Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I probably won't be around much.

But signing up anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

this is a stickup posted:

all you need to do is send cpig a pm saying 'pure chaos' like the rest of the goods

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That seems pretty cool.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

Mine just says trump, deathproof.

Vote out trump.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

Wow some of you have posted more in the pre game than you will in the actual game

Yeah. They are building up their posts so they can lurk harder.

I am also doing that.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jamuraan posted:

:siren: scum found :siren:

I've been scum in 3 of the 4 FF games I believe. So wouldn't shock me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Infinitum posted:

Ok thank you for nominating yourself as the statistically correct play D1

I'm torn actually. Does it make it more likely I'll be scum or less, since it's already happened so often?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kash is the scum.

##vote Kashuno

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

Please don't kill me my abilities only get cooler from here on out

actually other than inf maybe we should all no lynch to use our cool abilities

This makes me think you are scum even more.

I only know my first job's ability, and it's pretty normal.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

My first job had a lot of options as well

Hmmm. Ok.

##unvote

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Added Space posted:

Still working on the math, but town usually benefits slightly from not lynching on day one.

##novote

There is no way this is true.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

Content game: who rerolled what jobs and why!

I didnt roll any of my jobs back because 3 of them were awesome and 1 was very solid

I rerolled Dancer because I didn't feel like dancing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also treating D1 like it's useless is pro scum.

What happens D1/N1 is what allows better hunting on D2. If nothing happens D1(and if due to the 4 lives thing there are also no deaths N1), that gives us nothing to go on for D2.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Cool, so Moat is town and Inf and Keane aren't?

I'm down to vote either of them.

##vote Inf

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Anyway, you guys should vote Kash.

He did a content game that was essentially role fishing, did absolutely no followup on it, which says to me that he didn't actually care about what he was posting then disappeared. When called out on it he immediately appeared to say that he was going to have a high post count no matter what and then left again.

The whole thing feels bad to me.

Before I saw the cop thing, I liked a Kash vote too. I hadn't really thought about it when he first did it, but, in hindsight that could have been a "game" to let the scum know what people didn't have certain jobs/roles. I think someone else may have mentioned this as well.

But not worth pursuing for today if we have two cop results to go after first.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So the non town so far are Inf, Keane, Tpink, and maybe possibly Quid?

I'll move to Keane for now.

##vote Keane

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

Quid might be great to kill anyway but n0 doesn't exist :v:

KB seeming surprisingly off-game on details so far :thunk:

The maybe possibly is because I'm not sure we want to believe the copped non town/admitted non town.

You seem very confident though. Do you know something we don't?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

alI I know is that there was never any mention of an n0 and that's when Inf said he copped Quid!!

I assumed it was a dumb joke, I don't know about you though

Not assuming it's a joke. Nothing about it seemed like a joke to me.

I did think it was possibly a lie that Inf told to gauge reactions, since it's a thing he does. And now he's doubling down on it since he's outed.

But like with some of the other stuff, probably not relevant to today's choices. Just something to keep in mind for later days.

The Ninth Layer posted:

I got the impression that there are day actions and that's what people are talking about re: investigations.

Yeah, Bard can apparently 1 shot day cop, we have 3 claimed results: Moat=town, Inf=Nottown, Keane=Nottown. And since Inf has admitted to being not town, these seem pretty solid.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Infinitum posted:

I would never lie in a game of mafia

This is serious mum

Ok, well now it seems like a joke.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

satisfied yet, KB?

Quite.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##vote Kashuno

He appears to definitely be going for scum MVP at the moment.

As an FYI I am poisoned now thanks to Kashuno.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

My job that just unlocked was Necromancer. All of it's abilities are horrible bad things. The one Kash used yesterday has a 15% chance to poison everyone. The one he is using now will kill through any protection at a 25% chance.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

Ah yes the known scumplay of claiming the source of damage to town to get attention drawn to them, of course.

I don't know that you are scum, I know that you are deliberately wiping us all out. You are horrible.

Your other abilities won't be kills, but they are also horrible. And I know you will use them.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, fyi, I'm poisoned now too. Thanks Kash.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Little Mac posted:

What do we have to do to bring doom?

Despite Infinitum's truthfulness about his role, I'm not sure I believe the n0 cop thing still. Also interesting that even 3ps don't have flavor.

