3
Government 3

Revealed Summation Cards

Prosecution

Defense

Verdict

One of the jurors stands up, a statement in his hand.

"Members of the jury find the defendant Louis Riel..."

Juror #2: (French) 3 + (Protestant) 2 + (Farmer) 4 = 9 * 2 (Prosecution Locked) = 18 + 4 (Prosecution Sway) = 22
Juror #3: (English) 4 + (Protestant) 2 + (Farmer) 4 = 10 * 2 (Prosecution Locked) = 20 + 4 (Prosecution Sway) = 24
Juror #4: (French) 3 + (Catholic) 3 + (Merchant) 3 = 9 + 1 (Prosecution Sway) = 10
Juror #5: (English) 4 + (Catholic) 3 + (Farmer) 4 = 11 * 2 (Prosecution Locked) = 22 + 4 (Prosecution Sway) = 26
Juror #8: (French) 3 + (Protestant) 2 + (Farmer) 4 = 9 * 2 (Prosecution Locked) = 18 + 5 (Prosecution Sway) = 23
Juror #9: (English) 4 + (Catholic) 3 + (Government Employee) 3 = 10 * 2 (Prosecution Locked) = 20 + 5 (Prosecution Sway) = 25

Total: 130

"Guilty of all charges. The Jury also recommends that the Defendant be hanged by the neck until dead."

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Good game. This was my first prosecution win out of 3 games and honestly I was sweating it until the end. You need an average of 17 points per juror to win so split among 3 traits it's almost 6 points per trait. As you can see not a single aspect is above 4 so the prosecution absolutely must lock half the jury to have a remote chance of winning. If the defense locks a single juror it's almost guaranteed 0 points so the prosecution's final three cards in the summation need to be high powered attorneys which means sacrificing cards to lower insanity which costs the prosecution ~12 points average per insanity above 1.

Haven't played defense yet but I think the best summation strategy, aside from pumping up insanity, is to use any banked attorneys to also lock jurors. I would then have to spend my last three cards to unlock them and evidence of guilt isn't quite as effective as insanity. I also think it's in the defense's best interest to kick out the 1DAP jurors even if they favor the defense because they're easier for the prosecution to lock and that's their only true way of winning.

Thanks for running the game Tekopo and thanks for playing Fat Turkey. I don't know if this game will replace 13 Days for me as a quick 2-player but they're sitting side-by-side on the shelf.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Yep, thanks for playing! I really enjoyed running this and it was interesting to see how the game plays out. I think my only issue with the game is that it seems a little bit draw-dependant because enemy events in your hand don't get played but I think it can even out somewhat.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
This was very cool to watch play out, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Tekopo posted:

Yep, thanks for playing! I really enjoyed running this and it was interesting to see how the game plays out. I think my only issue with the game is that it seems a little bit draw-dependant because enemy events in your hand don't get played but I think it can even out somewhat.

Hard to say without doing a count of all the cards but I feel like it evens out. I got some of the defense's best attorneys and all the guilt cards I needed to not worry about auto-losing, but the downside was that the defense could attack the aspects in a way I couldn't recover from. Unlike most CDGs you can ignore your opponent's event but events are universally better than the action points.

• Locked thread