Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
It's back! Limited time only!

Being in my mid-thirties I grew up with knowledge of this mysterious beverage but was fortunate enough to be too young to actually consume it. So hearing of it's return and seeing it at the grocery store I decided I must partake in the forbidden fruit. My partner warned me, it's not good, don't do it. I did not heed the warnings and went to the bar and ordered one. It should have been a bad sign when I was offered a Jolly Rancher. I was told I should drop it into the beverage to improve the taste. What could a Jolly Rancher do? I had swig. It's not that bad! "Wait a second..." Ugh, it tastes like a vodka tonic that someone has vomited in. I went for the Jolly Rancher. It was not an improvement, it tasted like vodka tonic, watermelon and vomit.

Don't buy this poo poo. 90's nostalgia is not worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
oh god shut up

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Good av, bad post

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
How's the condo?

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
Yay you rediscovered something that's common knowledge amongst the olds. If they were right about this, what else were they also right about?

STOP LITTERING
Sep 11, 2005

I saw this at Grocery Outlet just the other day and honestly I thought I imagined it.

But lol it went straight to the shelves of Grocery Outlet.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dear diary,

Today I had a glass of water that wasn't as cold as I wanted it to be.
It was moderately cold, but not as cold as if it had, like, a LOT of ice in it. You know how sometimes you have like, a lot a lot of ice in the glass and the water is SUPER cold and it's too cold? And then sometimes you don't have enough ice and you pour the water in and the ice all melts and the little left over cubes just sorta float at the top all mostly melted and gross and the tepid water just makes them spin around? This was definitely the latter. For sure.

Anyway, there wasn't even a lemon slice to go in the water and so I'm sitting there, with this barely below room temperature water without lemon, without straw, just LOOKING at it and I see this car go by, right? And it's RED, and it had FOUR doors on it, FOUR, can you believe that? There was only one guy in it! And I was like holy poo poo what does one guy need four doors on a car for if there's only one of him? Seems weird to me.

SuperiorColliculus
Oct 31, 2011

Does your car have doors that open like \_/ or straight out to the side like a poor?

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
Excuse me, I ordered a Zima, not emphysema

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Junk posted:

Excuse me, I ordered a Zima, not emphysema

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

Dear diary,

Today I had a glass of water that wasn't as cold as I wanted it to be.
It was moderately cold, but not as cold as if it had, like, a LOT of ice in it. You know how sometimes you have like, a lot a lot of ice in the glass and the water is SUPER cold and it's too cold? And then sometimes you don't have enough ice and you pour the water in and the ice all melts and the little left over cubes just sorta float at the top all mostly melted and gross and the tepid water just makes them spin around? This was definitely the latter. For sure.

Anyway, there wasn't even a lemon slice to go in the water and so I'm sitting there, with this barely below room temperature water without lemon, without straw, just LOOKING at it and I see this car go by, right? And it's RED, and it had FOUR doors on it, FOUR, can you believe that? There was only one guy in it! And I was like holy poo poo what does one guy need four doors on a car for if there's only one of him? Seems weird to me.
i only want to hear about things you paid money for. hearing about things people buy is some good conversatin

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Can you imagine if 3O had to venture outside his little bubble world? That would make for a wacky sitcom.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I saw the Zima bottle and in my mind I immedialty start reading 3O's post in the voice of a concussed Greg Proops.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

gently caress three olives zima is delicious

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it's the best most refreshing drink i've ever had in my life

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hell Yeah posted:

ill take your word for it

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hell Yeah posted:

:frogout:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Anyone ever try purple drank?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Anyone ever try purple drank?

Sippin on that sizzurp. :birddrugs:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Sippin on that sizzurp. :birddrugs:

I want to try it. Want to get my purple drank on.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWZ9ihZ_TUw

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I want to try it. Want to get my purple drank on.

Cool enthusiasm bruh. :smug:

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

How many of y'all have been the biggest mistake of that someone else has made in a bar?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

gary oldmans diary posted:

i only want to hear about things you paid money for. hearing about things people buy is some good conversatin

Lol if you're too poor to drink water that you had to pay for.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Vynar posted:

How many of y'all have been the biggest mistake of that someone else has made in a bar?

