Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Haven't read op at all, signing up as gilgamesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
It's all about the 4x Geomancer.

Squirrels everywhere.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

The reroll system is clearly a trap. The right answer is to reroll any black mages to berserker.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Confirming that Kashuno is missing hp again

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Raeg posted:

I am excited to play this, what I assume to be the final of the fantasies.

It's true, after 5 they realized that that was enough finales, and they moved on to other things.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I will say that, since there was no way to tell what any job did anyway, I force rolled one job into another of my choice because why not, the option was there.

That, however, doesn't really generate any content. It's just a post. I think Kash is trying to get his numbers up by asking a somewhat innocuous and technically game related question, and then responding people. Fishing for the roles people don't have would only really convey information if you also knew which slot it was in and what "game type" they'd selected. This line of questioning will either lead to town accidentally giving away information they shouldn't, or just lead to a bunch of setup talk that doesn't actually push the game forward.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Ok, this thread imploded gloriously while I wasn't watching, bravo!

As for Inf, a n0 cop when we were specifically told that alignment wasn't rolled until after jobs were completed is hard to believe, especially when there was very little day between CPig announcing that jobs were complete and when he announced PMs were out (a bit over an hour)

At the same time, I have no idea why tpink would double down on this sort of gambit.

Still, if Inf is telling the truth, lynching him won't hurt town much and we'll have scum to vote tomorrow. If Inf is lying, he'll already be dead.

<insert Inf vote here, except not because deadline is forever from now and he's at -2>

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mithross posted:

Ok, this thread imploded gloriously while I wasn't watching, bravo!

As for Inf, a n0 cop when we were specifically told that alignment wasn't rolled until after jobs were completed is hard to believe, especially when there was very little delay between CPig announcing that jobs were complete and when he announced PMs were out (a bit over an hour)

At the same time, I have no idea why tpink would double down on this sort of gambit.

Still, if Inf is telling the truth, lynching him won't hurt town much and we'll have scum to vote tomorrow. If Inf is lying, he'll already be dead.

<insert Inf vote here, except not because deadline is forever from now and he's at -2>

mafia edit

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I woke up to 400 posts. 400

I'm reading them now. I better be amazed.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

By the time I got through 400 odd posts there were almost another 200. But you did, in fact, amaze me. This game has turned into the glorious insanity I had hoped for.

I don't like the analogy KB is using to call Bif scum. Revealing yourself as a starting doctor in a different style game is not the same as using abilities that damage scum and town both. People should react differently to them. Also, I can absolutely see town Kash spamming his necro abilities to cause a train wreck.

Note I am not calling Kash's actions pro town. They are not. I am just saying that Kash could very easily be town and still play like this.

fake edit: KB threatening to double down isn't pro town either.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Keep in mind I myself called them out as different but explained that it was a tone feeling thing based on her play. The couple responses seem to have ignored that.

On my own play the mafia players in this game are telling me that Kash's action wasn't anti town. I'm just joining the crowd. Caving to peer pressure. ;)

Honestly I should have probably given it more time for the saner players to agree with me but I got carried away.

You did mention they weren't the same, but you still drew the comparison. Analogy was the wrong word, I admit that. I would still argue that the situation is different enough that it doesn't work. Particularly when this game it's Kash doing anti-town things to amuse himself. You and Kash are very different posters. If you were the one declaring that you were going to "use your ability just because I have it, why wouldn't you" it would be a very different conversation. I can see town kash acting this way (and yes, probably needing to be stopped). I would be hard pressed to build a narrative where you would do so.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Wow. This is so bad. Scumfauxnen.

Now that I agree was bad of Bif.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

He is literally back and posting already, right now

He was gone for ~40 minutes and gave a reason. It may well make it easy to lie to me, but if someone gives a real sounding real life reason for why they didn't post I believe them. I might still want them out of the game if it's an ongoing thing. But I feel like I would want to be believed if I had to leave for some real life concern, so I extend others the same courtesy.

I missed the last line of his "I'm leaving" post where he said he'd actually fired the necro power. I thought you were inflating his threat into "I'm firing my power and walking away", and missed where he actually said that, which was part of why I was so quick to agree with KB there. But I still accept that he walked away and don't find that part of his actions scummy.

Especially since, as you said, he's already back, posting, and talking about it. If he was going to fake walk away it would certainly have been longer, to let other stuff happen.

King Burgundy posted:

This is somewhat fair and was also fair for poque to say but I think people defending anti town play because it is befitting that players personality is pretty bad in and of itself. And if it takes me adopting that personality to make people own their bad opinions then so be it.

