Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Sure I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

It's Day 1 so let's start with the basics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT3PElHuxCY

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm not posting much because it's day 1 of a day start game and there's literally nothing to talk about, all votes are joke votes.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Uhhh...there is much more to talk about now. Even just over the last couple of pages.

Also, clearly at least two of the votes at this point are completely real. Are you actually reading the thread?

I'll be honest, my eyes glazed over when I saw someone posting Britney Spears Twitter posts in what appeared to be an argument about the definition of throwing shade, which I hope you'll forgive me for not thinking is an actual serious discussion. And only one vote since said Twitter post so if two votes are completely real, I can't tell which two.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

Well it was nice of circmaster to scumclaim in any case

Fine, kill me now. I don't care. This is why I don't sign up for this sort of game, heaven loving forbid I not know what's going on.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So I re-read everything and I still don't understand how anyone is making a content-based argument for who is scum.

My gut says Gulag is scum but my gut is dumb and bad. I'm just throwing out an accusation because I was told I ought to.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I guess I'm supposed to direct something at Gulag because of my gut.

So, Gulag, what would be your strategy if you were playing a single round of Prisoner's Dilemma with a complete stranger you could not communicate with?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

TMMadman posted:

I'm not sure I believe this post because the last two games I played with Tired, I was scum and in both games my team kept Tired alive until well into the game.

And the funny part is that I think he was actually the one person in both games that was the closest to figuring things out, but nobody wanted to listen to him.

I really hope nobody expects me to be able to metagame based on previous mafia games.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dr. Hurt posted:

Here is a fun game. Anyone can play.

If you were stranded on a deserted football island, and all of us would here:

1. Who would you trust to have your football back while you bring order back to chaos.
2. Who would you eat to survive, consuming their strong but tender football muscles for the nutrients to do the dread things you need to do.
3. Who would you throw into the football volcano in order to rescue everyone else.

Thank you in advance

Answer to all three is Raeg because of the Scrooge McDuck avatar.

1. Scrooge is a capitalist and captain of industry, he knows how to get poo poo done.
2. Duck is delicious.
3. Gotta cook the duck over the volcano heat before eating.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dr. Hurt posted:

Hmmm interesting. In this scenario then, would he know that you are feeding him to the fire, a final acceptance of what must be done to save the islanders? Or would he fight it every step of the way? (He is smarter than the smarties and tougher than the toughies so good loving luck feeding the Scrooge McD into a volcano)

I would probably say the former. Though I imagine he would sacrifice himself more out of spite than altruism.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

lol

i have the only good vote

It was such a good vote that you changed it?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I really wish I knew what the actual votes were at right now. Is there a way to access the votefinder thing or is it just a bot that posts?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I dunno what to do. Deadline approaches and I'm fine voting Tired Moritz if it's to avoid NL, but I honestly can't pick out a legit reason to vote for anyone at this point.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

##vote Tired Moritz

Meh. I don't feel good about any vote.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Nominating TMM for MOTM for trying to help me understand wtf is going on.

If I get two my second one is for Dr. Hurt.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The first post was edited and now I don't even remember what MOTM gets.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I was fine with voting Tired Moritz D1 and I'm fine with it D2 as well, but I think we ought to have some kind of discussion first.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Well it looks like I missed quite a bit of drama while I was zonked out.

For MOTM I ended up changing my mind at the last second and voting Dr. Hurt. Sorry.

It seems like a pretty easy lynch on Added Space but I want to discuss the Inf thing. Mostly the fact that I am not super familiar with rules but I don't remember being forbidden from posting anything but role PMs. On the other hand it would sorta make up for the D1 no lynch and Inf could be SK so... I am leaning toward kill but it's kind of an assy thing to do it on the back of what seems like an incorrect mod decision.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Infinitum posted:

That Added Space gets a free pass and I don't is something I don't personally agree with, but it is what it is and I believe scum will take advantage of abusing the situation.

