Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

It's time for the transfer thread. Our poo poo Jersey Shore mod threatened to ban whoever started this thread but he won't, because no balls. please no

ITT we will discuss the absolute worst transfer gossip as if it was the gospel. Be ready for [code] tags, lineups, discussions around wages, and the next Tore Andre Flo.

Here are some transfers that didn't happen:

Jose posted:

There will be less than 5 transfers for more than £10m

WRONG

Grimble posted:

Ødegaard is possibly going on loan to Ajax according to norwegian media. Could be good for him.

WRONG

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Arsene won't spend a penny

RIGHT

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Dimitri payet, to arsenal, it's happening

WRONG

julian assflange posted:

I bet those retards Manchester United will spend money on a footballer lmao

WRONG

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Carlos Tevez is off to Shanghai for...

*rubs eyes*

£615,000 per week

RIGHT

Frankston posted:

Looking forward to Aston Villa buying some professional footballers that can play midfield.

WHOOPS

There are a bunch more fail predictions but I'm not going to be bothered. If you post a done deal in this thread, you must bold the text. If you do not bold the text, you'll be banned. If you bold something that is not a done deal, you'll be banned.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Close til mid june at least + month long probation for OP please, thanks mod$

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Hello, please read the thread title.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
here's a done deal

https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/867...umours-13081933

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I'm ready for some juicy rumors and speculation. IMO Arsenal will sign Gotze, Griezmann, Verratti, and Jonny Howson

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Some tasty transfers done already lads

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

African AIDS cum posted:

I'm ready for some juicy rumors and speculation. IMO Arsenal will sign Gotze, Griezmann, Verratti, and Jonny Howson

Messi to Liverpool. He needs to have a lower profile and take a break from Spain for a while. You heard it here first.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

Howson is coming home

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The chinese government have changed the rules there so that any club that doesn't turn a profit has to also pay 100% of the transfer fee towards local party members so they might not be spending massive money on players any more

Jose fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 27, 2017

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
City have signed a new Silva for lots of money, apparently he's really good but now that he plays for City I will be consistently referring to him as a garbageman, please join me

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Paperhouse posted:

City have signed a new Silva for lots of money, apparently he's really good but now that he plays for City I will be consistently referring to him as a garbageman, please join me

Hell, the stats don't lie, a poor man's Suso

https://twitter.com/LethalSuso/status/868071232067031040

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Jose posted:

The chinese government have changed the rules there so that any club that doesn't turn a profit has to also pay 100% of the transfer fee towards local party members so they might not be spending massive money on players any more

They also changed rules with the U23 and foreign player rules so they deffo won't be increasing their spending imo

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The Chinese finally got wise to the money laundering and want a piece

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

this all checks out

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Watford doing a tidy bit of business selling their new manager to city for 70 million quid

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Suso never showed anything for Liverpool that indicated he was more than a journeyman player, he seemed to be one of those dime-a-dozen La Masia kids that were around a few years ago. But to be fair he was only 18 or so when he was playing, if he's playing regularly for Milan now I'm glad.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I wonder how much money they chucked at Marco Silva considering Porto could offer CL

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hoops posted:

Suso never showed anything for Liverpool that indicated he was more than a journeyman player, he seemed to be one of those dime-a-dozen La Masia kids that were around a few years ago. But to be fair he was only 18 or so when he was playing, if he's playing regularly for Milan now I'm glad.

Suso is good on a team full of crap because he's individually skilled. If Milan actually sign some good players we'll find out if he's actually as good as his numbers make him out to be.

Deulofeu is exactly the same in my opinion. Speaking of, he's supposedly going back to Barcelona.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

the great thing about Silva going to Man City is that 40M euro or whatever figure is probably massively understated

Never forget that Monaco got Van Gaal to spend all the money on Martial

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Jason Sextro posted:

the great thing about Silva going to Man City is that 40M euro or whatever figure is probably massively understated

The people who broke the story on twitter said it was 70m Euro. Which is much more believable and a pretty fair price for an excellent player.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
where's donnarumma pep? pep where's donnarumma?!

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Lot 49 posted:

The people who broke the story on twitter said it was 70m Euro. Which is much more believable and a pretty fair price for an excellent player.

Yeah that sounds more accurate. Silva is really good, too, although I do wonder why they didn't spend that money on full-backs.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Jason Sextro posted:

Yeah that sounds more accurate. Silva is really good, too, although I do wonder why they didn't spend that money on full-backs.

Because they will spend near that kind of money (the £43m reported) on full backs as well? City have All The Money.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I'll be glad when the Mendy deal is announced because it means City aren't buying Alex Sandro.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jason Sextro posted:

It's a guardiola team

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Jose posted:

It's a guardiola team

true, someone must have surplus midfielders that pep can slot in as fullbacks

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Brewsters Millions 2, starting Pep Guardiola: In order to win his 30m severance package and escape an impossible job, we follow Pep as he wastes as much money as possible in 90 days on midfielders and centrifuges

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm a big fan of these reina to newcastle rumours after napoli's owner trolled his wife at a restaurant

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
The Sun said today that Stoke are going to buy Rooney for £45m, and I've never wanted a transfer rumor to be true as much as this one

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

The Sun said today that Stoke are going to buy Rooney for £45m, and I've never wanted a transfer rumor to be true as much as this one

Put a decimal point in between the numbers and they can have him.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

trem_two posted:

This would easily be one of the worst transfers of all time

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

trem_two posted:

This would be the greatest thing to ever happen. There can't be any way it is true.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Rooney himself has ruled out playing for another premier league club which is a shame because that transfer would own

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I like how the Rooney to Stoke rumour is all like bet365 will pay for it. As if the reporter has only just found out that the Coates family own bet365.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
There are some truly mouth watering transfer stories surrounding treble winners Manchester United :D

Burnley CB Michael Keane, who was sold by Van Gaal for £2m during summer 2015, could return after one decent season for a bad team for £25m. :waycool:

Utd have reportedly bid €35m for Inter's Ivan Perisic, a 28 year old winger described by some as a left footed Valencia, but Inter are holding out for €60m. :fap:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Mou loves him a defensively reliable winger.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

PirateBob posted:

There are some truly mouth watering transfer stories surrounding treble winners Manchester United :D

Burnley CB Michael Keane, who was sold by Van Gaal for £2m during summer 2015, could return after one decent season for a bad team for £25m. :waycool:

Utd have reportedly bid €35m for Inter's Ivan Perisic, a 28 year old winger described by some as a left footed Valencia, but Inter are holding out for €60m. :fap:

Who would win between Chelsea and Man Utd for which team has spent the most rebuying former players

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

Mou loves him a defensively reliable winger.

They are to him what midfielders are to Pep

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Michael Carrick has signed a one year extension. I guess that's a good thing because he can still be useful in a very limited role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

Michael Carrick has signed a one year extension. I guess that's a good thing because he can still be useful in a very limited role.

United have fuckall for cover in center midfield since they sold Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger so that's not the worst thing in the world.

• Locked thread