Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
gently caress. Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

redneck nazgul posted:

I will play but only if I can be Sand Worm/Omniscient/the Ronka Ruins Speed Trap.

I have played this game probably 20 times and not once have I successfully avoided the speed trap on my first try.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

wait did the game start?

Yes.

You got lynched for lurking.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Added Space posted:

If D1 isn't random, what are you basing things on other than speculation and stereotype?

Hello, welcome to mafia.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

Todays terrain is.... Grass

lol @ any poor losers who got geomancer.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I would have rerolled that poo poo so drat fast.

It's a shame too, because the outfits for geomancers are adorable as gently caress.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Role madness is a bit different though and I maintain lynching in role madness is probably a bad option on d1

I enjoy role madness for its puzzle solving aspects, but that doesn't change that you can still do old fashioned mafiaing by actually reading posts and all that boring nonsense. D1 is the same regardless of all vanilla or role madness.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Content game: who rerolled what jobs and why!

I didnt roll any of my jobs back because 3 of them were awesome and 1 was very solid

I rerolled 2 jobs because if I actually had my original party it would have been a terrible run if I were actually doing it.

Also because I figured while white mage is probably doc, and black mage is probably vig, who knows what the others actually do and the money was only good for rerolling, so why the hell not?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have caught up and this story is incredible.

Infinitum posted:

tl;dr version

- I sub into a game
- Added Space is my mason buddy
- We're using PMs, and I jokingly state in my first reply "Hey I'm the SK, gonna murder people tonight. Wanna team up scumbro?"
- Added Space insinuates that he does. Suggests I kill someone.
- That person winds up dead somehow
- New day starts up and Added Space doubles down on scum claim
- Does not reveal the fact that I was the 'SK' and the person he told me to kill died.
- Another player randomly suggests that I'm the SK
- 1+1=scum
- Added Space 'obviously' told his scumbros
- I out him
- He posts chat logs, I clarify chat logs
- Added Space gets lynched
- Flips town
- Thread devolves into "Inf must be the SK then"
- I get lynched
- I flip town as well

tltl;dr
Added Space made a rookie mistake, but we were both town so ended up helping scum

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Someone browsing the forums and not responding in this specific thread is dumb as poo poo.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

YT is wrong let's move on, because I think he's town?

I agree with this. It's a very stupid and anti-town stance but I do recall him at least being consistent with it, so I think he's town just dumb and wrong.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Inf, Quid is already a lurker from hell who'd be great to lynch, you don't need to muddy the waters with this nonsense knock it off

##unvote

I agree with this sentiment, but why does that make you unvote Quid? That doesn't make sense.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I forgot I had these posts opened in another tab because I wanted to comment on them too.

I used this as the basis of a role in Cat Lady mafia and it may be my favourite role I ever created so this gif has a special place in my heart.

Mithross posted:

I will say that, since there was no way to tell what any job did anyway, I force rolled one job into another of my choice because why not, the option was there.

That, however, doesn't really generate any content. It's just a post. I think Kash is trying to get his numbers up by asking a somewhat innocuous and technically game related question, and then responding people. Fishing for the roles people don't have would only really convey information if you also knew which slot it was in and what "game type" they'd selected. This line of questioning will either lead to town accidentally giving away information they shouldn't, or just lead to a bunch of setup talk that doesn't actually push the game forward.

I agreed with this when catching up, and it's more true now that Kash completely disappeared after his content game was over.

##vote Kash

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Anyone accusing me of trying to pad my numbers is an idiot because I end up at the top of the post count all the time without having to pad my numbers namaste

What does this have to do with anything?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

The Ninth Layer posted:

Lumpen have you learned a second dota hero yet or is it still Huskars all the way down?

I main CM because I hate everyone, including myself.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My favourite ever troll lane is Kunkka and SD.

Disruption -> Soul Catcher -> Torrent -> Tidebringer

If you catch someone in disruption, they are guaranteed dead.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Anyway, you guys should vote Kash.

He did a content game that was essentially role fishing, did absolutely no followup on it, which says to me that he didn't actually care about what he was posting then disappeared. When called out on it he immediately appeared to say that he was going to have a high post count no matter what and then left again.

The whole thing feels bad to me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I hate Australians.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

i cam barely toilet myself let alone decode tbis

but even yours gruly knows both pf these statements are lies
lymch tbis liar ne t

knock this poo poo off

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote Inf

I thought I might wait on voting him because he must surely be close to hammer by now, but this only puts him at -5.

This game is loving huge.

Also I'm not going to go back and find the quote, but I agree KB and Bif, let's not forget about Kash, but obviously cop results take priority.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

"I mean it's SUCH A LARGE GAME it's not really gonna matter if I stick another vote on Inf, instead of waiting to see if his partner verifies his story"
- Totes McGoats Town Player Asiina

I think you're full of lies, that should be obvious because I'm voting for you.

I wanted to make sure I wasn't hammering because this post made me think it was close:

Bifauxnen posted:

nobody hammer him while I'm asleep though, I'm really looking forward to seeing if tpink replies by the time I wake up

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh god Asiina is going to murder him irl

I would be so goddamn jealous.

