Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Well, then, never mind.

##unvote

I still think Poque is full of crap, but that clears my suspicion of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Poque posted:

Why does it clear me

My suspicion of you was premised on YT being scum. Raeg was scum but voted for YT, meaning that YT was less likely to be scum.

Then again Raeg allowed himself to be cowed on his vig. Hmmm.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Thanks Bif, you're good people.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Bif MVP.

So, my d1 job was White Mage, which is just straight Doc. Hit tpink with it n1 (didn't have good reads on anyone else, figured he'd be useful to have around), got jailed n2, deffo doccing you tonight if some weird random poo poo doesn't happen again.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Moatillata posted:

Also why the hell did you guys have to kill my Heisenberg now I lost my summoner

Oh hey what do Summoners do?

Hope things get better for you Asiina.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Soooo, Moat.... why did you use the Random Murder ability and not the cop ability?

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
The goddamn rng is broken. :argh:

Or, conjecture, maybe the scum have some ability to influence the RNG? I had a thought that scum RNG actions don't hit scum at night, maybe. It would give them a little more control since they may not have a night kill?

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Just thinking out loud, bro. :shrug: It's hard to say with DOOMPACOLYPSE but the lack of a complete kill n1 does seem a bit odd. It leaves scum heavily at the mercy of random chance.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

It's setup speculation and asking questions. it's a habit I def had as newboe scum, we've all been there. it's like you want to appear relevant to the game, but becaude you know who is town it's holding you back from makign cases on them

I have no problem throwing shade around.

YT vigged a townie for no drat reason. Poque was a giant crybaby defending him and swung the vote to a townie. I suspected you until you knocked out a scum. Moat not using a cop ability when that was every townie's first impulse paints a target on him and Max.

If I were scum I'd hop into the middle of a vote instead of trying to lead the charge.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Goddammit, any time I say anything in these games someone tells me I'm being suspicious. It's super annoying.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Bifauxnen posted:

:laffo:

Don't doc me tonight if you're a quack, mate

We both assume the same thing, therefore I'm scum? Once again, you need to explain your logic, Bif, because it's beyond me.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Ok, at this point I'm just confused. Why do I seem suspicious to people? Honest question, I'm not understanding thought processes here.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Actually, thinking about it, Bif is pretty suspicious.

She claims cop and names a town, classic scum gambit.

She claims cop and names a scum, who by COMPLETE COINCIDENCE wanted to bow out at that exact time.

And then she throws shade at me for assuming there are 8 scum, a gambit the self-confirmed scum already tried earlier.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Really?

B: I use a day cop to find the top ranked scum!

A: Aww shucks! Good thing I wanted to quit anyway!

No-one else finds that suspicious?

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

IllegallySober posted:

It's a little suspicious to me but not enough to not flip Asiina today and see what happens later.

Yeah. Cpig said flips are plurality, so right now we're just running down the clock.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Am I the only native English speaker itt? Does noone know the definition and purpose of assuming something?

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
##vote Asiina

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Asiina posted:

Quote this post with your favourite song or line from FFV and I will quote you something from the scumdoc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHbYbIeQP8

Added Space fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 30, 2017

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
drat ambiguous vertical line character.

Someone else link Clash on the Big Bridge

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHbYIbleQP8

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHbYIbleQP8

Asiina posted:

Quote this post with your favourite song or line from FFV and I will quote you something from the scumdoc.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

King Burgundy posted:

I have no vote today.

Fisk visited me.

Given previous rules that means he was likely the one active necromancer yesterday.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

IllegallySober posted:

How do you figure?

Last tracker was visited by the summoner that hit everyone n1. Doom also hits everyone.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Jamuraan posted:

Anyone who has vigkilled a townie over and over needs to be lynched.

This includes YT and Kash. Both have killed MULTIPLE townies INTENTIONALLY and both are still alive??????????!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Exactly He has the best factual case again him.

White Mage/Necromancer/Cannoner/Monk

N1 Doc tpink
N2 jailed
N3 doc self

Cannoner (still got the job description for some reason) can be summarized as 'targeted night fuckery'. It has a weird tree of random effects up to a night vig.

Monk is pgo but has to be activated so it can't stack with other actions

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
YT just keeps killing townies. Also at one point he said he had good jobs for if he was town.