Well Added Space is almost certainly getting lynched anyway.

But yeah I'm still on the fence on the save/kill thing. =/

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I was always planning to vote AS, my fence-sitting was about Inf. I guess it doesn't matter anymore but I don't regret not voting for Inf kill.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So did Gulag not have a role, or is Goalkeeper a role I don't know about?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Ernie. posted:

If you're a town vig who vigged n1 you should claim now instead of muddying up the thread later.

Maybe Infi is the SK and just no-killed in case there's a tracker or watcher.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Just FYI I'm going to be gone most of the day today so I won't be posting, but given the way events have shaken out I think an Infi vote is justified. We'll see what happens with the discussion before then though.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

I would vote for Sandwolf but first I want to know what CirclMastr did to Infinitum last night.

I guess we're outing town PRs now? I'm tracker. Infi visited no one. Hence:

CirclMastr posted:

Maybe Infi is the SK and just no-killed in case there's a tracker or watcher.

So there you go.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

So I just want to make this clear: CirclMastr decided to out themselves as tracker because Infi didn't go anywhere that MUST ABSOLUTELY MEAN Infi is an SK that didn't kill.

like... what the gently caress?

Wow, my turn to say "What the gently caress?"

What did I say to imply that Infi MUST BE or ABSOLUTELY IS the SK? All my posts are full of maybe's and might's because I genuinely struggle to understand this game. When I said "Maybe [there's that word again] Infi is SK and just no-killed" I was speculating. I was speculating because if I don't speculate, I don't post, and then people get upset at me for not posting.

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't really care if CirclMastr is really tracker or whatever, they can out their role however/whenever they like.

Uh, my turn again to say "What the gently caress?"

TNL posted three times in my absence outing that I visited Infi last night, clearly insisting that I out myself. So I did. I would have much rather waited until I had an actual read on someone to out a report, but TNL forced the issue. How that's me doing it "however/whenever I like" is beyond me.

And yes, there is lots of tunneling going on here. Specifically, you tunneling on me.

##vote Tired Moritz

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

CirclMastr you visited TMM on night 1. Did you see him target anybody?

No, but I'm curious how you know both my tracks. Or whatever the right noun for tracker targets is.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

2. Just because someone ask you what you're doing visiting someone doesn't mean that you are morally obligated to tell them your role. hell, the last game I was in had people bitching because everyone started to out their roles for no good reason. My prespective is that CirclMastr decided to out themselves for no "GOOD" reason other than TNL's prodding. I'm not allowed to express confusion over people's decisions? Did I ever say CirclMastr is scum? No. Can you read? Also no.

As a reminder, the day this happened I was busy with RL stuff so I came home that night and went through several pages of posts all at once. In it, TNL posted 3 or 4 times not just prodding me for my role but outing the fact that I visited Inf, and at least one other person was saying that they wanted to hear from me regarding it as well, so it wasn't just TNL. If I had said I was townie but been coy about my role, either I'd be accused of being scum (didn't stop Raeg from speculating I'm scum roleblocker) or scum might suspect I'm a doctor and put my head on the block tonight. So I outed my role to try to sidestep the former and prevent the latter.

You also accused me repeatedly of tunneling on Infi when I made maybe two comments on the whole situation where Infi claimed SK and retracted. I was told on the one hand that sometimes SKs skip nights to avoid suspicion and on the other hand sometimes SKs are unable to no-kill at night, which is not exactly conclusive to me, so I dropped it. I never even voted for Infi.

I voted for you because it seemed like you were tunneling super hard on me after I outed a town role (I would argue an important one with a cop already dead), which I interpreted as a scummy thing to do.

Just for the record, my reasoning for changing my N1 MOTM vote to Dr. Hurt and tracking TMM was really bad and in retrospect a huge mistake. Like I said at the time, I appreciated TMM attempting to help me, but I had the weird suspicion that he was helping me because he was scum, and if he helped out this poor newbie, said newbie would be so grateful he'd never even think of voting for him. What can I say? I am a newbie, I'm dumb and bad at this, it was a late-night last-minute decision.