Yea, I don't think it should be defended ("Kash should use it, because that's just Kash"), I just don't see it as indicating his alignment. My actual concern with voting Kash out today is he's down two (or three?) jobs, and as such is very close to death, he has already cast doom (and the remaining dark arts are not nearly so threatening), and his play so far has been such that we would not get a lot of information from his flip. He's been the center of a large argument, true, but the nature of the argument wouldn't give us much in the way of alignment reads. I would rather vote out someone who we think is actually scum, and let the horde of berserkers who have to dayvig anyway target someone who is playing anti-town but who's alignment is up in the air.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I want to point out this post from Flam

Flamander posted:

Alright. I've made up my mind. YT vigged Mac without remorse. His reasoning is that it was so that it could help him confirm thoughts about the game.

IMO, that isn't town behaviour. I'd be happy to vote for him. If we didn't, it's likely that he's going to be a detriment to town in the long run.

Pointing out that one, specific thing that happened today as anti-town behaviour as justification for voting the vote leader, when we have pages and pages of people talking about anti-town actions (and performing anti-town actions!). Hell, it was only a page or two later that Lumpen does the exact same thing for even worse reason. (Yes, I'm aware we have a cop result on Lumpen. That was a for example.) This reads like scum trying to justify their bandwagon vote.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I'm going to do this ##vote Flamander

I would jump to YT to avoid NL, but I feel good about this vote.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Tpink I present you two options

:killing: OR :votegop:

it annoys me these are not in perfect sync.

This move on tpink is a late switch, on someone who is (probably) 3p, because he might have used necromancy and not admitted it. While tpink is suspicious, all this is going to do is split the vote and probably cause a no lynch.

##vote YT let's do something, even if it is "sleepwalk"

Will be able to check the thread until about an hour before deadline, which is when I start work.

Fake edit:

tpink posted:

If the rest of town thinks it's a great idea for me to use my necro power to dispel kash's doubts, please so indicate with your votes. If we get to a reasonable number, I'll use it.

This is in fact a scummy thing to recommend, given how close we are to deadline. But again, I really don't see us getting the votes on anyone but YT. I would love you guys to prove me wrong!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Poque posted:

lovely vote

lovely vote

lovely VOTE

lovely VOTE

lovely vote

lovely VOTE

now cross reference this, table b, with table a: people who got real stupid about OH NO THE RANDOM PERCENTAGE KILLS WILL HIT TOWN AND NOT SCUM

Jumping to the vote leader 3 hours to deadline in the hopes of avoiding a no lynch is lovely? I really have missed a lot of amazing developments in SA mafia.

I would say jumping to someone with no votes on them 2 hours to deadline is shittier, unless you really honestly believe enough people are around to do a switch. I'd rather vote flam myself. That's why I voted him earlier.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Poque posted:

are you kidding me with that poo poo Mithross?

With what, the part where I don't think a no lynch is good or the part where I agree with you about who we should be voting?

For the third time, let's get some traction on someone else. Every time someone tries, they try on someone different and we still end up with nothing to show for it. Here, I'll even help ##vote Flamander

I have to leave for work in 30 minutes, and if we don't have traction on Flam or another worthy vote by then I'm switching back to "sleepwalking"

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Poque posted:

I'm sad that people aren't having fun because this has been an extremely fun day as far as I'm concerned

This is a fun game! It just moves really fast sometimes.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Poque posted:

The fun part will be getting to see how people respond to it.

I think you (generic you, not you specifically) need to embrace a certain amount of schadenfreude to enjoy this game. Accept the chaos, be amused at the random bullshit, and try to scumhunt right through it and pull out a win. This is a huge, quadruple role madness game.

Jamuraan posted:

Exactly. If I survive the onslaught of slaughter descending upon us, I will probably have way more fun.

See, that's the right attitude!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

This is my last check in before deadline, Flam and YT are tied so I'll leave me vote where it is.

See you all tomorrow (assuming we survive the triple doom)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Nice call Bif.

Voting Asiina in spirit here, she's at -3 which is much too close considering we have 2 days left. I'm just not a fan of rushing a lynch even when it's a slam dunk. We can still sort through night actions and discuss things.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

It's setup speculation and asking questions. it's a habit I def had as newboe scum, we've all been there. it's like you want to appear relevant to the game, but becaude you know who is town it's holding you back from makign cases on them

This is a cogent and rational post from hawke, and is doubly impressive because I agree.

Added Space is being very very wishy washy today. He voted Poque, then unvoted but "remained suspicious" when Raeg flipped.

Added Space posted:

I have no problem throwing shade around.

YT vigged a townie for no drat reason. Poque was a giant crybaby defending him and swung the vote to a townie. I suspected you until you knocked out a scum. Moat not using a cop ability when that was every townie's first impulse paints a target on him and Max.

If I were scum I'd hop into the middle of a vote instead of trying to lead the charge.

Now when you're being called out for not having opinions, you're pointing out YT (who you just said was more likely to be town because of Raeg) and Poque (same).

He also claimed necro very earlier on, and has gone out of his way to say over and over he hasn't used it, without being asked. He reads like he's feeling guilty.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Hey guys I'm awake and off work today, let's...

oh, I'll be quiet

:redhammer:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Moatillata posted:

Who froze everyone

Also if someone just posts an Elsa gif in response to this I will be forced to berserk them

I'm supremely tempted to do that. But the answer is probably Kash, who only has his wind job of necromancer left.