Secondary suspects:

Poque for whining and swinging the vote away from YT
Bif for an unrealistic stroke of good luck

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Max posted:

That's not extreme luck, that's smart.

The one who voluntarily steps down saying she wanted to quit minutes later? I call that either luck or collusion.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

You asked me not to doc you, so I didn't. :shrug:

##vote Yorkshire Tea

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Bifauxnen posted:

always good to keep the possibility in mind!

oh yeah I havent voted yet

##vote Added Space

Mithross you got any more thoughts?

So what's your case again? From what I recall it was that I guessed a number once.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Bifauxnen posted:

hey you know what would convince people you're town way more than this? Not pretending you haven't read all the other cases on you, giving up on poo poo rebuttals like this, and trying to go down at least doing the best you can for the town in the wake of your mislynch.

Post YOUR cases. Who's scum and why. Make sure we got a nice and clear last will and testament to look at if you flip town.

So you've got nothing, you say?

Cases:
YT for his constant town killing and secrecy
Poque for his brilliant defense of YT that town killing isn't scum
You for an unrealistic stroke of luck and accusing me based on jack-all
Moat for not copping when he had the chance, instead opting for maximum murder
Max for defending both the previous

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Well, Bif, preemptive opportunity. When I do flip town, what's your excuse for leading the charge on an innocent player?

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Bifauxnen posted:

my excuse is: you were in my group of high-priority targets with 4 lives, which has proven to be a worthwhile strategy, and of that group, you were the scummiest looking, and your shithouse responses to me did nothing to ease my suspicions. Ta!

Scummy for what reason? You keep avoiding saying why. You've got precisely nothing and are banking on your reputation to fill in the gaps with supposition.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Bifauxnen posted:

Nah it's cause I've posted shitloads already, and so has Birb, and it amuses me to see you keep leaning on the "you got nothing" excuse as if the posts aren't all there

Again, the only reason you gave was that I guessed the scum number was about 25% of the total.

You keep ducking the question and I'll just keep pointing out you're trying to railroad someone for no reason.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Bifauxnen posted:

P.S. 29 divided by 4 = 7.25

Which is right between KB's guess of 6 and mine of 8. So , are you bad at accusations or at math?

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Poque's easy. YT vigs a townie. He's the vote leader until Poque comes in bawling like a baby, claiming that vigging a townie isn't suspicious at all. Then the vote swings to - a townie Poque put up. Seems fairly transparent to me.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Poque posted:

really at this point I'm hesitant to fully exonerate anybody who is claimed to be town from a cop investigation, since we have no idea if there are special scum abilities (like godfather or a factional NK) AND alignments were determined after jobs went out. A not town result is worth looking into but a town result is only slightly better than null

Players have told me that speculating about scum abilities is something only scum would do. So, you're double guilty now guy.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Poque posted:

is this a reference to the 8 scum thing? because I don't like that case, it's silly

No, I meant the other half of Bif's nothing case, where I speculated about scum being able to beat the rng and Hawk piped up with "you must be scum because only scum speculate."

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Bifauxnen posted:

note: he always has to frame it as "Bif's case" even though Birb started it ages ago and developed it and I just agreed later, because Birb is flipped town

Yes, because when I flip town I want my bony, innocent finger pointed squarely at you.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Kashuno posted:

Added space has not interacted with Jam except to cl him correct once

Two more scum found you're welcome friends

:goonsay: Actually I tried to doc Jam N2 when I got jailed.

Mithross hasn't talked much so I don't have a read on him. Let me review.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Mithross has been riding the coattails of public opinion mostly, but he did vote Flam before Poque had his crying fit - so Mithross is moderately suspicious as someone trying to hide in the crowd.

Yeah, would vote for him or Jam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Bifauxnen posted:

why did you want to pick Jam on N2?

also why were you so sure of me being town thanks to the Asiina stuff on D3 at first, to the point that you said you were totally gonna doc me, but then decided to drop it and go all conspiracy theory about how it's actually scum conspiracy to call out a 4-life scum with little suspicion on her except for me, and call me scum and doc yourself instead.... only after I got suspicious of you?

I was going to doc KB until he started his "Aww shucks, you talked me into random murder" spiel. After that I went back to people who said they were poisoned and picked the one that seemed least offensive.

I became suspicious if you after thinking a bit how coincidental it was you copped someone who was trying to quit, and it didn't help when you accused an innocent person (ie me).

• Locked thread