Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

ok guess not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
what constitutes as a "line"? a sentence? a section separated by a line break?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

Can we use Discord voice chat to coordinate?

once the challenge begins, no.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

"Adus posted:

what constitutes as a "line"? a sentence? a section separated by a line break?

the last thing you said.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 14, 2017

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Another of our members from our sign up appears to be missing. Can we replace imgay with Mr. F!?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
Also, we aren't allowed to voice chat, but are we allowed to text chat?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Team Hulun seems to be missing the "Team" part.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
maybe this is a stupid question when you quote your tribemate, do you add your new line INSIDE the quote? or quote them and add the entire text again with your added line?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
yes, can we get a sample of what a "correct" post looks like?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mayor Glowku posted:

Also, we aren't allowed to voice chat, but are we allowed to text chat?

you cannot do any out of thread communication once the challenge is on.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

jivjov posted:

Seconding this request.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jivjov posted:

Imagine this is the body of text you'd be working with

John Cena suuuuucks

He really suuuuucks

John Cena suuuuucks

John Cena suuuuucks

The way this would start out, Player One would simply just post the first line, no quotes needed.

Player One's Post:

John Cena suuuuucks

Player two would then quote that line, repeat it, and then add the next line, like so

Player Two's Post:

Player One posted:

John Cena suuuuucks
John Cena suuuuucks
He really suuuuucks

Player Three would then quote THAT, add the next appropriate line, and this process repeats until the entire body has been completely quoted. Like so:

Player Three's Post:

quote:

John Cena suuuuucks
He really suuuuucks
John Cena suuuuucks
He really suuuuucks
John Cena suuuuucks

and so on until the entire body is finished with no errors

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 13, 2017

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Alright probst/cena/grody/PERSON

I am ready

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
if we finish can we start over just in case or do we stop until a call is made?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Bonesaw is ready

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I'm SUBBING in:::::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajrVFwlyKtI

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alright guys, teams have been selected, the time for questions is over. I don't know if anyone is skimming the rules instead of reading them but to make things interesting, you're going to do this in backwards order starting from the bottommost text and adding the above block.

HERE WE GO

quote:

Walt knocked on Jesse's door. No answer. He hadn't expected any. The last time he saw Jesse, he had been laid up in the RV after being beaten to a pulp by Tuco. Slowly, Walt pushed open the door. He was always a little afraid of what he would find behind Jesse's door, to be honest; he worried about the kid. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

"Jesse," He called out. No answer. Walt made his way through the living room and up the stairs to Jesse's room. The door was open, so Walt stepped in. Jesse was lying in bed, wide awake, staring up at him. "What do you want?" He demanded grumpily.

"No, nothing, I just…came to see how you were doing," Walt said. "What, you break into my house to see how I'm doing?" Jesse demanded, tugging the covers in a lame attempt to cover the wide bandage that was wrapped around his shirtless form.

"No, you got a pretty good rear end kicking and I feel like I could have stopped it," Walt said, "I'm sorry. I just, do you need help with anything?" "I don't need anybody's help!" "Want me to make you an omelet?" Jesse bit his lip. He hadn't eaten for at least a day. "Yeah, omelet sounds good."

"Okay," Walt lingered for a minute, "Jesse, are you sure you're okay?" "I'm fine," Jesse grumbled, wincing in pain as he tried to sit up with his broken ribs. Wordlessly, Walt reached out his hand. Jesse looked at the ground as he took Walt's hand to pull himself up. "Yo, what kind of omelet are you making?" Jesse asked from the kitchen counter.

"Uh, well, cheese, you got some onions here, and uh, what is this bologna? Do you ever grocery shop?" "It hasn't been high on my priority list, you know, with all the cooking and having my rear end kicked and all." "Point taken. I'll swing by the store later today and pick you up a few things." When Walt finished the omelet, Jesse picked at it slowly, dragging it around his plate with the fork. "None for you?"

"No, I ate already," Walt said, "I just wanted to make sure you were eating." "Yo, what do you care if I'm eating" Jesse demanded, "I'm fine, I can still cook. Don't worry about it." "Jesse, it's not that," Walt sighed, "Come on, just…don't be so defensive about everything. Maybe I just wanted to check on you." "Whatever," Jesse mumbled, a mouthful of omelet.

He finished his meal in awkward silence and as Walt put the plate in the sink, Jesse stood and began shuffling towards Walt. Walt could see he wanted to say something but wasn't quite able to get there himself. "Uh, Mr. White…." Jesse mumbled. "What's up?" Walt asked casually. "Um.. the thing is…..I…uh, have this bandage…and I'm supposed to change it like twice day…and yo I got this like antiobiotic stuff I'm supposed to put on it and poo poo but…I can't…"

"Come here," Walt smiled, sick of watching Jesse squirm, "Turn around." Jesse obliged standing in front of Walt, shirtless, bandage wrapped tight around his torso. Walt quickly found the seam fumbled with it. "I don't see how to…." "It's self-adhesive or some poo poo," Jesse said, breathing hard, "You got to cut it." "Alright, sit tight," Walt looked around behind him and eventually found a knife.

As he cut the thick fabric, Walt noticed the discernable goosebumps on his partner and could see he was trying not shake. Deciding he probably didn't want to talk about his aversion to being touched, Walt just said, "Hold it steady, I'm almost there." Jesse cringed as he felt Walt pull the bandage away. He realized he must have grunted because Walt paused. "Still doing okay?"

