Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Folks the jury is still out on the whole eye damage thing, but studies do show you look lame as hell staring at one of those cardboard pieces of crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The sun has been there for thousands of years. If it was making people blind I think we'd know about it by now.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
if you don't stare at the eclipse, your kids will become autistic

cannedstank
Jun 27, 2017

by Smythe
hey you guys should look at the eclipse

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Don't look at the eclipse! My peers say that it causes global climate change but that's just a conspiracy anyways. Look at it anyways. Nothing will happen.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Turn around

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
The evidence for so-called "tentacle madness" is purely anecdotal, unconfirmed by peer review, and anyway all humans must witness the sun-eater's glory

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
*gets distracted for a second and then absentmindedly looks at the eclipse for a second by accident*

"D'oh!"

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
It's actually perfectly fine to look at a total lunar eclipse

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
you're a bunch of stupid normies why don't you do something worthwhile with your life like look at the sun, by the way i bet you didn't know i'm a SCIENTIST, i make TENS of thousands of dollars ever. single. year.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
do it or i will kill you

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Etch a reticle into your retina and draw a bead on targets at a glance! Just one of the many benefits of staring at the eclipse. Now loving do it, I'm a scientist.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
PRO TIP: Look at the MOON ONLY during a solar eclipse, and you will see the dark side of the moon!

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
it's the face of god

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Heh, nice premise op. Scientists convincing anyone of anything? Haha, this is why I signed up.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Just wear sunglasses. The UVA and UVB radiation protection will enable you to stare at the sun as much as you want without any ocular damage or deterioration.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Turn your monitor....off?

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
If you stare at it long enough it'll become burned into your retinas. Then you can see it forever. I promise it'll be so much better than anything else you're ever gonna see on this hosed up lovely world.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Ein cooler Typ posted:

if you don't stare at the eclipse, your kids will become autistic

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
everybody else is doing it

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's statistically likely that by not looking directly at the eclipse your likelihood of sudden death increases by *20%.

sudden death may be caused by scientist beating you over the head with a brass globe

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

[celebrity name] says we should do it

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Jenny McCarthy has gathered scientific evidence that proves not looking at eclipses will give your children Elephantiasis.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The more you tell people not to look at something, the more likely they are going to want to. I taught a lab once where one of the experiments was measuring the diameter of the sun, and I caught at least one person glancing up at it each period with excuses like "but I have sunglasses on!".

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Aristotle, Galileo, Newton - all stared at an eclipse and were inspired to greatness. And now it's time for you, my son, to take a gander.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Just look at the eclipse ok?
I mean just look at it.
Ju
Just
Just fucki
Just loving LOOK AT IT.
I mean I don't want to scare your kids
It's alright.
It's cool.
It's cool. Don'
Why?
WHy you have to always get upset when I grab your head like that?
I just?
Just look at it.
Look at that.
That.
gently caress.

Look at that oval.
It's not perfect

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
If you blink you'll miss it

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
There's no definitive proof that staring at the sun will damage your eyes

It's just extremely likely

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
do it or you're a pussy

empirically speaking you're a total puss if you don't

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
According to the New England Journal of Medicine, not staring at the eclipse will turn your penis to fully lose three inches. If you do not have a penis, you will instead grow one with a length in inches equal to number of inches lost by all penises in a 200-foot radius: the only way to prevent this growth is, of course, to stare into the eclipse.

Trust me, I'm a scientist.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
girls dig blind guys

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
please look at the eclipse.

Night Pay
Nov 22, 2016

by Smythe
What, don't you loving love science?

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Check it out u can see the suns pusy

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
What else were you saving your vision for

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If you stare in to an eclipse it removes the layer on your eye that hides lizard people from sight

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
hands out custom made welding masks with secret convex lens for the window w/o filter :flipoff: :fyadride: :zenpop:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
It's simple, all you have to say is this:

Don't stare at the eclipse

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

you paid a lot of money for this cruise. look at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six I did.

• Locked thread