I'm just going with lying liar though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Inf is claiming to have a n0 cop (which is distinctly different from the multiple day cops that have already been claimed) that caught scum after he was already copped as not town.

It's just too much for me to believe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Inf is at -2 now and there's more than a day left before deadline. I don't particularly have anything else to say though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

There is literally not a single point in the game where Necromancer is a net positive for town, so the faster I burn it the better

Kashuno posted:

silencing me is a dick move imo

Kashuno posted:

at that point please just lynch me

This is such complete nonsense. You're acting like your hands are tied and you have to use your powers and that if you don't have powers there is nothing that you can contribute to the game. I don't believe that you actually believe this, because it's loving lunacy. I think you're scum who tried to get away with not giving a poo poo D1 and is trying to now brute force argue that your anti-town behaviour is somehow required because of your jobs.

I think you're just trying to say it enough times that we'll accept the premise, but I'm not buying it. I don't think you're unhelpful town who needs to be lynched because you're playing against your wincon. I think you're scum who is trying to be bold and loud, because that's what you do.

##vote Kashuno

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Flamander posted:

Was thinking on voting Kash because jobs do not necessarily indicate alignment, but I'm not now.

Why?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

I think if Kash was really scum, he wouldn't be so frank about what they did. I think they really are just a townie that wanted to do whatever they want.

No, this is exactly why I think Kash is scum. He's trying for a bold play and he's done it before.

I honestly can't believe that he'd be town and say the things he's saying.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

I have no idea what YT's or Moat's berserk were about. Y'all wanna act like me using my abilities that give a chance of death to players is a problem but these people are throwing around their guaranteed kills at whoever for no reason is cool.

Using abilities that have a chance at randomly killing anyone/everyone is not at all the same as a targeted vig. C'mon now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Little Mac posted:

Sure, agreed. Look at that vig, though.

I agree it was a lovely reason. I'm more objecting to Kash trying to make it equivalent or somehow worse to target a vig.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Flamander posted:

Inf's flip showed it - jobs aren't restricted to i.e. town players. Kash has generally been acting reckless with his power. If he's town - then his powers aren't really town friendly, and with the way he's been playing, it would be preferable if he stopped sooner rather than later. If he's scum, then he's scum and should be voted out anyways.

Decided not to because I wanted to wait some more time and see other people's arguments before making my vote.

I have no idea what this posts means, but it sounds like a whole lot of nothing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

How is just throwing vigs out at random every day going to be okay

Vigging for a lovely reason is not the same as random.

You are using an ability that is actually literally random.

Stop trying to make them equivalent.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Except I guess Asiina who made a case by lying about what I said

I am not lying about what you said.

I don't believe you actually have no choice in using your abilities. You are acting like it's the only possible choice, that maybe NOT using your very anti-town abilities is just such a ridiculous option that it's not worth considering. I refuse to let you get away with that premise because it's nonsense.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

This is fantastic though.

I'm fine with purging YT after we get rid of Kash.

I do agree with this. I also think Flam is worth looking at. His post just now was seriously hedgy.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

why is Moat confirmed town?

He was bard copped as town by someone I can't even remember.

I'm really going to have to start taking notes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

oh my loving god, then who copped Keane

That was a lie.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

(allegedly)

Yeah nobody please lie in this game it's difficult enough to keep track of things assuming people are telling the truth tia.

No lying allowed in this here mafia game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

It's stupid as hell that you people want me to play a game and not use my job

It's really not.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

You don't like a townie having a job that is exclusively anti-town? Take it up with the mod, but lynching me for it is a bullshit lazy excuse for not playing the game.

I am not voting you for having an anti-town job. I am voting you because of your posting (or lack of it) D1 and when called out that you made a lovely role fishing content game and obviously had no intentions of ever following up on it you said "I will be at the top of the post count anyway" and then left to not only finish your FJF run but start a new one instead of participating.

Then you come in today and not only are using your anti-town job but acting as if it's ridiculous for anyone to have anything to say about it, that OF COURSE you are going to use it because what other option is there? That's not a real reason and I don't think you honestly believe it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Flamander posted:

There's an important piece of text in the OP:

In a four job fiesta run, you get assigned four jobs from the Super Nintendo video game Final Fantasy V. Following the above sentence to the word, that would mean even scum would get four jobs.

Basically, my point is: I thought it was better to lynch Kashuno sooner than later so that he doesn't end up killing (even more) town (either on purpose, or by accident). I decided not to, for a few reasons. One: I didn't necessarily have any evidence of Kashuno being scum in the first place. Two: I'd probably get singled out if I did vote for Kash. Three: I wanted to see if there were any other cases for scum.

What?

Can someone else read this and see if it makes sense.

That second point is a huge :siren: to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

I just read through like 6 drat pages right after I woke up, didn't someone say they had some ability that was going off on Kash tonight and he was already down to one job?

I don't even know anymore.

• Locked thread