Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Is there space? I do a back flip and miss the ball and kick a ref in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

chaoslord posted:

In as the referee

This ref in particular.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

If the ref tries to give me a yellow card I'm gonna loving fight. I want red and nothing else

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

TMMadman posted:

This should be an interesting game because with the exception of PMom and possibly chaos, I don't think I've played more than a few games with everyone. Maybe 5-6 games with a few others, but I certainly don't have a dozen or more games of experience with anyone except for PMom.

Delete the past, coward.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

It's okay. People from Ottawa have experience playing scum every day of their lives so it's no surprise they don't want to in game.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

You are strong in my heart, Ernie. You have very big heart muscle.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

*Does that weirdass football poo poo when I juggle a football like it ain't no thing. Ignoring gravity. Inspiring millions*

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hey I went to a carseat headrest show tonight and it was dope as hell. The only downside is there was some ding dong behind me whistling during my favorite song so teens are dumb.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

I'm not posting much because it's day 1 of a day start game and there's literally nothing to talk about, all votes are joke votes.

TMM called CirclMastr out on this but it's silly and Day 1 is good and cool. Day 1 has big beefy muscles and can kick the Footsball from very far and has sex with a lot of people because of this fact.

Added Space posted:

So what I'm gathering is that information gathering in Mafia is like international diplomacy - make innocuous small talk, act hugely offended, and try to discern meaning behind vacuous words.

Yeah basically. Except you say more fucks in international diplomacy.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

voting me in day 1 is an active scum move.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Here is a fun game. Anyone can play.

If you were stranded on a deserted football island, and all of us would here:

1. Who would you trust to have your football back while you bring order back to chaos.
2. Who would you eat to survive, consuming their strong but tender football muscles for the nutrients to do the dread things you need to do.
3. Who would you throw into the football volcano in order to rescue everyone else.

Thank you in advance

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

you can disagree but everyone knows that voting me would get nothing for day 2.

But like literally anyone could say that. That seems v. silly to say.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

"I'm such an easy kill. I'm such an easy kill." - Tasty Moritz pours bbq sauce all over himself. "Don't eat me don't eat me I'm probably bland and full of empty calories"

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

Answer to all three is Raeg because of the Scrooge McDuck avatar.

1. Scrooge is a capitalist and captain of industry, he knows how to get poo poo done.
2. Duck is delicious.
3. Gotta cook the duck over the volcano heat before eating.

Hmmm interesting. In this scenario then, would he know that you are feeding him to the fire, a final acceptance of what must be done to save the islanders? Or would he fight it every step of the way? (He is smarter than the smarties and tougher than the toughies so good loving luck feeding the Scrooge McD into a volcano)

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

No, it's definitely true. I got a reputation as a poo poo player (for mostly valid reasons). Hell, the last game had someone pushing me and then just making a bullshit lie when questioned on why they pushed and then it was dropped like hot cakes.

I refuse to let that happen again. mainly because that game was really boring to read.

Hey I think you might be confusing me with a player who cares a whole bunch about past meta. I'm but a simple traveler from beyond the stars whose timeline only lines up with mafia for like two months a year.

It is weird that you are turning "I don't want to die" into "if you kill me you're scum" because I always get wigged out by the BIG pronouncements like "if you KILL ME you're the scum" cuz like I said earlier it's just so easy for anyone to fling that out there, especially if they're trying to survive.

Dr. Hurt fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 7, 2017

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

gently caress that's a big Alf. Sorry y'all. Didn't check size. Taste do I have permission to timg that Alf?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm allowed to have multiple feelings at once.

1) I don't want to die D1
2) people that vote D1 tend to be scum

they don't contradict. The reason that I believe 2) is because I know that I'm an easy kill. Everyone believes I'm scum like all the goddamn time, it's an easy vote to throw on when you don't actually care about who dies.

also I don't actually remember players that much so sorry for throwing past meta at your face.

Are you advocating for a no-lynch? Because besides that I dunno how 2 is possible.

And no worries, friend. I just don't keep up with mafia metas much besides like Gulag bein' Gulag so I just wanted to let you know that those arguments don't necessary hold much sway with me

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Infinitum has replaced Pinterest Mom!

Taaaaste let me shrink my ALF.

Kasumeat posted:

I gotta go to work fairly shortly, I would most like the following to die today:

Chaos
Added
Dr. Hurt
Ixl
Tired Moritz
Mr. F

I've already explained Chaos. Added, Hurt, and Ixl have all posted words since real content has happened, but have said absolutely nothing. Raeg has cased TM and I agree with him. Mr. F has not posted at all since jokephase.

##vote Mr. F
Come play

For sure I'll be able to post by deadline, but maybe only for a phonepost or two if it's a late night.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

Dude, shut up, no one gives a poo poo about that other game where you masterminded as scum. It's completely irrelevant to the game at hand and the fact that you keep bringing it up makes me want to vote you so badly.

