Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
Primal RORG are literally all the same set of primary rolls since you get the fixed main/ias/loh and all primal jewelry has a fixed socket. It takes a particularly weird build like something that needs RORG plus a pair of amulet affixes to actually make you want to equip the RORG. I think the last time I did that was using Flavor of Time and Squirt's affixes on a Tal wiz in a 4p setup so we could fish for a 1 minute power pylon to kill the back half of the GR and the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Weird edge case I can think of would be a non crit build like thorns that wants IAS.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
The maxroll build for Invoker Thorns Crusader has RORG equipped and Convention of Elements cubed, I think exactly for attack speed reasons.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

bamhand posted:

Weird edge case I can think of would be a non crit build like thorns that wants IAS.

That 'weird edge case' is me this season with crusader invoker, and it's even weirder because you can crit now:

'Automatically' means crit chance is irrelevant, but the damage still applies. And you have to 'incapacitate' poo poo, which stun does, and slash + electrify does that.

A RRoG that comes with a socket can turn life on hit into crit damage. And even if it doesn't, you do a shitload of hits, and it's good survivability. I guess an ancient 200% CoE which rolled attack speed and whatever would be equal, but good luck with that.

This build absolutely smashes mid-high grifts - I'm doing ~3 min 120s at 1100 paragon with just a couple of 125 augments. It does struggle with anything that can't be CC-ed (loving Juggernaut elites...), or gets immune 'cause it lives too long, but is a lot more fun than I thought it would be, and is tanky as gently caress.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

xiansi posted:

That 'weird edge case' is me this season with crusader invoker, and it's even weirder because you can crit now:

'Automatically' means crit chance is irrelevant, but the damage still applies. And you have to 'incapacitate' poo poo, which stun does, and slash + electrify does that.

A RRoG that comes with a socket can turn life on hit into crit damage. And even if it doesn't, you do a shitload of hits, and it's good survivability. I guess an ancient 200% CoE which rolled attack speed and whatever would be equal, but good luck with that.

This build absolutely smashes mid-high grifts - I'm doing ~3 min 120s at 1100 paragon with just a couple of 125 augments. It does struggle with anything that can't be CC-ed (loving Juggernaut elites...), or gets immune 'cause it lives too long, but is a lot more fun than I thought it would be, and is tanky as gently caress.

Also doing this build. My biggest nemesis is electrified or reflect damage packs.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

drat I wanna try that now. Was thinking of doing sader anyway

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Hitting that pre-push burnout where jewelry becomes my personal hell. Comparatively speaking they might as well just let you pick the stats on your other gear because jesus those three slots are harsh.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
I kinda want to reach 150 again to have a full set of gems (the only one I'm missing is the red soul shard from the current event) but the idea of gearing up for it a second time is very dissuasive.

Unrelated but hilarious: I went to look up the name of that gem on the official game guide and uhhhhhhh https://us.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/item/gem/

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Every level is covered

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Jesus, I have about 128 days played time and because of how they count things this didn't include any of the auction house farming from back in the day.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I've got 43 days on my demon hunter that was my first created in 2.0 and has been endlessly rebirthed since then. Plus however god knows how many on the countless other alts that have been created and deleted since then. :smith:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I think you can look it up by class. I've tallied it before and it's a lot but baby numbers compared to those, haha.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
shift + P and mouse over each class and it'll tell you total in game time for that class. Then you gotta do your own math because they won't do it for you to get the grand total.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Dameius posted:

shift + P and mouse over each class and it'll tell you total in game time for that class. Then you gotta do your own math because they won't do it for you to get the grand total.

250 days exactly when I add them all up, as of now. Goddamn.

Of course this is nothing compared to my time in WoW over the last two loving decades, but.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Mind over Matter posted:

250 days exactly when I add them all up, as of now. Goddamn.

Of course this is nothing compared to my time in WoW over the last two loving decades, but.

That makes me feel better. I had 36 or 39, I can't remember now which, when TBC came out and it just made me feel sad and was the seed that got me to quit a little into TBC.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Did they drastically lower the legendary/set drop rate for rifts? I'm getting a ton of stuff in portals, but comparatively nothing in rifts and GRs. Sorry if this was answered recently - I'm dozens of pages behind.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Lincoln posted:

Did they drastically lower the legendary/set drop rate for rifts? I'm getting a ton of stuff in portals, but comparatively nothing in rifts and GRs. Sorry if this was answered recently - I'm dozens of pages behind.

What level rifts are you running? Once I hit 60+ on GRs, multiple legendary drops were almost guaranteed.

On the other hand, I've completed the season journey and never got a Ramaladni

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
Nothing has been changed about drop rates in rifts or greater rifts. The portals seem so much better because their drop rate goes up with depth, like having a torment 20 rift if those existed.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I actually find the visions to be somewhat annoying because a typical run will take you back up to town 1-2 times to disenchant, really messes with the flow!

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

exquisite tea posted:

I actually find the visions to be somewhat annoying because a typical run will take you back up to town 1-2 times to disenchant, really messes with the flow!

Keep empty stash tabs for the sole purpose of dropping unidentified loot. tp home when full only to unload, and identify everything when you're done. Sorting your gear on every tp is a wildly inefficient way to do it.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Lincoln posted:

No modifications. Early on when you're doing bounties and getting like five portals per bounty run it certainly feels like you're tripping over them and spending all your time emptying your inventory in town. Once you're speeding tier 100+ GRs and you specifically have to farm portals instead of getting them incidentally it's not as lucrative and the legendaries over time even out. You still need to do both but it stops feeling so lopsided.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

thunderspanks posted:

Keep empty stash tabs for the sole purpose of dropping unidentified loot. tp home when full only to unload, and identify everything when you're done. Sorting your gear on every tp is a wildly inefficient way to do it.

this isn't diablo 4, you can smash 99% of stuff sight unseen without even identifying

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

But if you have to identify more than one thing it takes the same amount of time anyway. I do love salvaging primals unidentified when you know they're trash, though.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 23, 2024

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

exquisite tea posted:

I know your pain, its even worse when you have a full stash + full bags and then ANOTHER rift opens :smith:

(we are living in an alternate universe where there are too many drops)

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

(we are living in an alternate universe where there are too many drops)

I always recall 2.0 launch pre-ROS where we were all running around happy if we got about one legendary an hour.

