Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
"And there aren't even that many dragons"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I feel like Euron has a Poochie-levels of the show's producers wanting you to really like him, but I just can't. Not even if he laughs about Theon or puts a finger in me bum.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
It's about a sword called "Ice" and the idiot retard who lost it when he was beheaded and left his family to be (mostly) slaughtered because he was a dumb moron who will never be Mr Cool Ice now.

Also there's another sword called "Fire"?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Glenn Quebec posted:

Also lmao when she was like "go ... go get cured!!!!"
"I order you to live! B-but it's not like I like you or anything!"

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
In the earlier seasons they thought they were capping Bran's powers pretty good by explaining that the only reason he can warg into Hodor is because he has massive brain damage but now, in the 7th season, that means he can warg into pretty much any character.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I :lol:'d so hard at Gilly reading about how some guy named Rhaegar had an annulment to his wife so he could legitimately marry some other woman and Sam is just like "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THOSE 15,781 STEPS AGAIN FUUUCCCKKK" and ragequits the Citadel. I thought it was going to rope around into a "wait, what was that?!" moment but nope, he's just gone. Hope he figures it out later, or not, who cares, haha.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

bag em and tag em posted:

Everyone acting like there was a big reveal last night is an idiot because the most common theory for years has been John Snuuuu, secret Targ.
This was more of a reveal that he's a legitimate heir and not some love-child on the side, so when Dragonlady and JonSnu gently caress they will be an authentic royal family. Although the validity of anyone's rule is specious and really based on who has the might to conquer the kingdom and hold it, which is why no one should give a gently caress that Gendry is a secret Baratheon anymore.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I hope Cersei has her baby and Tyrion steps on it and he looks like a giant in comparison to it.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

bag em and tag em posted:

I hope Euron shows up and crushes the night king with his boarding ramp
Euron crushes the night king and laughs only to look up as a giant steps on him

But then the giant looks up and...

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
"Benjen Stark? I thought you were dead!"
"Nope."

I really forgot Benjen appeared in the 6th season so I was confused.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Roargasm posted:

the night king is gonna open his mouth and be the loving worst actor of all
I hope he opens his mouth and nothing but the sound of wind and weird high pitched scraping come out as subtitles explain what he's saying

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

ElGroucho posted:

As soon as the dragons showed up on the books, my immediate reaction was "Oh no, here we go with this bullshit"
That was first book, nerd!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Ice King was using V.A.T.S.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Any ending without the Iron Throne being melted down or destroyed is fake, IMHO.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Autistic Bran rules. When they were doing the screenshot of talking about Jon's lineage and and Bran was doing the travel through time montage, where Bran is standing there watching the events unfold. When the show did the final montage cut to Dany and Jon boning I was really hoping that Bran would be standing there watching lol
The way the show breaks this up is kinda wonky. When Bran is viewing current events he sees it through animals (ex: birds watching the white walkers), but for viewing events in the past we see him physically standing there (ex: Hodor, Rhaegar & Lyanna's marriage, Ned being given Jon). It's a strange difference because why bother spying through animals at all? How long after something happens does it become "the past"?

Does he have to wait a day to watch Dany & Jon bang on Hulu?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
As opposed to showing him standing on a mountain looking over the horde marching instead? I think the writers don't really care about Bran's powers so they get confused between his seeming omniscience, which is for observing, and warging into animals, which is for taking action.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I hope Cersei gets Talisa'd because if she miscarries I don't think she has anything else to do but kill herself after chasing off Jaime.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Season 8, scene 1: Euron applies his eyeliner before donning a feather boa and spiked Doc Martens
"It feels so good to be sooo baaadddd"

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Was Robert->Joffrey->Tommen->Cersei actually over 6 years in the show's time? If not, I can see why people would stop caring. Last week the naked whore we threw rotten vegetables at became our ruler. Next week it could be anyone. Maybe even YOU!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Everyone is the kingdom is about to finally turn 1 because winter has finally come. Except that really old lady, she'll be 2.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
"We could fly the dragons and drop you off, but I've decided the better idea is to take a boat...where you can make rash decisions out of fear." - Daenerys "Love 'Em and Cremate 'Em" Targaryen