FYI that Inf flipped Ranger, which is a watcher(that was my starting job). So that definitely didn't give him the N0 cop ability. If it was real it was not from his jobs.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

And since I shared everything else already, I'll also note that I self watched last night and two people visited me and as far as I can tell, nothing bad happened to me other than Kash's poison.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I forgot about that.

Hopefully that job got killed so they don't inflict doom today.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, it's not like he can really even argue he was hurting scum too, since odds are a move like that hurt town way worse given there are always far more town to start with.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

If your argument against me is 'wow can you believe kash is using his job instead of just sitting there all game' you can gently caress off and try and build a real one

I'm going to use my power that takes away everyone elses, which will mostly hit town due to starting game odds. A cool thing that Kash thinks is the right move.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Little Mac posted:

kash is unbelievably town lmao

Probably. Probably the one that didn't claim was scum.

But that doesn't change the fact that he's going to keep using his ability, which means on future days you can also look forward to getting frogged, and having everyone in the game bus driven, and having random jailings.

After he kills off another 25% of the jobs in the game tonight thanks to the Doom he just used.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Added Space posted:

I'm down to vote Kash too.

Can confirm the necromancer stuff. 5 one shot abilities chosen at random, 2 of which are random murder. I'm not rolling the dice myself but we got pretty unlucky having those ones fire.

I hadn't even realized they were random choices, but I just reread and you are right.

So he just got lucky with the worst possible results then.

I mean, the others still take away our agency for a night, but at least we still have our jobs after.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

I won't discuss ongoing games, but "lynched town" isn't anti-town in nature :)

Depends on the circumstances, so you are correct.

For example, I believe it is pro town to cuddle you, even if you don't turn out to be scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

should we think about there being no "NK" last night, like a four-job kill, because i jailed quid

I'm pretty sure we saw lots of NKs.

CapitalistPig posted:

:siren:

Death in this game, when you are targetted with a kill, you do not die, one of your jobs dies. This gives everyone four lives essentially.

When you are targetted with a kill successfully one of your jobs will die (randomly determined).

When all four jobs are dead, then you are considered dead and removed from the game.

:siren:

CapitalistPig posted:

Two huge tsunamis swept over the world last night!

Kashuno has lost his fire job!
Max has lost his water job!
Little Mac has lost his wind job!
Poque has lost his fire job!
bowmore has lost his fire job!
Chaoslord has lost his fire and earth jobs!

It is now day 2!

The day's terrain is - Desert

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That reads as 7 NKs to me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

feels like 2 NK actions to me, that hit "7" people aka 1.75 people

Well, you are going to have fun deciding what tonight means.

How many of us have claimed to be poisoned? Like at least 6 or so? So that's 6 deaths right there. Plus 25% of the remaining jobs thanks to the Doom Kash cast. Not going to do the math on that, but it's a lot.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

Well, you are going to have fun deciding what tonight means.

How many of us have claimed to be poisoned? Like at least 6 or so? So that's 6 deaths right there. Plus 25% of the remaining jobs thanks to the Doom Kash cast. Not going to do the math on that, but it's a lot.

Oh wait, not 25% of jobs remaining, 25% of player count remaining in jobs. Still high. But easy math to do. 28 alive right now. So 6 to 7 jobs are going to go away tonight due to Doom plus however many are poisoned. So looking at 12+ kills tonight just from Kash.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Ninth Layer posted:

My intuition is that scum would have a full kill in this game to match the full kill of the town execution. But it sounds like other people disagree?

Pig told us directly the only thing that would kill more than a single job on a player is the cuddle.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

me neither. so in this case

there was no factional kill :aaa:

this is literally all I was trying to bring up you dumbdumb

The factional kill was probably a single job, going by what Pig told us, so there WAS one, it was in the list of 7 deaths.

If you think it's crazy they'd only get a single job kill as a factional kill in addition to job powers, I counter with what little we've seen of the jobs so far and how many jobs they can kill.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tired Moritz posted:

eeeeh

I'm more tempted to kill the dudes that are throwing berserks around for no reason

One of those dudes, Moat, is confirmed town, and was vigging the guy that is killing so many town.

Your post and reasoning are bad.

You are on my scum list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Given the alternate was to lynch a copped scum, yes.

Given what we know now, do you still believe Quid was copped as scum? Are you theorizing Inf had some other magical powers not related to jobs?

• Locked thread