Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
I'm sitting in bed watching japanese children's cartoons and eating instant ramen from a disposable bowl when I should be gainfully employed and starting my own family????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
they can only imagine

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
My parents are dead. There aint no bouncing back from that.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
I'm an unemployed alcoholic pothead living off of disability checks. To be fair, my mom doesn't care about the weed. Or the disability because it's not my fault and not something I can change. But I know my mom hates that I'm a big drinker because alcohol killed my dad. My dad's ghost probably is disappointed that I'm following in those footsteps.

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.

Frankenstyle posted:

My parents are dead. There aint no bouncing back from that.

Maybe they are in purgatory; which is a little 70s styled bungalow with shag carpet and wood paneling. Inside they have a single TV with no knobs, no on/off switch, and no remote, but it's perpetually airing every waking moment of your existence.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
im pooping

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
33 y.o., unmarried, do not own a house/apartment, still live with them.

What do I win?

(apart from eternal shame)

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I revealed the wu tang secret

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I have a license and a job but can't drive for the rest of the year due to a medical condition

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The weed

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Posting on Something Awful.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
by not being the head of a big corporation

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

My girlfriend is trans

I have small hands

I dislike a lot of seafood

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Fartbox posted:

My girlfriend is trans

I have small hands

You're disappointing me too.

e: the seafood thing, not the trans thing.

e2: nobody said "posting on GBS" yet?!

Murray Mantoinette fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jun 27, 2017

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Fartbox posted:

My girlfriend is trans

I have small hands

What, exactly, disappoints them? I see nothing wrong with any of this.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
im gay

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

My mom has voiced concerns about my gf not being able to have kids. I can't just tell her that i'm only in it for the sex because that's pretty crude. My dad just doesn't believe in transexuality

Small hands are bad

Everyone in my family likes seafood except me. it is a great shame

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Fartbox posted:

My mom has voiced concerns about my gf not being able to have kids. I can't just tell her that i'm only in it for the sex because that's pretty crude. My dad just doesn't believe in transexuality

Small hands are bad

Everyone in my family likes seafood except me. it is a great shame

I can understand your mom's reasoning. Not your dad's, but hey, different generation and all that.

Not sure why hand size matters to anyone.

I also dislike most seafood. I like tuna steak and lobster. And fish & chips. Otherwise, gently caress seafood.

You're cool in my book Fartbox.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
fartbox you should wear big flesh colored mittens then your parents will approve and you won't have to dump your gal or eat a shrimp

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I only eat corn if it is off the cob.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I only eat corn if it is off the cob.

I prefer to serve corn cut from the cob so I can use the cob to make soup.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
I was not able to get a guaranteed 25-year-long job with benefits and retirement investment or purchase a house and two cars on my income alone and my father and grandfather nearly died of shame and also diabetes.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

ProfessorMurder posted:

I prefer to serve corn cut from the cob so I can use the cob to make soup.

Can I borrow some money

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

jay z's sedan posted:

Can I borrow some money

Sure, what do you need? Like 20, 30 bucks?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I recently realized that I don't need to finance the purchase of a new car.
Like... at all.
I took today off from work because my wife is traveling for her job and I wanted to stay at home in my bathrobe, play with the dogs and eventually get drunk.

I think my parents are pissed that this isn't going how they expected.

SuperSlacker
Mar 11, 2007

posting on gbs

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
velcro shoes

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

velcro wallet

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Somehow by being marginally successful and independent. Apparently they want me to live with them and be perpetually 8 years old

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

By hitting the incredibly low bar of being far better than them.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I am moving forwards in my studies and also in my other pursuits in a way that makes me and my parents pretty happy OP

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Haven't gone to any of my relatives funerals in the last 5 years, like geez sorry dad, you don't have to come to my funeral

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
my dad just called and woke me up and asked how to use the ebay

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
My wife and I decided to not have kids.

Sorry Mom and dad, we have better things to do with our time than raise grandkids for you.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

By politely declining to have another kid, by saying, "Hahaha, hell no!"

Aside from that, I'm the alpha between me and my sister. She's intelligent but has zero common sense and is a perpetual source of grief with her personal life.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
Letting a perfectly good engineering degree go to waste and instead going to business school.

Not making billions with my business degree and instead becoming an academic

Unable to accurately predict fluctuations in the financial and housing market, despite having gone to business school.

Fartbox posted:

My dad just doesn't believe in transexuality

What's up with dads not believing in things?

My dad doesn't believe in HVAC. He thinks heat pumps are "perpetual motion bullshit", sold to dupe homeowners. He has a STEM PhD.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I forgot, I'm also disappointing because I can cook food. Apparently if it doesn't come out of a box, can, or freezer it's just not good enough for them.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
Well OP, my parents love me and I love them :) I baked some muffins with my mom the other day and reminisced about when my brother and I were kids.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I've been out of the house and held a steady job since college, but I imagine they kind of worry about me dying alone. If they knew more maybe they'd know I deserve it :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
I APPOINTED THEM, BUT NOW I'M TAKING IT BACK!

• Locked thread