Also ##vote Added Space I feel like this is a good place to start today. He was scummy yesterday in particular and hadn't played great before that.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

##vote King Burgundy

The Ninth Layer posted:

It's the latter, I'm going to a fourth of July party today.

This is pretty bad. Also it's the third, you liar.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

KB was one of those people that was mad at Kash for doing his necro poo poo and now he actively got a town killed and just went :^)

It's two very different things. Necromancy was a random chance to hit everyone, town and scum alike.

This was killing a lurker.

KB has always been pro-lurker murder, regardless of their alignment or his.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I am less than 15 minutes from turning 31, and I threw my back out for the first time. Good birthday already!

As for the mass claim:

Necro/Chemist/Dancer/Black Mage

D1: Ok, I'll fess up... I used Dark Arts. But after the Kash explosion I didn't want to claim, and after that there never seemed to be a point. I appear scummy enough on my own. (I did enjoy the minor implosion, I'll admit it)
N2: No action (chemists do not get items from before they unlocked chemist, so I couldn't do a mix)
N3: frozen, attempted to flirt with Added Space

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Dancer is a roleblocker
Black Mage is a standard night vig
Chemist does a bunch of weird bullshit if you have the items, which mostly you don't. You get whatever CPig says each day, and each mix takes at least two, and you don't get any from before the job was unlocked.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Apparently the new ff14 raids are the bosses from the void and exdeath.

It's really nice looking, I just unlocked them but haven't tried any of the fights yet.

The raid location is "Interdimensional Rift" just to really hammer it home.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I am now awake and roughly coherent following my birthday revels.

Jam is losing it here. This has gone on for multiple real life days and is starting to read to me like scum using indignation to try and flail out.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

I agree with this actually, but Mithross suddenly showing up to back this up makes me nervous, so Mith please ease my fears and talk about some other people for a sec. Who all is scum?

AS is scum. TNL voted KB on the strength of a single weird post, disappeared, come back the next day and voted KB again for presumably the same reason but who knows, and then disappeared again. I'm really not liking Jam's play today, like I said. Plus somehow despite all this talking he's done, his vote is still on Quid because "I want to believe Inf wasn't lying." There's better reasons to vote Quid, like "forgetting" to use night actions which pretty scummy.

Those are my top 4.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Is the case on Quid that he's lurking and he lurks as scum? I mean that's a fine case because as a mod I saw it firsthand.

that he's lurking, and "forgot to submit" actions, and "wanting to believe inf was right"

two of those are decent to good cases. I'd switch to Quid. I'd switch to Quid nine times.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

In fact I will switch to Quid, I've cooled a little on Added Space today, like it seems several of you have.

I will be around for the rest of the day, I don't have to work for once.

##vote Quid x9

I'm not typing out nine times, that would be silly. Just assume vote finder accepts lovely forum mathematical notation for it's votes.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Poque posted:

whoa hold up

I will hold down.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Poque posted:

Added Space claims to have been jailed on N2? He lost a job that night. Should not be possible.

Day 2 was Doompocalypse wasn't it? Symbol of Doom is a juggernaut kill when it hits.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Poque posted:

I still feel like there is something here. AS couldn't be jailed if TM was lightning rod'd by Jam. There was definitely a jail action flying around out there too - I used mine that night on Murmur and it sounds like it hit:

if two separate people got jailed then this can't be true:

not even a bus drive would do that if two were flying around

We also had a freeze (% chance to jail everyone), and a chaos (% chance to frog everyone) d2.

There were so many dark arts flying around it's hard to prove anything jail or kill related from n2.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Poque posted:

well, bif did specifically say she got frozen so Jam should've known if that were the case. Don't remember anybody specifically calling out being frogged.

yea, I don't think anyone got frogged, I just included it as a thing that happened that day.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mithross posted:

Nice call Bif.

Voting Asiina in spirit here, she's at -3 which is much too close considering we have 2 days left. I'm just not a fan of rushing a lynch even when it's a slam dunk. We can still sort through night actions and discuss things.

This is a cogent and rational post from hawke, and is doubly impressive because I agree.

Added Space is being very very wishy washy today. He voted Poque, then unvoted but "remained suspicious" when Raeg flipped.

Now when you're being called out for not having opinions, you're pointing out YT (who you just said was more likely to be town because of Raeg) and Poque (same).

He also claimed necro very earlier on, and has gone out of his way to say over and over he hasn't used it, without being asked. He reads like he's feeling guilty.

This was my minicase from yesterday, which was what I was voting on at the start of the day, but as I said I've since cooled a bit.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

My lucky streak has ended, I was poisoned last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

IS was a 4 lifer, right? I'm very curious about YT's "super combo" myself

• Locked thread