Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Is it too late for me to pick my main man Bubba? Totally forgot about this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Bubba has not yet teed off so I'm putting you down.

Thank you kind sir!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

These announcers are horrible

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

These fairways are airport runway size, jesus guys, if you can't hit these fairways, I dunno.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

These fake bird sounds are ridiculous. There's hardly any trees anywhere Fox!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

EnsGDT posted:

Wait, is Poulter not even in this? God dammit I was in such a hurry with work. I can't find his name on the leaderboard.

As of right this moment, Bill Haas has not teed off yet for his first round, so I would like to switch to him, please!

Poulter would have had to go through sectional qualifying to play and decided it was too much golf after playing a few weeks in a row so he withdrew.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Fox constantly apologizing for no audio from impact, no audio from walking commentator.

Where's the shot tracer every hole you fucks?!

By golly those bird noises are working great though lol

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Just realized I could do this lol

Feature group 1/group 2/fox broadcast

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

The afternoon featured groups are pretty great:

Bubba Watson, Sergio Garcia, Adam Scott
Jason Day, Justin Rose, Rory McIlroy

I'm the fidget spinner.

Don't forget the fidget cube either :)

And also, I get to watch a whole round of Bubba! WOOOO

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

I don't get fidget spinners.

I've never held one.

I didn't think they were anything either, until I bought one. Just something to keep my hands busy when I'm sitting at my desk at work.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

What in the hell is Rickie Fowler doing???

Tearing the gently caress outta the course

edit: He also has a new girlfriend, so maybe that's helping too

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

LOLWUT he's dating Allison Stokke now?

Yes has been for a month or two

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Dufner is dead to me. 16 pars, 2 doubles, +4.

edit: Rickie's group played in 5:15. Not too bad under U.S. Open conditions.

Probably would've been a bit quicker if the other 2 didn't suck so much today lol

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Sergio just striped it off 1.

So did Bubba :c00lbutt:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Featured group streaming coverage is so so so bad lol

The same loving bird has been chirping all day from everywhere on the course!

edit: Also, watch Bubba hit his shot, start walking down fairway, camera goes to Adam Scott THEN we hear Bubba's swing lol

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

J Day just hit a bunker shot that went backwards into another bunker lol

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Featured groups are live!

Go Bubba!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Bubba is playing really well this and has had birdie putts on every hole so far, just needs a few to start dropping.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

lol @ Adam Scotts putting. It's so so bad today

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I hate Scotts pre putt routine

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Kameh posted:

I've been stepping back and forth from coverage. I saw Sergio get on in 2 (676, are you kidding me?), and I saw Scott's 3rd into the green, but I didn't see Scott go over in 2. Watson laid up because he went in the rough, right?

Correct

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Welp, looks like Bubba isn't gonna make the cut :(

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Holy crap Directv lets me watch the featured groups on my actual tv. That's pretty awesome.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Ricky sinking 50 footers like it ain't no thang

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

If you somehow weren't aware, Nike did another massive shoe dump at Burlington Coat Factory and, to a lesser extent, Ross.

Yes. Yes they did. $25 at Ross. I've checked the 2 burlingtons near me but have had no luck.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Matsuyama puts some pressure on everyone. Wheels falling off for Harmon

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Brooks has this

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

379 drive from Koepka, a loving 3 wood!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

DJExile posted:

that was loving absurd

Someday I'll play on these mythical courses were the ball runs for another 20-30 yards after it lands.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I mean get excited or something Koepka lol

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Is it just me or do golfers seem to have hotter WAGs than most other pro athletes?

I mean Tom Brady's wife is a legit super model. But yeah, golfers got some hot wives/girlfriends

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

Monies are probably easiest.

Paypal is jvitolojr at yahoo dot com

Sent!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Brooks' current girlfriend is pretty new. I expect to see him upgrading before too long.

Jena Sims. She's on Instagram and I'm not sure an upgrade is needed lol

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Dutchy posted:

So what'd everyone think about Fox? It wasn't perfect but I think they use tech well and maintained a much better golf to dumb bullshit ratio than CBS/NBC/ESPN usually seem to. I'm willing to trade good commentary for lots of really well presented actual golf play. And I'll personally take Buck's bored detachment over Jim Nantz's lobotomized sappiness, but that's just me.

I loved that they had coverage starting so early and lasting all drat day.

Disliked the commentators, just horrible.

Their tech was cool, but they def had some sync issues online and their actual broadcast.

Traveling pro tracer was pretty awesome. Not sure if it was their camera positions or what but it was really hard to follow/keep track of players hits on this course so the pro tracer really helped.

Enough with the fake birds already fox lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Combine the fox technology, the announcers listed above, throw in a dash of Feherty and the length of coverage fox did and you'd have the perfect golf broadcast!

• Locked thread