The OP, lots of times, I'm sure of it.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

fresh_cheese posted:

Yay you rediscovered something that's common knowledge amongst the olds. If they were right about this, what else were they also right about?

literally nothing else ever

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Vynar posted:

*raises hand*

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol @ all the old cum stains all over 3O's dallas strip mall watering hole

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Zima is the most 3O drink tho. In my head, 3O is a cross between Billy Eichner, Otto Warmbier and Morrisey, holding a Zima.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Zima Clearmalt is a clear, lightly carbonated alcoholic beverage, that was made and distributed by the Coors Brewing Company. Introduced in 1993, it was marketed as an alternative to beer, an example of what is now often referred to as a cooler, with 4.7%–5.4% alcohol by volume.[1] Its production in the United States ceased in October 2008, but it is still marketed in Japan.[2] MillerCoors announced on June 2, 2017 that there would be a limited release of Zima. It is currently for sale for a limited time.[3]

Zima
Type Malt beverage
Manufacturer Coors Brewing Company
Country of origin U.S.
Introduced 1993, 2017 (limited release)
Discontinued U.S. 2008
Proof (US) 10
Variants Citrus, Tangerine, Pineapple Citrus
Related products Smirnoff Ice

History

Zima means "winter" in Slavic languages. David Placek, at Lexicon Branding, working with the company's Russian linguist came up with the name. It was launched nationally in the United States as Zima Clearmalt in 1993 after being test-marketed two years earlier in the cities of Nashville, Sacramento, and Syracuse. The lemon-lime drink was part of the "clear craze" of the 1990s that produced products such as Crystal Pepsi and Tab Clear.[4] The slogans used in early advertisements for Zima were "a truly unique alcohol beverage" and "Zomething different".

Zima offered an alternative to the then-successful wine cooler category, and it became very popular. Coors spent $50 million marketing Zima in its first year, persuading nearly half of American alcohol drinkers to try it. Brandweek magazine reported that at Zima's peak in 1994, 1.2 million barrels of the beverage were sold. Originally popular among young women, Coors made its first attempt at attracting young men to the brand in 1995 by marketing Zima Gold, an amber-colored beverage that promised a "taste of bourbon"; the drink was unpopular and disappeared from store shelves within the year.[4]

In describing "The Long, Slow, Torturous Death of Zima", writer Brendan Koerner cited Zima's perceived reputation as a "girly-man" beverage and its persistent parodying by late-night TV host David Letterman.[4] The Chicago Tribune reported that distributors were asked to stock "caffeinated alcoholic beverage Sparks on retail store shelves to make up for Zima’s absence".[5]

In the late 2000s, the beverage was marketed in three additional flavors: citrus, tangerine, and pineapple citrus.[4] In addition, blackberry and green apple flavors were also marketed.

On October 20, 2008, MillerCoors LLC announced that it had discontinued production of Zima in the U.S., choosing instead to focus on other "malternative" beverages.[4] Zima is still sold and marketed in Japan.[6]

In February of 2017, MillerCoors announced that they are in negotiations to bring Zima back to the U.S. market.[7] On June 2, 2017, it was announced the Zima would have a limited release beginning on July 4th weekend.[3]

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What happened to drinking normal alcoholic beverages that's been made the same way for centuries?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Lol if you're too poor to drink water that you had to pay for.
im not paying for a glass of water. this is america jack

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I worked at a gay bar in the early 2000's and I had a guy that would buy zima with a shot of grenadine in it, it was a good while after I found out he was using the grenadine to hide the fact he was pouring whiskey into the bottle after he left the my eyesight.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

My hesrt is beating very fast and i fear i might die from this hangover

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

How's the HIV growing these days op?

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe you should update your profile pic 3o because you obvy don't look like that anymore

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I liked op's old red title where it said "i need to die of aids" or something. this trumatar bullshit has gone too far

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
if a gay guy says he's mid 30s it means he's what, 37? 38?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

who gives a gently caress about any of this

• Locked thread