All that being said, Raeg is acting really sketchy, CL hasn't posted much of substance, Dr. Hurt hasn't posted... at all today? Maybe once? And Ernie has made a weird survivor claim.

##unvote

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Raeg posted:

Please point to sketchiness or points where I've been inconsistent with my role claim.

Honestly the sketchiness (to me) comes from the posting style. Maybe this is just how you post, but I find it weird when you post 3 or 4 times in a row with just one sentence each, instead of composing your thoughts into one longer post. So that's just a gut thing really. But I also find this "Developing Player" role to be really weird as you've laid it out. You get increasing one-time superpowers as a reward for surviving, but you're not a survivor, just a townie? And if weird roles like this DO exist, how is anyone supposed to speculate on what role anybody has? The fact that you are claiming this weird unique role and asking us to refute by saying what role we think you do have is just another sketchy thing, because how can anyone speculate what a role unique to this game could even BE let alone what powers it has?

As for Ernie, I just don't understand why a survivor would ever claim survivor. Like, wouldn't it be smarter to imply something like bomber or... I forget the one that wins if the town lynches them. Jester? Something that actively discourages a kill rather than just pleading for mercy.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Okay I was going to type up a big dumb speculative post but it doesn't make much sense, even in my head, so I will just ask it openly and see if someone else can tell me if it makes sense or is bad and dumb.

What if the solo N2 kill wasn't the scum kill? What if scum decided to no-kill and the solo kill was from the SK?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

chaoslord posted:

Speaking of, I noticed Added Space is still in votefinder

Maybe he's not really dead :v:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

It's going to be another day when nobody gets lynched, it looks like. I'm fine with Hurt or Raeg but I don't see how we'll get consensus.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

##vote Dr. Hurt

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

...So was that scum? I don't even know.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I've been out of town again today (and still am technically, I'll be home late tonight so I'll re-read discussion then).

Sandwolf went nowhere last night.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I am still suspicious of Sandwolf myself but I don't know if it's a smart lynch right off the back of the go-nowhere night. I guess I just feel better about lynching a possible scum without a report than lynching one despite a report.

Aside from Sandwolf I'm suspect of CL and TM, and to a lesser extent Raeg.

Tired Moritz posted:

the one townie and tracker are town, the self-proclaimed survivor is not.

AUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHh

And this sort of thing makes me suspect TM more. Like, isn't Survivor a third party? Aren't third parties not town? So what's the AUGH for?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Kasumeat posted:

I think he's saying that Chaos is stating the obvious and expressing his frustration over the fact that Chaos is not being lynched

Okay, I think I just misread it or something.

So yeah CL seems a prime suspect. ##vote chaoslord

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The more time goes by without Sandwolf showing up in the thread, the more I'm okay with lynching them despite the go-nowhere report.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Since we haven't had anyone claim to be roleblocked, I'm thinking the scum team was a goon, a ninja and a godfather since we had a cop flip and Raeg said he gets a 1x cop.

Is goon a role or just a vanilla scum?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

My head is going in circles now.

I was thinking that if CL is legit doc, scum will kill him tonight. So if he survives the night, he's lying and a good lynch target.

But then I realized that having said that, scum could just kill someone else and get the town to lynch doc for them, basically giving scum an extra kill.

I guess it depends on what the metagame is? Do scum usually kill doc claimers or is the latter situation frequent enough that it's not a tell for him to survive even if he's a legit doc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Kasumeat posted:

You've drawn a shitload of attention to the fact that you've been :siren: Confirmed Town :siren:, despite the fact that we have no idea where that D1 NK came from nor what the result would be in Inf tackled the SK.

I find it hard to believe that tackling a third party would lead to a self-kill like that.

• Locked thread