Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
In.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Might as well ask before hand - are jobs linked to alignment at all? Will all black mage be scum? Or is that all random?

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Stay away from suspicious chests, wandering machines, and turtles trying to play god.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Still working on the math, but town usually benefits slightly from not lynching on day one.

##novote

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Murmur Twin posted:

How do you feel about the assertion that scum often pushes for no lynches on day one because it's easier than making fake cases?

If I wanted to toss out a vote I'd just cry "Revenge!" and hit Inf. :shrug: It's the simple truth of Mafia games that random killing favors scum.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
It's really obvious math. Scum need to kill more people to win, therefore they would support more killing to win more easily.

If D1 isn't random, what are you basing things on other than speculation and stereotype?

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I got Monk last slot and thought about rerolling that one, but figured I wouldn't last that long anyway. I did get the top job I wanted though.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Ok, succumbing to peer pressure.

Getting easily offended seems pretty scum to me. ##vote Murmur Twin

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Someone want to fess up to what this evil most is all about?

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Infinitum posted:

I feel super bad about getting a newbie player lynched, as I generally like to keep them about as long as possible so they can enjoy the game, but I felt like it was a genuine scumslip and it'd go against my wincon not to kill scum on a slip...

So yeah..

Sorry Added Space :unsmith:

No forgiveness hate you forever.

Naw we're good.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Screw you too good buddy. :smith:

##vote Infinitum

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
So we've got a poo poo-ton of bards, which will probably be more exciting when we know what this stuff does.

Loud music and foul mist - sound like my favorite small venue, the one that hosted awesome local shows until it got closed in a drug bust.

Kash is claiming responsibility for the evil mist, but everyone seems to be ignoring that, so I'm sticking with Inf for the moment.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Come on, Inf. Dying is the best thing that could happen to you since that maybe would confirm your story.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
At least it's a fair cop this time Inf. :v:

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
tpink, now's the time to spill. Tell us your jobs and everything you've done.

##vote quid until better info comes along.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I'm down to vote Kash too.

Can confirm the necromancer stuff. 5 one shot abilities chosen at random, 2 of which are random murder. I'm not rolling the dice myself but we got pretty unlucky having those ones fire.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Maybe poison and doom are also full kills? Can anyone who got poisoned confirm?

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Kash is obviously scum trying to dominate the conversation and confuse everyone. Can anyone shut him up?

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Little Mac posted:

Kash is not scum and he's dying tonight anyway per Jam. Voting him is a waste of time. Vote Yorkshire Tea instead.

Yeah, popping a kill out of nowhere is very scum.

##vote Yorkshire Tea

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Every necromancer ability uses the same word for what the ability does. 1/4 chance person is jailed, 4/10 chance person is frogged, 1/6 chance person is poisoned, 1/4 chance person is jailed, 1/4 chance person is unblockably killed. It's a valid reading to say it completely knocks someone out of the game.

Ambiguous language, probably deliberately so. Guess we'll see how many we lose tonight. :shrug:

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Added Space posted:

Every necromancer ability uses the same word for what the ability does. 1/4 chance person is jailed, 4/10 chance person is frogged, 1/6 chance person is poisoned, 1/4 chance person is jailed, 1/4 chance person is unblockably killed. It's a valid reading to say it completely knocks someone out of the game.

Ambiguous language, probably deliberately so. Guess we'll see how many we lose tonight. :shrug:

Mafia edit: One of those should be 1/4 chance for every person to be jailed, all abilities can hit anyone.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Jamuraan posted:

Did you mean to repeat Jailed?

No I'm an idiot. The last necromancer ability is all targeted night actions get assigned a random target.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Assuming 8 scum remaining -

Killing 25% of players kills 2 scum and 5 town. That brings down from 8-12+ kills to win to 6-9+. Either way scum have 50% more work to do than town.

One random kill favors Mafia. Several random kills at the same time is mathematically a neutral action.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Lumpen posted:

Why are people professing to think Little Mac is Town though anyway?

People are killing him for weak reasons.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Raeg posted:

Honestly that's either one hell of a brazen scum team or it's a null tell.

We're talking Mafia goons here. Odds of one or two of them being impatient idiots are pretty good.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
KB: Going necromancer is still a gamble, even if it's flat odds. I want more info on how it works before I fire it off.

Not much point in offing Kush now because he popped both muder abilities, the rest are pretty flatly neutral.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, he should have it all already since he claims to have gotten it as well.

Check my posts, I laid out all the abilities.

I mean we're 80% sure what the scope of poison and doom are, I just want confirmation.

Yeah thinking about it more fog is anti-town.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
tpink, if you want to dodge heat start helping. Tell us your jobs and all the actions you've taken.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

tpink posted:

I had Necromancer as my first job and didn't use it (see my comment above re tending to play as pro-town when I play 3P).

And? What did you pull today?

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Today was water tpink. You're really not helping yourself.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
So those were the jail and frog effects. Everyone be sure to thank KB and our mystery scum necromancer for slowing everything down.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Well gently caress. Not me.

I really don't get the whole argument that lynching YT is too obvious. He did something that was genuinely lynchable and is feeling the heat.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
So.... Killing someone, the primary goal of scum, isn't scum activity. Calling that scum activity is scum activity. Ya'll are going to have to explain this logic to me.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Hurray for peer pressure.

##vote Flam

Now talk.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Bifauxnen posted:

town also wants to kill people

scum people

Yeah, but he didn't kill the guy because he thought he was scum. He killed him for being vaguely annoying, and brother there's so many better choices for that.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Calling it before deadline - you hosed up on lynching a viable candidate for no real reason. I'm blaming Mr. My-Poor-Feelings Poque.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Kashuno posted:

ADDED SPACE NEEDS TO DIE TOMORROW

Hey I voted ya jerk. Not my fault you type so fast you can't read.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
:redhammer:

... Right?

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Did everyone freakin' reroll necromancer in the first two slots? What the hell even is this? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
So, turns out Necromancy was a bad idea. Oh gee. Still got mine, still never using it.

With Little Mac flipping Town YT still looks suspicious. Of course my suspicion goes more to the guy who came in going:

:cry: "Killing isn't a scum move! Saying mean things about a killer is a scum move!"

Then his scumbros come in to swing the vote to a townie.

##vote Poque

• Locked thread