Sand I don't know if you get it. This brilliant Mafia God swooped down from the heavens and let you know personally that he must keep Tired alive because he's such a brilliant tactician spawned from the womb of Napoleon himself.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Ixtlilton posted:

That seems like a p frustrate thing to be puppy cuddled for. For a wolf.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

But seriously I'm down for kicking TMM or Moritz off the table since both of them have done more jibber jabber about each other than the game, tbqh.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Circl was the only person who was cool enough to answer my question so MVP right there. Easy peasy.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

TMMadman posted:

This post is ugly.

Dr. Hurt doesn't seem to think either of us might be scum, he just seems to want to vote one of us because we are doing most of the talking.

Nah dog you're saying a lot about past metas and waffling about what it means. As I said earlier in the day with Moritz I don't really care about building a whole bunch of cases on past meta, and Gulag put out a pretty good read on what was irking me with you waffling around on Moritz. I already goofed on you about it earlier and I stay by it being dumb.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

TMMadman posted:

I'm also kind of having this dilemma as well. It feels like a choice of kill a talkative person or killing a lurker.

TMMadman posted:

I actually think it's time to vote ##vote TNL. There's just something off about the way he voted you and defended it and then backed off it with an 'I've got nothing' post.

Since you're here and talking, why did you go with TNL over all other options? You did throw TNL out earlier but what makes him more worthy of your vote than someone like Mr. F. who you also called out primarily for lurking (and only talking about chips)?

The Ninth Layer posted:

##vote Infinitum I like this option more than most of the other votes I've seen.

Why?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Welp in the time I made this vote his vote has changed.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Good luck getting eight other people to vote me in twenty five minutes.

##vote Tired Moritz

So again, why?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

Replacing out is scummy in general and infi had zero posts at the time of my vote.

Welp in the time I made my post you had responded. Sorry bout that. I probs should post preview.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

Replacing out is scummy in general

Man I super duper hate this logic. I'd rather people replace out then just lurk.

quote:

and infi had zero posts at the time of my vote.

Eh, this I can respect a little more.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Ernie. posted:

Dr. Hurt is like top 5 posters and I don't know any of his opinions.

He also hasn't made a single joke with me all game ...

Is this the death of Hurt and Ernie? :(

Maybe if u posted more
I could make jokes with u.

(on a serious note I'm still trying to get more feelings but I'm feeling rusty~)

TMMadman posted:

Because Mr. F would just be a lurker lynch, while TNL actually made the suspicious posts of calling out Sandwolf and then backing off it for no real reason.

Yeah fair enough. Since Mr. F. was your "vote to avoid a no lynch" it just felt a little odd to me that you decided to go after TNL with a little more gusto than you initially put on him for that callout.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

##vote Tired Moritz

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Ernie. posted:

I'm not voting Tired Moritz even if it causes a no lunch.

I mean Moritz has been quiet and inactive in the game entirely since he got called out for his dumb logic about how everyone who votes him is scum and how he shouldn't be voted D1 because he didn't wanna die.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Yeah I'm hungry. We need lunch.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

nice no lynch losers

Be the brutal street justice you wish to see in the world.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Infinitum posted:

This is bad and you should feel bad.

You are likely scum knowing that a no-lynch is likely to happen today and are setting the scene for a Day 2 Moral High Ground case against yourself

Never not lynch

I'm glad you decided to care all of 5 minutes before deadline.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hi I want to again submit an early vote for MVP for day 1 to Circl for killing and eating Scrooge McDuck.

Now time for bloopers and goof'em'ups of the day.

Ernie tried to hit a header into the net but ended up heading a replica of the HMS Pinafor instead! That's gotta hurt!

TNL and TMM and INF and IXT all got confused when people were calling out initials of names and they all slammed into each other midfield. Yike-a-doodle!

Doc Hurt is very attractive. TOO attractive for football and is now a commentator instead. Look out lizard people, there's a new insane announcer in town.

Tired Moritz exists and everyone feels very embarrassed for them.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZR3ZfesIIw

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Ixtlilton posted:

I thought Taste said deadline was noon or something?

As far as I can tell we've got until midnight tonight.

And friends, what's the best way to use your time than to support a real member of the community. Someone who never gets a red card and instead is full of sick flips and probably doesn't spit on kids who cheer for the other team.

That's right. Circl is the one we need. Circl volunteers at at least one children's hospital and they don't ask him to leave because he talked about death too much. That's the kind of face we need at the front of footsbals.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Because there's no way to confirm anyone as town except yourself. It reeks of additional information. I think in later days, it makes sense to vote for someone you know is town but so early in the game, it's kinda odd.

of course, that's my own opinion.

Maybe you're just an idiot who doesn't like doing nice things for other people??? I mean just consider that option for a little while and you can get back to me about it later.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Yeah but you can use their reaction to getting the boon, how forthcoming they are about the boon and their ultimate use of the boon to help determine that players alignment.

For example, you would likely have different reactions if the boon was a dayvig and the person who got it opened the day by using it immediately as opposed to the person waiting until closet to the deadline when they have more information.

What if they saved their vig right for the middle of the day when nobody had had their snacks yet so everyone was kind of irritable and then mom comes out with orange slices and gat-or-aid?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

failure nomination

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Added Space posted:

So what did you win TMM?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLGmjdm3vrw