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Bran wargs into... a BRAND NEW CARRRR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8iOmVd1W_g

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Anthony Hopkins is back in Season 2 of Westworld hth.
Boooooo

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I really like Anthony Hopkins. His character was great for the first season and his departure was excellent both to conclude the season and to setup the change in tone for the second. Having the actor come back diminishes that effect, even if it's just for flashbacks or whatever (haven't caught up yet). To use a GoT comparison, it'd be like watching Sean Bean walking around in the second season when the first season ended on his betrayal and brutal execution, stressing to the audience that the good guys don't have plot armor and there are devastating consequences for failure.

Unlike a lot of voices in this thread I wasn't bored by Westworld and really like Jonathan Nolan, too.

Knight fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jun 8, 2018

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Seemed like some things happened this episode:
-Jaime is accepted at Winterfell despite Daeneyrs's objections because Brienne and others vouch for him
-In preparations for the siege, they agree to use Bran as bait for the Night King
-Theon returns to Winterfell and pledges to fight for them
-Brienne is knighted
-Arya and Gendry gently caress
-Jon tells Daenerys his ancestry

Yes, I reasonably believe these events occurred.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Hell Yeah posted:

this show, which i have spent at least 70 hours of my life watching, is not good.
See y'all next week

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
The Night King never talks because he sounds like Kermit the Frog

Dumb Lowtax posted:

What did this show teach us? What did we learn from the story of the Night King?
We learned not to do it again.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
GoT/Hoarders crossover: "We've got mountains of corpses in the crypts and hallways and he just won't let us burn them!"
<Ned cautiously hides his poop bucket>

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

IT BURNS posted:

So what were the spoilers from a year or so again? Something like the final boss battle is Jon Snow vs. Euron Greyjoy, and then everyone gets blown up and Sansa ends up being the Queen? How on track are we with that as far as the season is progressing?
Oh man those were hilarious, now I wanna find them. It's entirely fiction at this point

Edit - IIRC, Bran would already be dead at this point and become the next Night King, Daenerys needed to have a baby by now and have her corpse dragged through King's Landing next episode

Edit2 - They're linked here: https://www.desinerd.co.in/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-3-leak-script/

Knight fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 30, 2019

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Melisandre didn't want to live on this planet anymore

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Melisandre should have strapped some suicide vests to those Dothraki.

"What is this?"
"Uh, special armor from the lord of light."
<detonator arms>

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Jon Snow screaming at an undead dragon: "Gol hah dov! GOL HAH DOV! GOL-HAH-DOV!"

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

ethanol posted:

Chernobyl is good but they skipped the part where the operators manually took out all the control rods after accidentally having inserted them all the way inducing a choked reaction which was not providing enough to power for the actual test they were doing which involved shutting off the turbines which power the water pumps but the turbines require a minimum power level at shutoff to provide the residual energy to power the pumps for one minute to power up diesel generators at which point the operators inexplicably hit the emergency shut down button (maybe realizing they had induced a extremely unsafe condition as the power level started spiking because of steam voids from operating the water pumps at a low power state) which due to a unknown design flaw combined with the choked reactor condition spiked the power for a few seconds ruptured the fuel casings and permanently jammed the control rods into almost full power position until the steam pressure exploded. The show is mainly about the liquidators and soviet conference rooms I guess
I was hoping the first part of the show would be the disaster response and they wouldn't be able to investigate the ridiculous sequence of events that caused it until the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

superjew posted:

But it's cool, in their clinking together of random characters they had Tyrion ask Bran to tell him his life story, and then later gives a speech about stories being powerful so they clearly put a lot of thought into it.

Most of the finale looks like the actors/characters genuinely don't want to be there and are dragging rear end.
"Uh, can you remove your water bottle from the shot?"
"My what?"
"The water bottle in your hands."
"Oh, 'water', sssure. <places it by his foot>"
"...it's still in the shot."
"It doesssn't matter. Nuuthing mahtters."