Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

chernobyl kinsman posted:

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon. It's just so long.

The Plague, Camus. I think I've pretended to have read this in conversation before but it was a lie.

Blindness, Saramago. Yeah, idk what's wrong with me either

Rebecca, du Maurier. I have no doubt that this is extremely my poo poo and I've read a lot of du Maurier otherwise but I just haven't gotten here yet.

Read The Plague because it is pretty rad and full of death and it's not long like Gravity's Rainbow and there are cool covers like this one:

I'm trying to decide:

Kim - Rudyard Kipling Just wanted something different than what I usually read. Heart of Darkness put me off of reading about white people being lovely and colonial but maybe this is worth it?

The Sound and the Fury - William Faulkner As I Lay Dying is one of my favorite books ever but I hear this one is a super-tough, impenetrable nightmare read.

The Sirens of Titan - Kurt Vonnegut I'm a little tired of Vonnegut but it's been on my shelf for so long now.

The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway Forgot I owned it because it slipped between two other books. Never really "got" the love for Hemingway even though I love most of his short stories.

The Mezzanine - Nicholas Baker I hear it's a postmodern classic but...I dunno...never got around it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Looks like I'm reading The Sound and the Fury.

:getin: