Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Do you think this helps or hurts the property value?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It sure is, op. It sure is.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

big nipples big life posted:

Do you think this helps or hurts the property value?

It's probably the street where they house sex offenders

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
"Evelyn T. Butts rose to prominence in the 1960s when she successfully challenged Virginia's poll tax.
The Norfolk native filed a lawsuit in November 1963 challenging the constitutionality of Virginia's $1.50 poll tax, a fee required of voters. In interviews before her death, Butts, who was an unemployed seamstress when she filed the suit, said she could not afford to pay the tax

In December 1963 a three-judge panel was appointed to hear the case, Butts vs. Harrison. In March 1964, the judges ordered that the lawsuit be combined with similar lawsuits filed by other plaintiffs. The case was dismissed in May 1964, but that same month Butts filed another lawsuit. The case was again heard by a three-judge panel, who upheld the poll tax in November 1964.
In October 1965, the U.S. Supreme Court agreed to hear Butts' appeal.

Her attorney, the late Joseph A. Jordan Jr. was joined in arguing the case by U.S. Solicitor General Thurgood Marshall, who was to become a U.S. Supreme Court justice. The Supreme Court voted 6-3 to eliminate the poll tax in March 1966, two and one-half years after Butts sued.

After the decision, Butts said the victory was an accomplishment not just for poor blacks, but also for poor whites who could not afford to pay the tax.
Butts became active in numerous civic, community and political organizations and received dozens of awards for her service.

Among her many accomplishments was her appointment as the first black woman commissioner to the Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority in 1975. In November, the city of Norfolk named a street in her honor."

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Butts giving Rosa Parks a literal run for her money

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's a shame that her middle initial wasn't Z then people would say 'drat you live on Ez street' and you could scream check again it says e z butts street!! And everyone would laugh.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

walgreenslatino posted:

"Evelyn T. Butts rose to prominence in the 1960s when she successfully challenged Virginia's poll tax.
The Norfolk native filed a lawsuit in November 1963 challenging the constitutionality of Virginia's $1.50 poll tax, a fee required of voters. In interviews before her death, Butts, who was an unemployed seamstress when she filed the suit, said she could not afford to pay the tax

In December 1963 a three-judge panel was appointed to hear the case, Butts vs. Harrison. In March 1964, the judges ordered that the lawsuit be combined with similar lawsuits filed by other plaintiffs. The case was dismissed in May 1964, but that same month Butts filed another lawsuit. The case was again heard by a three-judge panel, who upheld the poll tax in November 1964.

Her attorney, the late Joseph A. Jordan Jr. was joined in arguing the case by U.S. Solicitor General Thurgood Marshall, who was to become a U.S. Supreme Court justice. The Supreme Court voted 6-3 to eliminate the poll tax in March 1966, two and one-half years after Butts sued.

After the decision, Butts said the victory was an accomplishment not just for poor blacks, but also for poor whites who could not afford to pay the tax.
Butts became active in numerous civic, community and political organizations and received dozens of awards for her service.

Among her many accomplishments was her appointment as the first black woman commissioner to the Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority in 1975. In November, the city of Norfolk named a street in her honor."

This only embiggens my love for Butts

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
The wholesome American family living on Butts Avenue. Father getting more and more annoyed as passersbys take pictures of the butts sign and by association his house. Mother always reassures Father that it's not a big deal, but inside she holds her own remorseful thoughts for moving here. The little Daughter loves the attention, but Father knows the magic of Butts Aveneue will wear off quick in her teenage years.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

walgreenslatino posted:

thurgoo dmarshall was a fuckin hoss

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
eleventie isn't a word, virginia, but i appreciate your enthusiasm

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
One: House
Features: Big 'ol wall

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
op delivers the butts :getin:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

What kind of butts are we talking here?

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Putty posted:

The wholesome American family living on Butts Avenue. Father getting more and more annoyed as passersbys take pictures of the butts sign and by association his house. Mother always reassures Father that it's not a big deal, but inside she holds her own remorseful thoughts for moving here. The little Daughter loves the attention, but Father knows the magic of Butts Aveneue will wear off quick in her teenage years.

Coming to theaters this holiday season, a heartwarming story about a charming little street where anything can happen... "The Magic of Butts Avenue"

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Op delivers. Voted 5

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Pawn 17 posted:

What kind of butts are we talking here?

Civil rights hero Butts

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Evelyn is a nice name. If I had a daughter, I would like to name her Evelyn. Tragically though, my last name is not Butts. Another life, perhaps.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

fishing with the fam posted:

Evelyn is a nice name. If I had a daughter, I would like to name her Evelyn. Tragically though, my last name is not Butts. Another life, perhaps.

if the artist formerly known as Prince can change his name to a wingding i think you can become the Butts

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

*lights dynamite sticks*

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

ahahaha really

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the 6900 block of butts

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

...and the pitch! posted:

Civil rights hero Butts

Ah, butts of righteousness! Some butts were meant for greatness.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Pawn 17 posted:

Ah, butts of righteousness! Some butts were meant for greatness.

Some Butts raise up other butts

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
evil in t' butts.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

...and the pitch! posted:

Some Butts raise up other butts

A butt amongst butts

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

IS IT A DIRT ROAD C'MON MAN I NEED THIS

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

PFft, Butts Station Road is the better butt road

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Xaintrailles posted:

evil in t' butts.

Check out this prude

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
All of these are in NY:

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 21, 2017

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

IS IT A DIRT ROAD C'MON MAN I NEED THIS

It's like rain

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
lmao https://www.google.com/maps/place/K...fS2B78Q8gEIKDAA

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

All of these are in NY:

Who put the suck in Weesuck Avenue?
Who put the death in Shades of Death Road?
Who put the misery in Skunks Misery Road?
Who put the A.I.D.S. in the People With A.I.D.S. Plaza?

Who was that man?
I'd like to shake his hand.
He made my baby fall in love with me!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Eagerly awaiting for the first goon to purchase Imgay Av

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Not a street sign I know, but I always get a smirk that a lot of Texans shop at the Butt grocery store

Though can't make too much fun of them, they do have a charity Butt Family Foundation

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
They should open up next to this place in Brooklyn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

walgreenslatino posted:

bet she got that booty

• Locked thread