Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
fruit is not that expensive and not that hard to juice yet Big Juice would have you believe their main product is soda with the amount of sugar water that constitutes juice these days. who gives a Hawaiian Punch about the health of our children and childish adults when profit margins can always be expanded and quality cut? what the hell is Tang? do you trust concentrates or are you too busy drinking Kool-AIDS flavorade?

it's Capri-Sunday and I'm mad as hell!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Les Os posted:

fruit is not that expensive and not that hard to juice yet Big Juice would have you believe their main product is soda with the amount of sugar water that constitutes juice these days. who gives a Hawaiian Punch about the health of our children and childish adults when profit margins can always be expanded and quality cut? what the hell is Tang? do you trust concentrates or are you too busy drinking Kool-AIDS flavorade?

I loving hate you

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Which OS is the Les one?

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I never drink fruit juice because I'm a grown-rear end man. Just whiskey, water, and beer.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

get a Juicero you miserable prole

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

Les Os posted:

It's marketing tactics via "health conscious consumer" ideology. It's a telltale sign because actually healthy food doesn't advertise itself as healthy.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I loving hate you

Tough, but fair.

:agreed:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Les Os posted:

Les Os more like Less Oj

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Are you sure it wasn't fruit drink OP?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I once got a capri sun with two straws

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I once got a capri sun with two straws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNCkHsOTJT4

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic: fruit juice is neither fruit nor juice. Discuss.

Dead Hippie Ghost
Jun 23, 2015

tears for queers
afk -> you know me
sponsored by Healer LLC
That's why I drink nothing but tangerines la croix dude. Makes no claims to be either fruit or juice, and yes is naturally essenced with what I can only assume is fruit.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
la croix is for teenage girls and people who wear sweater vests

Jorf Glodblom
Jan 1, 2015
Tired of fruit juice with no fruit in it?
Tired of Europe with no Europeans in it?
New from the makers of of V8, it's V14/88!
Eliminate the juice, preserve your hydration,
and invade your tastebuds with V14/88!

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
There's plenty of 100% juice available, the bigger problem is they all have so much sugar, not added sugar, but still sugar.

I saw something once where someone said, if you have an orange, how much fructose sugar are you getting? The sugar from 1 orange. But if you drink a tall 12-16 oz glass of orange juice, now how much sugar are you getting?

I guess the point is, just because it's 100% natural juice with vitamins and minerals doesn't make it the best thing to have.

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Because capitalism.

next question?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Talk to your local PTA about reforming the school lunch pogrom

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I'll tell you a secret op it starts with J and ends with uice

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Talk to your local PTA about reforming the school lunch pogrom

I hope this isnt a typo

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Juice is garbage unfermented op. Totally pointless

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Just mix in some fiber cereal and you are g2g

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Jorf Glodblom posted:

Tired of fruit juice with no fruit in it?
Tired of Europe with no Europeans in it?
New from the makers of of V8, it's V14/88!
Eliminate the juice, preserve your hydration,
and invade your tastebuds with V14/88!

I laughed

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

moose face posted:

Juice is garbage unfermented op. Totally pointless

how else do you make mimosas?

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
I prefer bug juice, op.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Why is it spelled Betelgeuse?

Oh, don't tell me. I can ask Jeeves myself.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
no sugar added *is more sugar by weight than mountain dew*

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I like apple juice, but I'll readily admit it's probably the most infantile of all juices.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Because poor people are dumb and easily fooled

"Juice is healthy"
- 300 pound idiot, too dumb to read the label on the thing he is drinking

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Fartbox posted:

Because poor people are dumb and easily fooled

"Juice is healthy"
- 300 pound idiot, too dumb to read the label on the thing he is drinking
The orange juice (actual orange juice) in my fridge has more sugar than the soda I have.

Then again people don't usually drink liters of juice a day. Unless they're juice health freaks and ironically enough end up drinking tons of sugar.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
the bones

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
juice from a juicer is pretty boss because it hasn't been through six levels of particulate filtering to get out every last shred of fiber and insoluble nutrients or gone through chemical homogenization to ensure there is no soluble fiber or secondary metabolites that don't fit the flavor or nutrient profile for the juce they produce millions of gallons of. you cant drink much of it because yoru body actually thinks its real food

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

nigga crab pollock posted:

juice from a juicer is pretty boss because it hasn't been through six levels of particulate filtering to get out every last shred of fiber and insoluble nutrients or gone through chemical homogenization to ensure there is no soluble fiber or secondary metabolites that don't fit the flavor or nutrient profile for the juce they produce millions of gallons of. you cant drink much of it because yoru body actually thinks its real food

even setting aside how psuedo science this sounds, why not just make a smoothie or eat the fruit whole? You're missin all the fiber.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Just drink some Fanta. In some regions of the world, it even has like 5% juice in it!

Also it was invented by Nazi Germany

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
food companies are as evil as any other company and have a massive majority of americans believing that certain 'natural' sources of sugar will not make them obese, diabetic, in a permanent hormonal imbalance, addicted, etc, and it instead wants them to be afraid of getting fat from eating 1/10th as much fat as they do carbs daily.

then in return another evil company from animal agriculture will try to convince you that their meat isn't the meat that the sugar people told you will give you heart disease

eventually you will join the entire nation of people who don't understand any level of macronutrition, continue eating too much sugar and overpaying for your meat, ok have a good one

if i'm exaggerating at all then tell me why every fitness person i know treats cutting carbs as the equivalent to quitting smoking after twenty years, nobody just cuts simple sugars in half and goes about their life, its always some secret handshake a girl does with her bff, NO CARB NOVEMBER, not even broccoli for uhhh no real reason we just don't know what we're talking about

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

ArbitraryC posted:

even setting aside how psuedo science this sounds, why not just make a smoothie or eat the fruit whole? You're missin all the fiber.

fiber is pointless

my poops are great

so whats the point

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I, too, remember Ecto Cooler, OP

*dies from beetus*

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
because of the zionists

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Juice by itself is all the sugar of like a dozen pieces of fruit but none of the fibre that your body needs both to live and to give the body something to digest, consuming the sugar in the process.

So don't drink juice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

extra stout posted:

food companies are as evil as any other company and have a massive majority of americans believing that certain 'natural' sources of sugar will not make them obese, diabetic, in a permanent hormonal imbalance, addicted, etc, and it instead wants them to be afraid of getting fat from eating 1/10th as much fat as they do carbs daily.

then in return another evil company from animal agriculture will try to convince you that their meat isn't the meat that the sugar people told you will give you heart disease

eventually you will join the entire nation of people who don't understand any level of macronutrition, continue eating too much sugar and overpaying for your meat, ok have a good one

if i'm exaggerating at all then tell me why every fitness person i know treats cutting carbs as the equivalent to quitting smoking after twenty years, nobody just cuts simple sugars in half and goes about their life, its always some secret handshake a girl does with her bff, NO CARB NOVEMBER, not even broccoli for uhhh no real reason we just don't know what we're talking about

Yep, these corporations are exploiting "common sense" nutrition knowledge. People get their nutrition knowledge second-hand from journalists who must get attention by making overtly simplistic/extraordinary claims from research studies that are funded by food companies.

• Locked thread