Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Owl at Home posted:

He's 78?? Aw man, we're never getting another full length movie are we :smith:

no that'd be silly, there's no way he can do that

not in addition to the full length tv season we're going to get when Twin Peaks re-returns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It should be illegal for Lynch to die IMHO.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Scorsese and Miyazaki are both in their 80s, if fate is kind ai think we could still see a Lynch film yet

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

yeah but dave chain smokes and has always had a bit of a virile attitude towards life. there comes an age when it's not just 'i'm old!!!' it's 'i'm still alive? i can barely speak'

so like, best case we get another film in line with the quality of twin peaks s3

expected case he puts out some weird poo poo that isn't it but y'know, that's dave and he's old

worst case, that's it, he's done

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
he's going through a divorce rn too, which can already take a decade off your life

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Origami Dali posted:

he's going through a divorce rn too, which can already take a decade off your life

Man, literally wife #4, brutal

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
What happened to Project Wisteria or whatever it was called? Or The Happy Worker? Did he just drop those

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Someone please post the second part of that guy trying to figure out the killer when it comes out. Even if it’s not 100% genuine I still enjoyed the ride

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

wa27 posted:

He has all of his Episode 3 info up at the start of the episode 2 segment. Presumably he watched a couple in a row before recording.

I've been listening to the Nextlander Watchcast (former Gamespot/Giantbomb guys) lately as they're making their way through Season 2. One host has seen the show and is pretty knowledgeable with behind-the-scenes info. The other two are going in blind. They just got to the reveal without either of them guessing the killer. They spend about an hour on each episode, going through the scenes chronologically. I'm hoping they can stick through the end of Season 2 and get into season 3 before burning out.

It's a free podcast and they also did a few Lynch movies leading up to it.

Rageaholic posted:

I've also been listening to this every week :) It's interesting hearing their reactions to things that happened 30+ years ago.

Same and really enjoying it, re-watching along with them. Editing in some of the clips is a great move, so for anyone curious I think it'd work pretty well even if it's been a while since you've seen the show.
RIP to the GB thread, I'd be discussing it in there.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I've been rewatching this over the last month or two slowly, made it up to the first two parts of The Return and kind of just wanted to gush about how much I love this show. I first watched around 2016-17 when The Return started coming out and enjoyed it quite a bit, but this rewatch had me noticing and appreciating so many small things especially in Season 1. I admit I did fast forward through the worst of the James soap opera plot but I watched everything else cause I think it really brings what happens in the last two episodes of Season 2 to a peak. The last episode especially is some of the best television ever made in my opinion, and the movie absolutely destroyed me with the context of the rewatch and The Return. I love how The Return doesn't bother to try and bring you up to speed really and just hits the ground running, and Mr. C is played incredibly by MacLachlan and I'm excited to see Dougie again soon. I also love that every other episode Lynch decided to just pay bands he likes to play the outro. I don't watch TV shows much anymore and I'm just reminded with this viewing how much I can be absorbed by a really great series.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
It is morally correct to fast forward through season 2 James (after your first viewing).

Been trying to convince my wife to do a rewatch with me because she’s never finished season 3. She loved S1 and S2 (all of it somehow) but hated season 3. :sever:

Unrelated: has anyone ever shown someone FWWM who hadn’t seen the show? And if so what did they think?

At least once a month we do weird movie night and I was considering throwing that on sometime but idk how the non show watchers would receive it.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

fullroundaction posted:

It is morally correct to fast forward through season 2 James (after your first viewing).

Been trying to convince my wife to do a rewatch with me because she’s never finished season 3. She loved S1 and S2 (all of it somehow) but hated season 3. :sever:

Unrelated: has anyone ever shown someone FWWM who hadn’t seen the show? And if so what did they think?