"Yeah," Jesse said, passing Walt the cream, "It's just embarrassing...it's probably all oozy and gross." Walt laughed as he began gently rubbing the cream Jesse's wounds, which were, in a word, gross. "Jesse, I have cancer. My son has cerebral palsy. So, believe me when I tell you, I have seen all kinds of gross poo poo. This is child's play."

Jesse seemed to relax upon hearing this. "Some of these are deep though," Walt mused, "Does this hurt?" "No!" Jesse answered through his teeth, obviously in pain. "Well, I'll be quick about it then," Walt chuckled, "Don't worry if it weeps a little. That's normal, part of the healing process. This does look a little much though- have you not changed these since you left the hospital?"

"I told you I couldn't reach." "Jesse, I was here yesterday," Walt reasoned, "Why didn't you just ask me?" Jesse bit his knuckle as Walt reached around him to wrap the bandage. There, that wasn't so bad, now was it?" Walt asked, patting him on the shoulder.

Jesse turned around to face him, but looked at the floor. "Hey," Walt squeezed his shoulder until he looked him in the eye, "I'll come back tonight to do it again."

"Thanks, Mr. White," Jesse mumbled.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 14, 2017

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

Jesse turned around to face him, but looked at the floor. "Hey," Walt squeezed his shoulder until he looked him in the eye, "I'll come back tonight to do it again."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

jivjov posted:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

PMush Perfect posted:

"I told you I couldn't reach." "Jesse, I was here yesterday," Walt reasoned, "Why didn't you just ask me?" Jesse bit his knuckle as Walt reached around him to wrap the bandage. There, that wasn't so bad, now was it?" Walt asked, patting him on the shoulder.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Meinberg posted:

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Little Mac posted:

Jesse seemed to relax upon hearing this. "Some of these are deep though," Walt mused, "Does this hurt?" "No!" Jesse answered through his teeth, obviously in pain. "Well, I'll be quick about it then," Walt chuckled, "Don't worry if it weeps a little. That's normal, part of the healing process. This does look a little much though- have you not changed these since you left the hospital?"

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Adus posted:

"Yeah," Jesse said, passing Walt the cream, "It's just embarrassing...it's probably all oozy and gross." Walt laughed as he began gently rubbing the cream Jesse's wounds, which were, in a word, gross. "Jesse, I have cancer. My son has cerebral palsy. So, believe me when I tell you, I have seen all kinds of gross poo poo. This is child's play."

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

CirclMastr posted:

As he cut the thick fabric, Walt noticed the discernable goosebumps on his partner and could see he was trying not shake. Deciding he probably didn't want to talk about his aversion to being touched, Walt just said, "Hold it steady, I'm almost there." Jesse cringed as he felt Walt pull the bandage away. He realized he must have grunted because Walt paused. "Still doing okay?"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

jivjov posted:

"Come here," Walt smiled, sick of watching Jesse squirm, "Turn around." Jesse obliged standing in front of Walt, shirtless, bandage wrapped tight around his torso. Walt quickly found the seam fumbled with it. "I don't see how to…." "It's self-adhesive or some poo poo," Jesse said, breathing hard, "You got to cut it." "Alright, sit tight," Walt looked around behind him and eventually found a knife.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

quote="Somberbrero" post="472137516"]

[/quote]

Somberbrero posted:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

PMush Perfect posted:

He finished his meal in awkward silence and as Walt put the plate in the sink, Jesse stood and began shuffling towards Walt. Walt could see he wanted to say something but wasn't quite able to get there himself. "Uh, Mr. White…." Jesse mumbled. "What's up?" Walt asked casually. "Um.. the thing is…..I…uh, have this bandage…and I'm supposed to change it like twice day…and yo I got this like antiobiotic stuff I'm supposed to put on it and poo poo but…I can't…"

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Little Mac posted:

"No, I ate already," Walt said, "I just wanted to make sure you were eating." "Yo, what do you care if I'm eating" Jesse demanded, "I'm fine, I can still cook. Don't worry about it." "Jesse, it's not that," Walt sighed, "Come on, just…don't be so defensive about everything. Maybe I just wanted to check on you." "Whatever," Jesse mumbled, a mouthful of omelet.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Mr. F! posted:

[/quote]

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Adus posted:

"Uh, well, cheese, you got some onions here, and uh, what is this bologna? Do you ever grocery shop?" "It hasn't been high on my priority list, you know, with all the cooking and having my rear end kicked and all." "Point taken. I'll swing by the store later today and pick you up a few things." When Walt finished the omelet, Jesse picked at it slowly, dragging it around his plate with the fork. "None for you?"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

CirclMastr posted:

"Okay," Walt lingered for a minute, "Jesse, are you sure you're okay?" "I'm fine," Jesse grumbled, wincing in pain as he tried to sit up with his broken ribs. Wordlessly, Walt reached out his hand. Jesse looked at the ground as he took Walt's hand to pull himself up. "Yo, what kind of omelet are you making?" Jesse asked from the kitchen counter.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

jivjov posted:

"No, you got a pretty good rear end kicking and I feel like I could have stopped it," Walt said, "I'm sorry. I just, do you need help with anything?" "I don't need anybody's help!" "Want me to make you an omelet?" Jesse bit his lip. He hadn't eaten for at least a day. "Yeah, omelet sounds good."

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. F! posted:

[/quote]

HULU START OVER

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 13, 2017

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Meinberg posted:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

PMush Perfect posted:

"No, nothing, I just…came to see how you were doing," Walt said. "What, you break into my house to see how I'm doing?" Jesse demanded, tugging the covers in a lame attempt to cover the wide bandage that was wrapped around his shirtless form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Somberbrero posted:

• Locked thread