Not saying that's better, (it isn't) just thinking on how it has changed.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Mind over Matter posted:

I always recall 2.0 launch pre-ROS where we were all running around happy if we got about one legendary an hour.

Not saying that's better, (it isn't) just thinking on how it has changed.

And we had to smash so many pots while ignoring the primary gameplay loop of the game to get them, too. A+, excellent game design.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I never really got into the pot smashing, but I only started the game with 2.0 so I was still pretty new to it all then.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Got about 10 hours in on a super casual switch playthrough with Inna Mystic Ally monk, and just hit ~GR75 last night, and while a GR90 rift guardian drops a few more legos, by this point they're no longer dropping yellows and you'll be swimming in sets and legendaries in no time. I definitely recommend prioritising the SJ once you get the first couple altar nodes as you'll need shard capacity and set helms and what not for that anyway.

Once you finish Act IV of the season journey and get the 6pce bonus (if you don't luck into a RORG and 5th pce even sooner) you should be able to rocket straight to 75+ on most if not all classes this season - then it's just a matter of alternating grifting and key farming until you're hitting sub-3 min GR90s. Unless you're horribly unlucky or really need a RORG to make a usable build for your class, you probably don't need to worry about rerolling gear, farming DBs or cubing yellows - you'll be full on blood shards constantly and building up a healthy supply of salvage mats from squishing RG drops and Kadala fodder. Bounties are far more profitable when you can do them at T16 anyway - do what you need for the SJ and then focus on getting them greens!

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Been doing some gr at high levels on the ZOMBIE BEARS set and while it can do an insane amount of damage the slightest blip in the ground absolutely ruins your day.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

thunderspanks posted:

That still requires you to stop, use a town portal, and come back. The issue is needing to make a pit stop.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Are you really having your entire inventory fill up on legendaries in a single portal? With the salvage pet, the only thing that requires a TP is the rainbow portal.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Yes, if your vision portal goes on for even 5 floors or so it's easy to get a completely full inventory of only legendaries.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

bamhand posted:

Are you really having your entire inventory fill up on legendaries in a single portal? With the salvage pet, the only thing that requires a TP is the rainbow portal.

Yes. Two floors of all elite monsters and the scraps from another floor are enough to fill my inventory before I can open the chest. If it's a portal with seven or eight floors, I will probably need to make a second trip to town.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Star Man posted:

That still requires you to stop, use a town portal, and come back. The issue is needing to make a pit stop.

Granted yes but you are doubling or tripling or more your time in town if you stop to identify/whatever instead of just dumping and going back. It's a 10 second detour. If that's an enormous inconvenience for someone then they need to be more discerning about what they pick up.

bamhand posted:

I got an 8 or 9 floor enmity a few days ago and filled two and a half stash tabs just with legendaries. It's bonkers sometimes.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

thunderspanks posted:

Granted yes but you are doubling or tripling or more your time in town if you stop to identify/whatever instead of just dumping and going back. It's a 10 second detour. If that's an enormous inconvenience for someone then they need to be more discerning about what they pick up.

Reforges cost souls, and souls come from the garbage I pick up and hand to Haedrig. I'm picking up what my probe can't. I'm jumping into those enmity portals for the drops and gold when I want a break from greater rifts and some cash to fund empowered greater rifts.

The issue is that I'm also trying to blast enmity portals to get my kill streak as high as I can for the bonus experience. Even at paragon 1,300+, I can still gain a level or a big chunk of progress, so it stinks to have to stop because I hoovered up too many legendary items. I could just keep going and then backtrack for the drops, but that's a bigger inconvenience.

Like, we know we don't have to pick up everything. I reserve the right to not pick up everything.

Star Man fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 24, 2024

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Diablo III - "I can't believe we're at the point that we need 'Pets pick up and salvage legendaries'".

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

One of the worst things that can happen to you in D3 is actually getting an upgrade, then you have to interrupt the flow state with all that time wasted enchanting and augmenting.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

One of the worst things that can happen to you in D3 is actually getting an upgrade, then you have to interrupt the flow state with all that time wasted enchanting and augmenting.

Me trying to farm the staff with 69 portals appearing. I can't not go in them.

Season 30 is still great, playing longer than usual for some reason. Might be because season 3 of...another game isn't going so well.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Suburban Dad posted:

Might be because season 3 of...another game isn't going so well.

Isn't it? I have been playing it some and I had one quest block that was fixed by relogging in the first hour, but other than that it's been perfectly smooth for me.

Smoother than the D3 servers have been actually, which is frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Mind over Matter posted:

Isn't it? I have been playing it some and I had one quest block that was fixed by relogging in the first hour, but other than that it's been perfectly smooth for me.

Smoother than the D3 servers have been actually, which is frustrating.

Honestly I haven't played it because it didn't sound like they did anything interesting to make the game fun but there has been a lot of discourse everywhere I've seen. Reddit, the thread here, the bliz forum, yt, etc.

My biggest issue on d3 seasons is having to log out and log back in right when the season ticks over. I imagine there's a lot fewer people playing it at this point, though compared to D4.