At least once a month we do weird movie night and I was considering throwing that on sometime but idk how the non show watchers would receive it.

imo it's not a great movie if you want a light atmosphere, it's heavy on the trauma and light on the weird. Mulholland Drive seems like a safer bet if you want a Lynch group watch.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

watch wild at heart

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Fwwm was the first Lynch movie I ever saw. I had no idea what was happening but I knew it wasn't really like anything I'd ever seen. I followed it up with Lost Highway and then down the Lynch rabbit hole I went. Twin Peaks the series was the last thing I ended up watching, sometime in the mid 2000s. I think watching fwwm first made me assume it would be much harder to watch than it actually was so I left it till last. Left it so long that Mulholland Dr came out in between my watch of FWWM and the actual series

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

fullroundaction posted:

Instead, show them Inland Empire :).

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Mr E posted:

Instead, show them Inland Empire :).

Might do. It’s the only Lynch film I’ve only seen once.

But yeah I obviously would show almost any other one than FWWM to non show watchers, was just curious about others’ Movie Only experience.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Don Murray passed away yesterday :smith: RIP Bushnell Mullins

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Not a bad run at 94 at least :unsmith:

Thinking of Battlin' Bud got me thinking about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyDI7QJhy_o

God, The Return was such a beautiful gift to the world. Tom Sizemore peeking through the blinds and hiding under the desk shouldn't be as funny as it is... but it is!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

For the nth time, what in the goddamn hell even is that music

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DATA GRAHAM HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOUUUUUUU! THIS IS HOW WE SCORE AN EPISODE IN TWIN PEAKS!
recycled footage of me thumping table

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

https://x.com/fatecolossal/status/1757463895340425624?s=46&t=DPAZGva0MqEin1jSO1y2kw
david lynch has stopped smoking. twin peaks is over

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

i remember him saying in some interview/video that he quit smoking before for a long period of time before resuming. although since he's doing it for specific illness reasons now i guess he's done!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

"It's a loving morgue!" is one of my favorite lines from the return

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Up to part 10 on my rewatch. Part 8 is maybe the best hour of television ever in my view. I also can’t get over Albert’s reactions to everything Gordon does. His long stare after Gordon thinks he asked for the time instead of what kind of Bordeaux is peak humor.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Happy Twin Peaks day to all who celebrate.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
Happy Twin Peaks Day! Apparently I have friends who have never seen it before? We're fixing that tonight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mr E posted:

Part 8 is maybe the best hour of television ever in my view.

The two week break after Part 8 was somehow perfect timing because it let me sit and let it percolate in my mind even more. Just an absolutely incredible episode of television, the best ever.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

For me the funniest part about Part 8 was how I was visiting my parents at the time and I was watching the latest episode on their living-room TV, and my dad just popped by to see what I was watching just when the nuclear explosion part was starting. He said something like "I see this is clearly based on real events" just before he left, a few minutes into the spectacle.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
He’s mostly right tbh

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

I was visiting my mom when episode 8 aired, I watched it and she watched with me, she having seen none of season 3 and not having seen seasons 1 and 2 since the original air date. To say that she was confused by the episode and gob-smacked that I could enjoy such a show is to hugely undersell her reaction.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODtHLl_lXng
Chase Bridges? More like chase wild gooses :haw:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I finished my rewatch over the weekend and I still don't understand a lot of what happens in the last 2-3 parts, but I feel like I have my own understanding of the show better than my first watch thru. It's solidified as my favorite TV series ever and I don't think anything will ever come close. I'm not sure if Lynch will ever make anything feature length again but I'm glad he was able to just do what he wanted in a full season of TV.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/JoyceCarolOates/status/1762842247228268580?t=rmRxrg2miLceY7uL8Z6QWg&s=19

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I saw that today and was pretty disappointed ngl

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yes the soap opera parody is very pretentious

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
it's call fun Joyce

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
My local arthouse/classic cinema is teasing a Twin Peaks marathon. I have no idea what their plans are but if I get to see episode 8 of the Return on a big screen I can die happy.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
I got the definitive edition box set and was planning on starting a rewatch on Feb 24th but my dumb rear end forgot I don't have a blu-ray player. Oh well

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Michael Horse and David had coffee together today…this must be a sign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

Michael Horse and David had coffee together today…this must be a sign

9 years of rumors and speculation finally comes to this...... twin peaks is back