Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
whatever happened to ask jeeves?

asking computers questions used to be lame when we did it in netscape over ssl, now we wire our homes with microphones that totally won't be remotely activated by the nsa to ask computers questions

i just want to fire up netscape firebird firefox and ask jeeves some questions is that so much to ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

jeeves should have a threesome with siri and cortana :q:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I prefer to ask beeves

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

mishaq posted:

jeeves should have a threesome with siri and cortana :q:

sounds like a real dogpile

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Ask.com is still around. My friend interviewed with them and he said during the coding question the interviewer sat there eating Doritos while watching him

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

flakeloaf posted:

sounds like a real dogpile

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Always baffled that there are people who can't grasp "type some words that should be in the pages you want"

Ask.com has (leases) a tower in downtown Oakland with their name on it, they're doing ok

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Maximo Roboto posted:

Ask.com is still around. My friend interviewed with them and he said during the coding question the interviewer sat there eating Doritos while watching him
When I interviewed there a guy asked me how to handle errors in a jsp. I said I didn't know but threw out some guesses, saying that they were guesses. He just kept asking again. Don't be the interviewer who can't move on from a question.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
maybe he didn't know himself and wanted some hot tips

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
jeeves was replaced by akinator, hth

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

pram posted:

maybe he didn't know himself and wanted some hot tips

"seriously dude, i need to fix this by cob"

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

akadajet posted:

I prefer to ask beeves

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004